Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:26:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Horrible Idea  (Read 997 times)
coolmanme101 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:02:00 AM

Who wants to hear the worst idea possible? Still reading... your loss. This is the basis, in my basement i noticed that the floor stayed pretty cool, and my miner got a little warm. I was thinking about putting a large water block against the concrete to cool the water coming from my u2. Yes i know this will never be profitable, and water cooling it is absolutely idiotic. But i figured that if i boxed off the radiator and threw some fittings on there it would be a fun project to waste my time and burn my wallet. Any suggestions on how to waste my time and probably soak my u2.
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:24:31 AM

When you say "U2" you are talking about the 3GH stick miner, right?

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
coolmanme101 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:41:51 AM

Yeah, the one with the large heat sink.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 02:42:25 AM

That's not going to put out any significant heat whatsoever...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
coolmanme101 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:50:30 AM

Exactly, i just need to waste my time. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for doing this.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:52:22 AM

I think the point is, it won't really even be a test. All the heat that little thing could put out, you wouldn't even need a radiator or a floor to sink it into. A tiny pump and about a foot of hose would probably be adequate.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
coolmanme101 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:02:54 AM

I already did all the math for all the heat dissipation and math stuff and it would do nothing, but i just want this to look cool and have fun messing around. But this is just one of those, screw it i'm bored and its 2 in the morning projects.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:07:28 AM

I already did all the math for all the heat dissipation and math stuff and it would do nothing, but i just want this to look cool and have fun messing around. But this is just one of those, screw it i'm bored and its 2 in the morning projects.

Your spending more on material then the miners are worth.   If at all possible look even at used miners.  S5's run hot and loud.   S3's are not expensive at this point.

So there are other options.  I mean a small fan would take away all U2's heat so you wont see much if anything.  You really are not testing anything.
coolmanme101 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:11:38 AM

I was considering grabbing something larger, but this is just to give myself something to do and waste my time. There was nothing i could possibly learn or gain, and i would be wasting money on the whole system, but yolo. #richprivlage #lotsofmoney #loaded #jkimpoor
Prelude
Legendary

Activity: 1596

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:25:59 AM

Never has a thread title been more accurate.  Tongue
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:26:08 AM

I was considering grabbing something larger, but this is just to give myself something to do and waste my time. There was nothing i could possibly learn or gain, and i would be wasting money on the whole system, but yolo. #richprivlage #lotsofmoney #loaded #jkimpoor

There is so much wrong there I will not comment on 2/3 of it.  But look at heat factor of U2's you honestly are getting nothing. Even if you do all this ... you gain nothing.  

There is nothing you can share good out of experiment as the heat is just so little.  If your set on doing it you need to change out the miners being used.  U2's you will have almost 0 effect here.   But I will leave it at that as far as this thread goes.
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:05:48 AM

There is so much wrong there I will not comment on 2/3 of it.  But look at heat factor of U2's you honestly are getting nothing. Even if you do all this ... you gain nothing.  

There is nothing you can share good out of experiment as the heat is just so little.  If your set on doing it you need to change out the miners being used.  U2's you will have almost 0 effect here.   But I will leave it at that as far as this thread goes.

Hmm such a pity.... there are so many other better ways of messing about with Bitcoin hardware.....   Smiley

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
coolmanme101 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:35:33 PM

I was thinking about phase-change cooling, but that would get too hot.
Bananana

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 02:17:23 PM

Who wants to hear the worst idea possible? Still reading... your loss. This is the basis, in my basement i noticed that the floor stayed pretty cool, and my miner got a little warm. I was thinking about putting a large water block against the concrete to cool the water coming from my u2. Yes i know this will never be profitable, and water cooling it is absolutely idiotic. But i figured that if i boxed off the radiator and threw some fittings on there it would be a fun project to waste my time and burn my wallet. Any suggestions on how to waste my time and probably soak my u2.

I dont quite understand what you are trying to do here, but making a hole and blowing the heat out is better idea.

toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:59:15 PM

if understand it right one: hes trolling us. or 2  he is actually that rich and wants to waste large a mounts of money doing nothing worth while . i have meet a few rich people like that, that's seer boredom they had everything anyone could want to much of it, were bored that much.

by the sound of it were being trolled: they didn't come out say they were, they did it or even ask anyone.

cya

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: