Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:47:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Raid Home of Alleged "Bitcoin Creator" Craig Wright - ALL FACTS  (Read 5642 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 08:57:24 AM

SGI denies links with alleged bitcoin founder Craig Wright

http://www.zdnet.com/article/sgi-denies-links-with-alleged-bitcoin-founder-craig-wright/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:00:04 AM

Let's put things into sequence: Wright is not Satoshi but there's an article which claims that he can probably be him. Then this guy get raided by the australian police. If there was no article we would have never heard of him. My question is why and what this really have to do with bitcoin?
Kepasa
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:03:24 AM

It is real Satoshi?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

Date Registered:    November 19, 2009, 07:12:39 PM
Last Active:    December 13, 2010, 04:45:41 PM
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:04:53 AM

It is real Satoshi?

Yes it is.
BerndBrot

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:11:02 AM

Let's put things into sequence: Wright is not Satoshi but there's an article which claims that he can probably be him. Then this guy get raided by the australian police. If there was no article we would have never heard of him. My question is why and what this really have to do with bitcoin?

Bitcoin All-Star Panel.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 09:24:10 AM

"On Friday afternoon, Charles Sturt University released a statement via email to Mashable confirming Wright completed three qualifications from the university: Master of Networking and Systems Administration, Master of Management (Information Technology) and Master of Information Systems Security.

He was not awarded a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) by the university, a Masters in Systems Development or a degree in Psychology as he claimed on his LinkedIn page and in his resume. "

http://mashable.com/2015/12/10/bitcoin-satoshi-nakamoto-craig-wright/#Sez6tSPWbSqk

ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:03:28 PM

It is real Satoshi?

Yeah that is the real Satoshi account, pretty sure it has been locked though.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:25:12 PM

So his so called supercomuter does not exist it seems.
That guy is nothing more than pure vaporware.A storyteller!
I hope nobody here is really believing all this crazy talk him being Satoshi.He definitely is not!
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:52:57 PM

So, the guy who people think is Satoshi (Nick S), is speaking with the guy who is claiming to be Satoshi? Interesting!  Wink Grin

Complete with Michelle Seven-cum-Darla blessed to be in the presence of Our Gang perplexed as to whom Dr. Craig Steven Wright was asking him if he's an investor, miner, what. A few minutes later, Ms Seven ask Mr. Wright to elaborate on the Twitter exchange between her and Craig most recently while the rest of the panel facepalms.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:05:35 PM

A simple fact that this guy was dodging tax paying smells really bad to me. Why would a guy that has left this technology to us, to the world not pay his taxes. A guy that has millions and millions of dollars worth of Bitcoin?!

I mean this is a person that really tried to change the world for the better with this technology.

All this story is a complete BS if you are asking me.

It not a matter of not paying his taxes, but of Craig Wright receiving an approved tax rebate of 45 cents for every dollar he spent in his endeavor masked on real money loans using a paper wallet as collateral held by another endeavor in Craig's control. The paper wallet supposedly represent all the bitcoins Satoshi mined complete with a QR code to prove to the ATO reps that it's legit.

That's why Craig left the country (Australia) - he fucked the ATO to tune of millions based on an elaborate hoax, all the while he was cryin' because Mt Gox supposedly still has control of some of Craig's bitcoins.

A simple fact that this guy was dodging tax paying smells really bad to me. Why would a guy that has left this technology to us, to the world not pay his taxes. A guy that has millions and millions of dollars worth of Bitcoin?!

I mean this is a person that really tried to change the world for the better with this technology.

All this story is a complete BS if you are asking me.

It's not that he didn't pay tax, it's that he defrauded the government out of $54m through bogus R&D he claimed he spent non-existent Bitcoin on (backed up by his secret claims to have been Satoshi). Now it's all come out in the wash that he's a fraud and the Aussie police are out for him. Hence why I think they may have been behind the leak. Why spend a lot of time and money investigating something you know very little about when the Bitcoin community can out the guy in a couple of hours?

Okay, I'll admit that you said it more elegantly.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:07:05 PM

It is real Satoshi?

Yeah that is the real Satoshi account, pretty sure it has been locked though.
Yes, it have been locked by theymos since that last security breach on the forums where hackers got access to emails and accounts database.
There was a possibility that they also gained access to satoshi's account.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:12:24 PM

CEO Craig Steven Wright said Denariuz Bank would begin accepting deposits in the second half of 2014 and would eventually offer Bitcoin-based equivalents of conventional savings accounts, term deposits, credit and debit cards, and loans.

Wright said Denariuz would launch with a global pool of more than 100,000 Bitcoin ($A73.6 million) from its backers.

Eventually, the bank hopes to have a million customers globally.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/aussie-technologists-are-opening-the-worlds-first-bitcoin-based-bank-this-year-2014-2

Wow.

Via search for 'Denariuz' on this forum.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:14:38 PM

"On Friday afternoon, Charles Sturt University released a statement via email to Mashable confirming Wright completed three qualifications from the university: Master of Networking and Systems Administration, Master of Management (Information Technology) and Master of Information Systems Security.

He was not awarded a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) by the university, a Masters in Systems Development or a degree in Psychology as he claimed on his LinkedIn page and in his resume. "

http://mashable.com/2015/12/10/bitcoin-satoshi-nakamoto-craig-wright/#Sez6tSPWbSqk

Nice find! I've been waiting for such to eventually come to light.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:18:19 PM

The guy is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto! The way I see it. it is nothing but an Hoax, and the Media is making a lot of money over it. The real Satoshi will never go public.
The real Satoshi must be enjoying all the drama going in his name. Lucky craig he may not have the fortune that real Satoshi has but now he has as much fame as Satoshi has.Both are in news again because of each other Smiley Cheesy

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:23:39 PM

So his so called supercomuter does not exist it seems.
That guy is nothing more than pure vaporware.A storyteller!
I hope nobody here is really believing all this crazy talk him being Satoshi.He definitely is not!

Just like the other storyteller, John Fitzpatrick, who also was planning to build the worlds largest computer array to mine bitcoins. His elaborate hoax cost folks jobs in Portland, OR, at a university: http://www.kgw.com/story/news/2015/08/28/psu-foundation-leader-resigns-wake-dubious-100m-pledge/71310294/

http://www.oregonlive.com/education/index.ssf/2015/08/portland_state_university_pres.html

John Fitzpatrick conducted interviews in front of a ritzy resident claiming that he lived there, later for everybody to discover he did not. Surprise, surprise!
marcelus

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 05:27:27 PM

The guy is not the real Satoshi Nakamoto! The way I see it. it is nothing but an Hoax, and the Media is making a lot of money over it. The real Satoshi will never go public.
The real Satoshi must be enjoying all the drama going in his name. Lucky craig he may not have the fortune that real Satoshi has but now he has as much fame as Satoshi has.Both are in news again because of each other Smiley Cheesy

The real Satoshi is in that video, looking up at Wright and laughing at him as he introduced himself and then proceeded to postulate that Bitcoin was turing complete.
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 06:28:51 PM

Maybe Satoshi Nakamoto is a woman? Has there been evidence that the creator is clearly a man?

xmax

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 07:38:01 PM

I hears a detective in this raid confiscated 7 different sets of keys in his house, all beacuse there was a key tag marked with a P for Private.  Little did he know, these were not the private keys everyone was looking for.  Needless to say, the detective was not happy when he could not find a place on the computer to insert the key..  Cheesy
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 08:26:24 PM

It's not that he didn't pay tax, it's that he defrauded the government out of $54m through bogus R&D he claimed he spent non-existent Bitcoin on (backed up by his secret claims to have been Satoshi). Now it's all come out in the wash that he's a fraud and the Aussie police are out for him. Hence why I think they may have been behind the leak. Why spend a lot of time and money investigating something you know very little about when the Bitcoin community can out the guy in a couple of hours?

It looks like there was tax fraud prior to that as well.  

Hotwire was only incorporated in June 2013 and the ATO withheld a $3 million GST refund for the September 2013 quarter, which is what precipitated the insolvency of Hotwire.  So in their first quarter of operation they submitted GST claims which the ATO did not find legitimate.  The ATO also with-held R&D credits of $9.6 million for Hotwire.  

De Morgan is another Wright company and the one which is under investigation for the $54 million R&D rebate claim.  Apart from any tax fraud issues arising from this investigation, there are also potential securities fraud issues.  It's a public company and that creates its own legal issues.

It's probably worth pointing out that the AFP is our federal police.  They both investigate in their own right and provide support to government departments in investigating high value or novel crimes which break federal laws.  They also assist the state police forces where appropriate.  

It's beyond ridiculous to believe that ordinary people can understand Bitcoin but federal agencies whose job it is to investigate financial crimes cannot.  While the use of Bitcoin in this particular situation is novel, it's not like it hasn't featured in other investigations in the past - especially those related to Silk Road.  The potential for it to be used for money laundering/terrorism financing has been acknowledged by federal agencies for a long time.  They get how it works and they have both the resources and the authority to access data which no-one else can.  These guys investigate complex financial crimes all the time.

I also think you're over-estimating the value of the "Bitcoin community" in investigations such as this one.  The Bitcoin community has been largely unaware of this guy and he certainly wasn't on their "is this guy Satoshi" radar before any more than Ross Ulbricht was on their radar prior to the Silk Road busts.  The community at large would not be aware if he's managed to acquire $30 million in Bitcoin in ways which aren't recorded in the blockchain.  The individuals who would have knowledge of such transactions would have their own compelling motives for remaining silent.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Paul Revere

Activity: 406
Merit: 260

The Scamcoats are coming!

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:47:15 PM

Any news on the Craig Wright = Mystery GAW/Paycoin whale investor "Craig" = Paycoiner Tankjnr theory?

If true, the massive irony created by Satoshi Nakamoto being a Paycoiner hanging out with the fucking imbeciles on Hashtalk could in fact affect the gravitational constant of the entire Universe and cause a severe distortion in the current reality vector. Grin

All of my posts are simply statements of my own personal opinions based on available information and pondering what might be possible considering human nature, with the goal of finding truth and preventing fraud. Please look at all of the facts and theories and put your thinking cap on to draw your own conclusions. If you feel that I have made a false statement or have been unnecessarily derogatory, I encourage you to please point it out, and if proven correct and/or reasonable I will remedy it. ~ Paul Revere
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: