Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:48:59 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Police Raid Home of Alleged "Bitcoin Creator" Craig Wright - ALL FACTS  (Read 5643 times)
shamati

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:36:13 AM

Gavin Bitcoin  lookk like Robert DeNiro  in Heat

chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:39:03 AM

UPDATE: Friday, Dec. 11, 4:24 p.m.: Charles Sturt University denies some of Craig Wright's claims regarding his education at the university, including that he completed a thesis.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 01:09:10 AM

Let's put things into sequence: Wright is not Satoshi but there's an article which claims that he can probably be him. Then this guy get raided by the australian police. If there was no article we would have never heard of him. My question is why and what this really have to do with bitcoin?

CEO Craig Steven Wright said Denariuz Bank would begin accepting deposits in the second half of 2014 and would eventually offer Bitcoin-based equivalents of conventional savings accounts, term deposits, credit and debit cards, and loans.

Wright said Denariuz would launch with a global pool of more than 100,000 Bitcoin ($A73.6 million) from its backers.

Eventually, the bank hopes to have a million customers globally.

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/aussie-technologists-are-opening-the-worlds-first-bitcoin-based-bank-this-year-2014-2

Wow.

Via search for 'Denariuz' on this forum.

Ok. Touché, I should have spoken for myself only. I heard of him only when the article came out. Thanks  Wink
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 08:54:19 AM

Gavin Bitcoin  lookk like Robert DeNiro  in Heat

Robert DeNiro = Satoshi? Gizmodo, that is your job!  Grin Cheesy Grin

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:26:03 AM

^^^ Can George Takei play Darian [Satoshi]?

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:34:38 AM

^^^ Can George Takei play Darian [Satoshi]?

Probably IS Satoshi! (would that not be epic!) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:13:11 AM

let's face it. We will never know who Satoshi really is! He is a smart guy and he knows that they will put him out once that happens...
lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 04:21:42 AM

There going to be a bunch of fake satoshis popping up the more popular bitcoin get.
TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:25:58 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2015, 01:12:39 PM by TPTB_need_war

He's discussion at the All Star Panel, was very odd, and not in any way lucid or clear. Here is /u/nullc take on a transcript I made. https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3w027x/dr_craig_steven_wright_alleged_satoshi_by_wired/cxsfy8p

user /u/jarederaj points out a book Wright wrote full of grammatical errors, nothing related to cryptocurrency, digital cash https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3vzgnd/bitcoins_creator_satoshi_nakamoto_is_probably/cxsfeon

jarederaj, nullc (Gregory Maxwell), and Szabo fail to understand Turing-completeness. Craig Wright apparently does.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282144.msg13239629#msg13239629

Before you downvote, make sure you read my entire thread about Determinism and unbounded entropy. Because you are wrong. Period.

Preventing Turing-completeness is damn hard to accomplish. Idiots think they have.

Craig Wright may or may not be a fraud. I do not have an opinion on that aspect. I am just referring to the allegation about who is correct about Turing-completeness.

Edit: Although I think my explanation on my thread is more insightful on why, I found this which explains that it is very difficult to not have Turing-completeness:

http://www.gwern.net/Turing-complete

TPTB_need_war

Activity: 420
Merit: 262

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:52:46 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2015, 09:08:56 AM by TPTB_need_war

and was already proven that he is a impostor by maxwell

You do not comprehend what the word proof means, at least not in a mathematical sense.

Circumstantial evidence is not an irrefutable proof. Period. And I will soon offer a theory positing a possible refutation to Maxwell and Theymos's circumstantial evidence.

Even going one step below the veracity of a proof, we have for example in a USA criminal court (don't know about all jurisdictions) that circumstantial evidence is not always evidence-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt. In civil court (less stringent since a challenge to personal liberty via incarceration is not at-stake) the test for victory (veracity) is afaik preponderance of the evidence.

We haven't even completed the discovery phase of evidence yet...

spartacusrex

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:08:42 AM

LOL

I was just thinking how 'ironic' it would be if Craig was actually Satoshi, and he could see what everyone thinks..

I'm not saying he is or isn't Satoshi.

I can see a series of events take place that would lead to this situation with him in either scenario.

And also, I see no correlation between computer / crypto / genius coder types and some moral/ethical higher code. And certainly not any ability to run a company.. Quite the opposite in fact..

Maybe Satoshi is a bad ass. Raising Hell in his wake.

( Hell in a good way )

That would be cool.

Life is Code.
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:17:30 AM

basically the the Mafia has shown up looking there share, pay up our your going to jail.   Undecided
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:06:58 PM

and was already proven that he is a impostor by maxwell

You do not comprehend what the word proof means, at least not in a mathematical sense.

Circumstantial evidence is not an irrefutable proof. Period. And I will soon offer a theory positing a possible refutation to Maxwell and Theymos's circumstantial evidence.

Even going one step below the veracity of a proof, we have for example in a USA criminal court (don't know about all jurisdictions) that circumstantial evidence is not always evidence-beyond-a-reasonable-doubt. In civil court (less stringent since a challenge to personal liberty via incarceration is not at-stake) the test for victory (veracity) is afaik preponderance of the evidence.

We haven't even completed the discovery phase of evidence yet...

at this point nothing can be a guarantee that is his satoshi, not even signing, no one know if the wallet of satoshi still belong to him

so why i should trust this guy or anyone else, we can simply accept that satoshi will not be discovered ever and move on, it would not matter at this point

besides all this, he does not look like someone who could have write all those technical posts here, not even near it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: