Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:32:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vircurex does not allow for ANY withdrawals at the moment.  (Read 2124 times)
jolskeboll (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 07:36:24 AM

I have never experienced any problems with Vircurex before (except DGC withdrawals), but now, a few days a go, vircurex gives this message "Unable to process the request right now. Please try again later." for ANY coin I am withdrawing. This could be something temporary, but I'd like to hear from other people still actively trading at the platform (the few left), have you got the same message the last days. Just to make sure it is not only me been "suspended".

I know that most people think that Vircurex is scam and I have been careful not to deposit too much coins (max a bitcoin, but that is still a bitcoin).

Twitter: Apis Apis @infinitypump

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jolskeboll (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:23:21 PM

I have never experienced any problems with Vircurex before (except DGC withdrawals), but now, a few days a go, vircurex gives this message "Unable to process the request right now. Please try again later." for ANY coin I am withdrawing. This could be something temporary, but I'd like to hear from other people still actively trading at the platform (the few left), have you got the same message the last days. Just to make sure it is not only me been "suspended".

I know that most people think that Vircurex is scam and I have been careful not to deposit too much coins (max a bitcoin, but that is still a bitcoin).

have the same issue in all wallets
sent a message and from my experience it takes time until the dev team gets the info
they never screwed me before, and even released some stuck withdrawal 4-6 month after they got stuck.
i dont think they scam ppl (at least not in the last year and a half + ), but i do know they are very very slow and will fix wallet once every couple of weeks/months

Yeh, I have experienced the same. Only problem they have had is that you cannot withdraw DGC. Let's just hope for the best. Maybe it is just the wallet-service that is down. (fingerscrossed). If they fix this thing, I'll continue trading there Smiley

jwr7

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:33:46 AM

I have also been unable to withdraw LTC for the last few days. I find it alarming.

I do hope this will be fixed and it isn't just a scam.
jolskeboll (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:41:26 AM

Good news!

Since yesterday, vircurex fixed the problems and now deposits and withdrawals work again. I have tested with many coins and no signs of scam at all. The admin has been away for a while, that's all.

WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 09:45:11 AM

I have also been unable to withdraw LTC for the last few days. I find it alarming.

I do hope this will be fixed and it isn't just a scam.

They already pulled a scam please searchh the forums.  They offered percentage interest on balances and then blocked withdraws.
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:36:07 AM

just be careful with these exchanges, criptsy going down with the speed of light too, dont keep big funds in them.
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:48:08 AM

Please be aware that they ceased even bothering to pay back the users whose funds they stole, with the last instalment made in August 2014
Quote from: Vircurex
Frozen Funds

Update 20th August 2014
Payout to frozen accounts this month:
10.515 BTC
15.24 LTC
29.44 FTC
9.61 TRC

Total balances after the amounts have been distributed
BTC: 329 accounts with frozen amounts, total 1,671 BTC
FTC: 42 accounts with frozen amounts, total 151,953 FTC
LTC: 2299 accounts with frozen amounts, total 124,864 LTC
TRC: 77 accounts with frozen amounts, total 127,719 TRC

Update 15th July 2014
13.87 BTC
17.34 LTC
26.75 FTC
10.61 TRC

BTC: 335 accounts with frozen amounts, total 1682 BTC
FTC: 42 accounts with frozen amounts, total 151,983 FTC
LTC: 2330 accounts with frozen amounts, total 124,880 LTC
TRC: 77 accounts with frozen amounts, total 127,729 TRC

Update 8th June 2014
24.82 BTC
20.30 LTC
6.51 TRC
65.30 FTC

BTC: 346 accounts with frozen amounts, total 1696 BTC
FTC: 42 accounts with frozen amounts, total 152,010 FTC
LTC: 2380 accounts with frozen amounts, total 124,897 LTC
TRC: 77 accounts with frozen amounts, total 127,739 TRC

We have made a minor change to the BTC distribution, we have capped the returned amount to 1 BTC per user, thus allowing for more users to receive back funds

Update 5th May 2014
14.34 BTC
67.74 LTC
89.6 TRC
30.9 FTC

BTC: 346 accounts with frozen amounts, total 1720 BTC
FTC: 42 accounts with frozen amounts, total 152,075 FTC
LTC: 2432 accounts with frozen amounts, total 124,917 LTC
TRC: 77 accounts with frozen amounts, total 127,746 TRC

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 09:30:27 AM

Does vircurex has a service thread on bitcointalk? I tried to reach them through their support system but no answer.

I have read they got hacked in 2013 one time already though recovered it seems.

Since the owner kumala is the same owning cryptostocks.com i was wondering if i can reach him through vircurex since cryptostocks.com is down for 2 or 3 weeks now.

Cryptostocks has some problems, for example it doesn't repair the user emails. The emails sending out the list of shareholders to the issuers daily are working but not the user emails that, for example, send out the confirmation links when a user wants to withdraw funds. And now cs is fully down again.

Kumala should repair cryptostocks and when he doesn't want to proceed he would need to announce it and give everyone a month time to move away from cs. Then he could stop cs. But the way it is now is not good. It looks like he doesn't care about it anymore but this leaves the issuers and users with problems since the shares and bitcoins stay on the site unsolved.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 09:38:25 AM

The emails sending out the list of shareholders to the issuers daily are working but not the user emails that, for example, send out the confirmation links when a user wants to withdraw funds.

So the part of the platform that allows users to withdraw is no longer functioning? When it comes to trying to find out what is going on, I think you'll find you've already answered that question.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 10:21:02 AM

The emails sending out the list of shareholders to the issuers daily are working but not the user emails that, for example, send out the confirmation links when a user wants to withdraw funds.

So the part of the platform that allows users to withdraw is no longer functioning? When it comes to trying to find out what is going on, I think you'll find you've already answered that question.

That refers to cryptostocks.com, which is owned by kumala, who owns vircurex too. And the email problem is only affecting some users who sat up the option of email confirmation for withdraws. I'm surprised i didn't make that setup but i'm happy since i could still withdraw because of that. At least when the exchange was online. It is not online now since some weeks again. This happened before a couple of times and kumala fixed it at least as far to make it online again. The email problem was not fixed though.

The good thing is that issuers can't pay out divs then too. So that the divs are not stuck on there.

But still, if vircurex is owned by the same you have to wonder what will happen with vircurex. Is kumala handling it the same way soon or what is the matter? I have read someone who withdrew his coins from vircurex now because he fears it is a problem that the same owner handles cryptostocks the way he does.

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 11:06:38 AM

TBH nobody should be using Vircurex at all. When they froze all the BTC and LTC balances it was done on the basis that they concocted this absurd justification for allowing a top-down/bottom-up repayment structure, which essentially saw a handful of whales all able to withdraw their funds and a ton of dust accounts which had probably already been forgotten/abandoned, with the rest of the average traders losing all of their BTC and LTC.

After posting a series of entries on their site claiming to have repaid small amounts of coins back to some accounts they stopped in August of 2014 and have only just recently updated with another post claiming some more has been repaid, probably to convince people who might still be using the site that they're still viable.

http://vircurex.com/welcome/ann_reserved.html
Quote from: Vircurex Announcement page
Update 3rd January 2016
3.45 BTC
101.6 LTC
151,953.9 FTC
48,937 TRC

BTC: 328 accounts with frozen amounts, total 1,666 BTC
FTC: 0 accounts with frozen amounts, total 0 FTC
LTC: 2162 accounts with frozen amounts, total 124,763 LTC
TRC: 39 accounts with frozen amounts, total 78,782 TRC

As you can see, the amounts being returned are clearly insufficient to make any real impact on the funds they owe.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 11:17:44 AM

TBH nobody should be using Vircurex at all. When they froze all the BTC and LTC balances it was done on the basis that they concocted this absurd justification for allowing a top-down/bottom-up repayment structure, which essentially saw a handful of whales all able to withdraw their funds and a ton of dust accounts which had probably already been forgotten/abandoned, with the rest of the average traders losing all of their BTC and LTC.

After posting a series of entries on their site claiming to have repaid small amounts of coins back to some accounts they stopped in August of 2014 and have only just recently updated with another post claiming some more has been repaid, probably to convince people who might still be using the site that they're still viable.

http://vircurex.com/welcome/ann_reserved.html
Quote from: Vircurex Announcement page
Update 3rd January 2016
3.45 BTC
101.6 LTC
151,953.9 FTC
48,937 TRC

BTC: 328 accounts with frozen amounts, total 1,666 BTC
FTC: 0 accounts with frozen amounts, total 0 FTC
LTC: 2162 accounts with frozen amounts, total 124,763 LTC
TRC: 39 accounts with frozen amounts, total 78,782 TRC

As you can see, the amounts being returned are clearly insufficient to make any real impact on the funds they owe.

Didn't know in detail that this happened. I guess they paid back the whales because they were the biggest threat to them of being sued. The small accounts would have not enough money to sue most probably.

And i wonder if the site makes enough profit or if the payback they did was all they could afford.

In 2013 they claimed nobody should worry since they will eat the loss. Was that another hack then?

cryptodevil
Legendary

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 12:14:18 PM

I believe so, but unfortunately the new wave of users they gained during the 2014 scramble into crypto saw them able to get a new round of traders who were unaware of their history or figured they were a legit operation because they had absorbed the first loss. For Vircurex to recover now would require a huge volume of trading to be taking place daily and nobody is likely to be that naive as to consider it a worthwhile platform to trade on anymore.

noel57

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:13:41 PM

Just has someone said, Never keep your coin in an exchange wallet, the is just the way cryptsy started.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 02:16:02 PM

I believe so, but unfortunately the new wave of users they gained during the 2014 scramble into crypto saw them able to get a new round of traders who were unaware of their history or figured they were a legit operation because they had absorbed the first loss. For Vircurex to recover now would require a huge volume of trading to be taking place daily and nobody is likely to be that naive as to consider it a worthwhile platform to trade on anymore.

So they have a history of being hacked when the wallets are full or what? Roll Eyes How convenient.

One should ask why they did not learn what a cold wallet is then.

And it is bad enough to know that kumala is completely anonymous, as far as i learned.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 02:17:29 PM

Just has someone said, Never keep your coin in an exchange wallet, the is just the way cryptsy started.

Yes, especially when selling bitcoins to protect against a falling bitcoin price it would be better not having stored fiat on an exchange but instead exchanging the bitcoins to nubits, then holding them in your own nubits wallet. That way you know that you have exactly $100 in your wallet, or whatever the bitcoins were worth when they were sold.

noel57

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2016, 02:22:41 PM

Yes, especially when selling bitcoins to protect against a falling bitcoin price it would be better not having stored fiat on an exchange but instead exchanging the bitcoins to nubits, then holding them in your own nubits wallet. That way you know that you have exactly $100 in your wallet, or whatever the bitcoins were worth when they were sold.
Slightly off topic,
@ SebastianJu, are trying to say that nubit offer the safest wallet, because i know that keeping your wallet on your desktop also have its own dis advantage.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2016, 02:34:22 PM

Slightly off topic,
@ SebastianJu, are trying to say that nubit offer the safest wallet, because i know that keeping your wallet on your desktop also have its own dis advantage.

In no way i say that their wallet is safer. I only say it is a high risk leaving coins or virtual fiat lying around on exchanges. They are a big target for hackers.

When you hold your wallet on your desktop then you can encrypt it, put it in file container, protect your pc, back the cointainer up on external harddiscs and in the cloud and safe your passwords in an encrypted password manager too.

I would trust that way more than an exchange that maybe even has owners with unknown identities.

pineapples
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

to your stations, man the pineapples!!!

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 01:51:07 PM

currently they only seem to be allowing btc withdrawls.

so it's a great place to trade Cheesy

YEEE F*#KIN HA BIG RED TEXT !!!           

(\__/)    
(='.'=)   
(")_(")   

BUMBA
semaforo

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 09:48:55 PM

I just discovered a forgottwn vircurex account and found 3.5 btc and 75 ltc... somehow all had been frozen, but then 1 btc was unfrozen, now I was able to get it out, but there is still 2.5 btc and 75 ltc in there frozen. Anyone heard any stories about recovering frozen funds?

Perhaps a class action suit or some other threat could yield something?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: