Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:56:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FOUND!!! Hunt the Genesis Rock to earn a free Bitcoin. FOUND!!!  (Read 1932 times)
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 01:37:05 AM

Not to spoil this contest, but there is software for this type of problem;

"Pattern matching" shifts the pattern image one pixel at a time over the master image and search for a difference =0. If the pattern is in another scale than in the master image, rotated, colour tone or there are different compression artefacts in one of the images, the task is harder, but close matches are still a big help.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 01:53:05 AM

PMing you my entry.

Sorry, but wrong rock. Please feel free to submit your image on this thread so that others can confirm or deny what I've stated.

Not to spoil this contest, but there is software for this type of problem;

"Pattern matching" shifts the pattern image one pixel at a time over the master image and search for a difference =0. If the pattern is in another scale than in the master image, rotated, colour tone or there are different compression artefacts in one of the images, the task is harder, but close matches are still a big help.

NO FUCKIN' WAY! You got to be kidding me. The image I presented has not be re-sized or blurred, so I guess such a program may work. This is why I can't have anything nice.  Grin
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 01:58:00 AM

PMing you entry numbah 2.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
ildubbioso

Activity: 389

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 02:42:15 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2012, 02:55:22 AM by ildubbioso

I think i found that  Grin

Rotated:

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 03:14:18 AM

Wow!  I think you're right.  Bummer.  I was really hoping I'd find it first.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 04:47:22 PM

Rotated:

Genesis Rock FOUND!

I don't make a habit of posting my private PMs, but in this case I feel I need to make an exception. (unedited and nothing personal included)

I'm giving up after this. I must have spent like 2 hours >.<

Since you said the picture you gave was rotated 180 degrees, I rotated my entry 180 degrees.

http://imgur.com/6FM94

Therefore, ildubbioso, it looks like DiamondCardz found the rock first. He/she did send me two prior submissions via PM and one follow-up PM as to where to send the Bitcoin, of which I've yet to do.

Providing the information I supplied above, would you be so kind as to relinquish your claim or formally request of theymos to check my PM logs to verify? I've never deleted a single PM sent or receive, and have no problem with theymos reviewing them, hoping he never publishes the private conversations of Matthew and I practicing our dirty talk.

To all others who participated, thanks. Hope you enjoyed the challenge. I wish I could do this again, but I would need to make sure the contest is fair in light of there being a program available to hunt it. I'm not accusing anybody if such a program was used, nor care, so please don't even consider that I'm concern about it. The contest was fair, albeit I'm looking to who among my staff rotated the rock.  Roll Eyes

~Bruno K~
ildubbioso

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 08:09:07 PM

Since you said the picture you gave was rotated 180 degrees, I rotated my entry 180 degrees.

Therefore, ildubbioso, it looks like DiamondCardz found the rock first. He/she did send me two prior submissions via PM.

I do not understand, if he is first why his entry is later than mine? He sent a previous one? And why did you posted the second one?

I suppose you are right but why didn't you post the date of the first entry?  Smiley
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 08:39:06 PM

Wait...I won? YAY Cheesy

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 05:08:03 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2012, 05:24:09 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Therefore, ildubbioso, it looks like DiamondCardz found the rock first. He/she did send me two prior submissions via PM.

I do not understand, if he is first why his entry is later than mine? He sent a previous one? And why did you posted the second one?

I suppose you are right but why didn't you post the date of the first entry?  Smiley

I'm taking the liberty of posting all of DiamondCardz's PM's to me and theymos can verify that they are true and unedited. The last thing I want is for ildubbioso to be upset with me.

My entry to the Genesis Rock competition

Entry Number 2...

Entry Number 3; last one

Incase I do win (probably won't but)
Incase I do win, can you send the BTC to (for private reasons, I did redact the Bitcoin address that DiamondCardz had here) ? Thanks.

Did I win?
Did I really win?  Shocked

If I did, can you send the BTC please? Thanks Smiley

My apologies to DiamondCardz for submitting your PMs to me, but in light of this minor misunderstanding I hope your understand. I have determined that DiamondCardz is the winner and he will be paid the Bitcoin I owe him regardless of any other outcome. I have yet to send DC the coin, but he will get it. I am PM'ing theymos to have him look at this post, to offer up his honest assessment. Regardless of what theymos rules, DC will still get paid. If I'm proven in error, than ildubbioso will also be awarded.

If ildubbioso is proven to be the loser, than I will submit a special contest for only he to entry with the winning prize being 2 BTC.

Thank you, both, for participating and understanding. This will be resolved in a satisfactory manner.

~Bruno K~
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 05:21:06 AM

I just sent theymos the following PM:

Special Request (please help--minor issue)
theymos

You know I have never bother you in the past with the exceptions of inquiring about my vacations  Grin, but I do (edited for this post in this thread--I meant can) can you look at the following post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128225.msg1372510#msg1372510

If was for a 1 Bitcoin contest I ran in Newbie and there has been a winner, but the guy in second place may have concerns. Would you be so kind as to view my PM's related this contest and verify that what I have posted is accurate? Also, would you please submit who you think the winner is?

Thank you kindly for your help with this minor, yet important, issue.

Your biggest fan,  Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Angry Sad Shocked Cool Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Embarrassed Lips sealed Undecided Kiss Cry (couldn't decide which smiley to use, so I used them all)

Bruno

I just realized that I hoped theymos would put his reply in this thread oppose to, or in conjunction with, replying via a PM.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 08:00:04 AM

It's fine if you make the PM's public, I don't really mind Smiley

ildubbioso

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 11:30:48 AM

Ok I believe you, I don't need theymos.

I'll win the next one  Cheesy
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 12:38:34 PM

Ok I believe you, I don't need theymos.

I'll win the next one  Cheesy
Well, you have to, or no-one else will....do it for the good of Bitcoin! And your wallet! lol

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 09:16:16 PM

Stopping this thread from going to 2nd page. Case is still being resolved I think, yet to recieve anything Wink

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2012, 04:58:36 PM

Bump. Any updates? :/

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 05:30:38 AM

I'm ready to resolve this now. I have 2.9090909 BTC residing in this wallet: 1EWRJ5BeibZxMguujPLzqM8WWiHpFJtLLx

I just funded it because I didn't want to take funds out of an investment wallet.

I'm splitting it up equally between DiamondCardz, because he had to wait, and ildubbioso for coming in second, deciding not to have a second contest just for him, even though I promised a 2 BTC if he could find another rock I would have submitted an image of. I would have done some creative editing to make it very difficult for him to find, thus wasting too much of his time. I feel it best to end this contest this way, hoping to satisfy all concerns. I hope I accomplished that.

I have DC's address and will be PM'ing Ildubbioso for his.

Thanks, all, for playing. Possibly, we'll do this again.

~Bruno K~
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 07:12:45 AM

I'm ready to resolve this now. I have 2.9090909 BTC residing in this wallet: 1EWRJ5BeibZxMguujPLzqM8WWiHpFJtLLx

I just funded it because I didn't want to take funds out of an investment wallet.

I'm splitting it up equally between DiamondCardz, because he had to wait, and ildubbioso for coming in second, deciding not to have a second contest just for him, even though I promised a 2 BTC if he could find another rock I would have submitted an image of. I would have done some creative editing to make it very difficult for him to find, thus wasting too much of his time. I feel it best to end this contest this way, hoping to satisfy all concerns. I hope I accomplished that.

~Bruno K~

Thanks very much! Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 02:45:21 AM

~Bruno K~

Thanks very much! Smiley

You're welcom, DC. ildubbioso has PM'ed me his address and he, too, has been paid. Thanks again, all, for playing.

~Bruno K~
ildubbioso

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:15:20 PM

You're welcom, DC. ildubbioso has PM'ed me his address and he, too, has been paid. Thanks again, all, for playing.

~Bruno K~

Received  Smiley Thanks to you
mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 09:07:48 PM

I found it, its in the first posting. :-)

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: