Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:33:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Setting up Bitcoin Qt and opening port 8333  (Read 6760 times)
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 07:09:34 PM

I have followed the instruction above to the letter, and still only 8 connections.  not sure what else i can try.  
Check if it is reachable. Go to the https://bitnodes.21.co and scroll down to check node. It will automatically full in your public IP address. If your node is reachable, then it will say so and all you can do is wait and hope people connect to you. If it is unreachable (shouldn't be) then you have done something wrong.

You can also give us your IP address and we can try to connect our nodes to yours. If it works then you've done everything correctly and just need to wait for other people to connect to you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
calkob (OP)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:53:19 PM

I have followed the instruction above to the letter, and still only 8 connections.  not sure what else i can try.  
Check if it is reachable. Go to the https://bitnodes.21.co and scroll down to check node. It will automatically full in your public IP address. If your node is reachable, then it will say so and all you can do is wait and hope people connect to you. If it is unreachable (shouldn't be) then you have done something wrong.

You can also give us your IP address and we can try to connect our nodes to yours. If it works then you've done everything correctly and just need to wait for other people to connect to you.

I Have checked it out on bitnodes and it is saying that it is unreachable.  i checked the ipconfig and put the ip addresses over, i've set up a rule to port forward 8333.  ive checked my firewall and everything there seems in order, obviously im missing something..... Huh

achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 09:26:35 PM

I Have checked it out on bitnodes and it is saying that it is unreachable.  i checked the ipconfig and put the ip addresses over, i've set up a rule to port forward 8333.  ive checked my firewall and everything there seems in order, obviously im missing something..... Huh
What is your node's ip address? You can PM me it if you don't want it publicly shared. I will try to connect to it with my node.

calkob (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:16:15 PM

What is your node's ip address? You can PM me it if you don't want it publicly shared. I will try to connect to it with my node.

Cheers knightdk  i just sent you it, my node is only showing 8 outbound connections.  i think i'll phone my service provider tomorrw and make sure it not something to do with the router.  thanks for your help
achow101
Legendary

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 10:24:55 PM

Cheers knightdk  i just sent you it, my node is only showing 8 outbound connections.  i think i'll phone my service provider tomorrw and make sure it not something to do with the router.  thanks for your help
Yeah, I can't even ping you, so something must be blocking you. It might be your ISP is blocking any connection that wasn't initiated by you.

calkob (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:28:20 PM

Grin  Finally running a node.  Thanks to all who helped information was great.  turns out McAfee was blocking the port all along.  so had to make an exception on the McAfee software.  Sometimes the simple things we over look.   Wink
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2015, 04:44:39 PM

Congrats on getting it solved Smiley

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
calkob (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 09:15:38 PM

Congrats on getting it solved Smiley

Thanks  Grin  23 active connections and counting
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: