Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:54:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bitcoin reward halving will affect ALT coins how?  (Read 2302 times)
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 08:08:09 AM

Now TRC difficulty has hit 3589.4.  I knew that was going to happen when all you big BTC gpu hogs jumped on this little coin...   Shocked

The Retarded Coin  Cheesy

lol oh you....  Grin

hehe so if trc takes off will it have to be renamed NTRC = not the retarded coin?

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 02:02:09 PM

I want the following coins to succeed

BTC
LTC
PPC
TRC

That is all  Cheesy

Other coins

DEV
IO

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
Icoin

Activity: 585
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:13:01 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2012, 11:01:03 AM by Icoin

Please consider to p2pool merged mine sha256 based https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=62842.0.

NMC
DVC
IXC
I0C
SC
PPC
LTC
GPC
CCC
TRC

What ever chain(s) it will be, that dosent mather Smiley

dancupid

Activity: 955
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:40:48 PM

My opinion:

The BEST thing to EVER happen for ALT coins is... the Bitcoin reward halving.

1. The Bitcoin reward just got halved, making it unprofitable for most miners using GPUs.
2. Most former BTC GPU miners will be looking for a way to keep mining.
3. Most will find an ALT coin they like and start mining that.
4. This will introduce a lot more volume and users into the ALT coin economy.
5. More stores will start supporting ALT coins because there are more people that use them.
6. I expect one or two alt coins to really take off in 2013 with this extra boost, similar to Bitcoin, with many improvements across the table (miners/protocol/usability/exchange rate).
7. Expect the need for sub-forums in Alternate Cryptocurrency forum soon!

EDIT: Changed the name of thread Smiley

If loads of miners jump into mining alt coins won't that make it equally unprofitable, as the difficulty rapidly increases and the price stays the same? The price is unlikely to follow the new difficulty. The number of coins will be the same.
There will be no new volume, just more people desperate to sell their fewer mined coins. Who will buy them? People with bitcoins?
Why would someone sell bitcoins for an alt coin when the inflation rate has just halved compared with the rapidly inflating alt coin?
The current owners of bitcoins own over half of all possible bitcoins - why sell them for a tiny stake in something that almost certainly will fail (most of these alt coins will fail - maybe one can have some success - but the space of possible alt coins is infinite, and each new alt coin muddies the waters even more)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: