Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:08:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What the Return of Satoshi (aka Craig Wright) really means?  (Read 2934 times)
Amadues

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:10:38 PM

Good news, pump it !

However we are satoshi lol ....

Yes Cheesy we are all sathosi.

But   
the posting time here on bitcoin forum of "satoshi nakamoto" it's plausible with pacific job office time (japan/AU) (9-17).
Nice Smiley ?

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
'BTC MULTI-WALLET SOON'
▬▬▬▬ Download WHITEPAPER ▬▬▬▬

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

███▀▀
▐▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▐▌
███▄▄
▀▀███
▐▌▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌▌
▄▄███
keepdoing (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:13:15 PM

What your saying makes sense. It is an analogy and they always breakdown eventually. But the work of Satoshi is what it, is no matter who he is. It would not change my use or view of bitcoin.
I guess we are all going to find out?
Thank you, and I agree also...  the work of Satoshi is what it is, or perhaps a better statement is.... it is what it was, since it has basically been "given freely" and has now morphed in an evolutionary way by the hands of others (recently bickering others).  Some of the debate has been healthy, some not so much.  

The Bitcoin Community is an amazing conglomeration of Techies, Investors, Financiers, Businessmen.  All pulling and tugging and manipulating for the path most favorable to themselves.  But behind all that is the tech, the code, the security.  That is the crux of it.

If Craig/Satoshi is real, and what he has stated to be taken at face value, then it looks like the man with the technological answers has indeed returned, and it bodes well for bitcoin in my opinion.
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:12:39 PM

Why is this guy so obsessed with the idea of Craig Wright being satoshi? what do you gain out of it? it seems like you like the idea of Craig being satoshi when it has been proved a lot of the stuff doesn't add up.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:21:38 AM

Why is this guy so obsessed with the idea of Craig Wright being satoshi? what do you gain out of it? it seems like you like the idea of Craig being satoshi when it has been proved a lot of the stuff doesn't add up.
Actually it hasn't.  You've basically got Maxwell's theory to take one purported piece of evidence out of loads of evidence, and you've proved it is possible that on that one specific tiny piece of evidence, you might be right.

All I hear is "against all evidence",  "the evidence shows", "the evidence is overwhelming" blah blah blah.

An Entire Community, and not a single soul can create a single, concise, detailed, numbered list that outlines hte evidence one by one.  LOL - bunch of scared rabbits if you ask me.  Here's why (numbered and specific - try it sometime)

1) Those of you promoting centralized integration into the banks don't like the fact Craig/Satoshi has stated opposition to private bank block chains.   So he can't be Craig/Satoshi because it screws you.

2) Miners are scared by thoughts of a #15 Supercomputer with another on the way being in the hands of such a potentially powerful and unknown entity.  So they are scared of being screwed.

3) The Happiness/Freedom/Rainbows and Unicorn crowd of Idealistic Dreamers went into apoplectic shock at the thought of Craig/Satoshi wanting to Start a Bank.  God Forbid, poor little minds went into shock at the thought of Craig/Satoshi, so it CANNOT be true.

And there is not a single list of solid evidence to disprove Craig/Satoshi.

Personally I don't know if it is him or not, but it is fun to watch you all get hysterical at the thought it might be.  I do HOPE it is him, because Bitcoin obviously needs saving from this merry band of divided, selfish, little girls.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:50:02 AM

What does believing the "evidence" of craig wright being satoshi nakamoto or not have to do with being for or against the centralization of bitcoin? you are talking nonsense, i dont think anyone here is pro private bank blockchains.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:44:14 AM

100% reserve ratio banking might not be that attractive, even a 40% reserve ratio of gold works very stable after world war II. People gain nothing from a full reserve ratio, but if those savings are bitcoin then it helps to improve the value of bitcoin

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:06:23 PM

Well the Satoshi Email Denial has now proved.... basically nothing.   Wink  Of course Theymos has issued a qualified "It's a Spoof", which means we still have no idea whether it is real or not, and Maxwell has issued a pretty definitive "Probably" that Craig does not = Satoshi, and so that pretty much means zippo also.

For me I think this is hilarious.  Craig/Satoshi gets his name out.  Raises the specter he is Craig/Satoshi.  Raises enough doubt he isn't Craig/Satoshi.  And issues an email questionable enough to be either believed or not - and yet that gets his message across clearly, which is "Leave Me The F#ck Alone and start thinking like we are ALL Satoshi".  Man is absolutely brilliant.  Gotta admit - this is very worthy of the Beloved Illusion of Satoshi.   LOL

So anyway.... Craig/Satoshi gets his wish, which to be known as Craig/Satoshi.

Which still leaves us with the subject of this Post, that being that Craig/Satoshi has a Supercomputer that is churning out Scalability Modeling, boatloads of Bitcoin, and claims he will be releasing new Bitcoin Advancement Papers soon, including how to architecture Turing functionality.

So, again.... what's this mean for Bitcoin?

Peace,
- david

Ps.... all hail Craig/Satoshi the man about to upend the cart (for some!) Smiley
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:18:16 PM

The part I find weird is the raid on his house. Even if it is Satoshi, Why the raid? I think I read the cops saying it was unrelated to bitcoin. But the timing sure suggests otherwise. I can sure see why Satoshi would not want all this attention. It must suck to be famous.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:28:51 PM

The part I find weird is the raid on his house. Even if it is Satoshi, Why the raid? I think I read the cops saying it was unrelated to bitcoin. But the timing sure suggests otherwise. I can sure see why Satoshi would not want all this attention. It must suck to be famous.
I think the thing that scares me the most about the human race, is the fact that we can repeatedly look into the rear view mirror of history regarding the lying BS of our Governments, and in situations such as this even ask the question, "Is it true that the raid was totally unrelated coincidence?" with a straight face.   We never seem to learn.

And yes, I do feel for Craig/Satoshi.  also Snowden.  And me.  Don't forget me. Smiley  Only not quite time for me yet.

Seriously, until you have sat in the figurative Garden of Gethsemane, you just can't imagine the despair of realizing how utterly foolish to even begin to hope or trust in the mercy or fairness of human civilization is.

But I do have a feeling that Craig/Satoshi will land on his feet.  But he's in control of something much bigger than Bitcoin.  He has knowledge yet to be shared.  ATO might be concerned with tax money, but I assure you there is a much larger shadow out there that wants something much more important.

May the Force be with you Craig/Satoshi.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:41:07 PM

Richy Rich has a supercomputer. Big woop.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:59:15 PM

Yeah.  I get ya.  The whole issue of a guy with the world's 15th largest Supercomputer on the planet, and very knowledgeable in bitcoin, and running Scalability Models for the past years - and all without the general bitcoin community's knowledge - and getting ready to release some papers based on those findings is indeed way over rated.  What was I thinking of?

Sheeesh - Dedicated Bitcoin Scalability Modeling Supercomputers - who needs em!
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:06:29 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 10:50:09 PM by BlindMayorBitcorn

Yeah.  I get ya.  The whole issue of a guy with the world's 15th largest Supercomputer on the planet, and very knowledgeable in bitcoin, and running Scalability Models for the past years - and all without the general bitcoin community's knowledge - and getting ready to release some papers based on those findings is indeed way over rated.  What was I thinking of?

According to this it's the 17th largest. Still, big woop.

We all have hobbies. Roll Eyes

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:09:59 PM

At first I thought it was pretty legit, now it's obvious it could be anything, so in short, we are back to square one. It "could be this or that guy.. or maybe not." It solves nothing without conclusive proof, it's a waste of time. Still fun to speculate tho.

About this guy's super computer.. his super computer isn't that effective at mining Bitcoin, it's pretty shit actually.
keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:10:22 PM

Yeah.  I get ya.  The whole issue of a guy with the world's 15th largest Supercomputer on the planet, and very knowledgeable in bitcoin, and running Scalability Models for the past years - and all without the general bitcoin community's knowledge - and getting ready to release some papers based on those findings is indeed way over rated.  What was I thinking of?

According to this it's the 17th largest. Still, big woop.

We all have hobbies. Roll Eyes
OK, I relent.  I cannot possibly top that fact and the subsequent logic  Grin
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:23:50 PM

Hopefully after all the dramatic handwringing, emotional denials, and conspiracy theorists settle down, people will begin to focus on the most important revelations that came from Craig = Satoshi's comments in the video.

There are a few main points I see as being helpful in clarifying the direction of things regarding bitcoin.

1) Craig/Satoshi basically took a stance against banks running private blockchains.

2) Craig/Satoshi has a Supercomputer and he ain't afraid to use it!  He has been actually - running Bitcoin Scalability models on it for the past years. 

3) Craig/Satoshi talked about the ability to add Turing language capability as a layer in bitcoin functionality (don't know if I got the terminology exactly correct - but the concept of Turing level capability - similar to Ethereum - was promoted, and more info suggested to be forthcoming)

4) Craig/Satoshi's going to be releasing some papers, and it is apparent that he's jumping into the discussion to help guide this process along.  And if line item 2) is correct, then he should be bringing some pretty hard (and helpful) data from his years of model crunching.

5) Craig/Satoshi plans on being involved in the "reconstruction" of the global banking system, by establishing a more fair and unmanipulative banking model.  a 1 => 1 loan/reserves ratio based model.  If you aint got it - you don't lend it.  No "creating money".  (This came from research/previous statements - not the video)

6) Craig/Satoshi has further plans for "using his power for good" such as the INTEGYRZ Global Education Project. (This came from research on his company - not video)

So, I know that the Craig = Satoshi position creates the desire by some to freak out.  But putting that aside, and assuming that anyone emerged under the existing and above scenario (lets just PRETEND Craig = Satoshi) - what might it mean for the direction of bitcoin?  Any Comments?  Or is the bee's nest still buzzing too angrily to begin intelligent discussion?

I recall when they used to let me out for the holidays if I promised to return by the set upon date and time. I miss that place, but I'm almost much better now.
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:52:25 PM

This is a pretty good read.

I didn't check the headers, so I didn't notice this. That is very convincing that it is not Satoshi. But how can that domain name be spoofed? Does the sender set that name or is it done by the receiving server?

Here's apparently the person who sent it, explaining how he did it.

In SMTP (the email protocol), you start your connection by saying who you are via a command like HELO bitcointalk.org ("hello, I'm bitcointalk.org"). Most servers will then check that the IP address you're connecting from actually matches the hostname you give, and if not will immediately drop the connection. But the mailing list's server is apparently really stupid, and just blindly believes that any given hostname is actually accurate. So you could tell it HELO whitehouse.gov and the server will believe that you're whitehouse.gov. Or whatever.

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:24:26 AM

This is a pretty good read.

I didn't check the headers, so I didn't notice this. That is very convincing that it is not Satoshi. But how can that domain name be spoofed? Does the sender set that name or is it done by the receiving server?

Here's apparently the person who sent it, explaining how he did it.

In SMTP (the email protocol), you start your connection by saying who you are via a command like HELO bitcointalk.org ("hello, I'm bitcointalk.org"). Most servers will then check that the IP address you're connecting from actually matches the hostname you give, and if not will immediately drop the connection. But the mailing list's server is apparently really stupid, and just blindly believes that any given hostname is actually accurate. So you could tell it HELO whitehouse.gov and the server will believe that you're whitehouse.gov. Or whatever.
Well, yes.  But what does it prove? 

Does it prove it ws a total hoax email by an unknown 3rd party (not Satoshi and not Craig)? 
NO - it does not.

Does it prove that Satoshi wrote it?
NO - it does not.

Does it prove Craig wrote it?
NO - it does not.

Does it prove that Craig wrote it, intentionally as a fake, knowing it was a fake, knowing it would be spotted as a fake, hoping people would then stop looking at him?
NO - it does not.

Does it prove that Satoshi wrote it, intentionally as a fake, knowing it was a fake, knoing it would be spotted as a fake, hoping people would then stop looking period?
NO - it does not.

Does it prove Craig = Satoshi?
NO - it does not.

Does it prove Craig does Not = Satoshi?
NO - it does not.

What have we proved?
Nothing.

Whew!  This is a smart group!  And they use their time so wisely!
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:33:18 AM

If he claims it's him, the burden of proof is on him. If you claim it's him, the burden is on your shoulders, sir.

Sarcasm isn't funny. Try to be more funny.

vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:42:28 AM

Hopefully after all the dramatic handwringing, emotional denials, and conspiracy theorists settle down, people will begin to focus on the most important revelations that came from Craig = Satoshi's comments in the video.

There are a few main points I see as being helpful in clarifying the direction of things regarding bitcoin.

1) Craig/Satoshi basically took a stance against banks running private blockchains.

2) Craig/Satoshi has a Supercomputer and he ain't afraid to use it!  He has been actually - running Bitcoin Scalability models on it for the past years. 

3) Craig/Satoshi talked about the ability to add Turing language capability as a layer in bitcoin functionality (don't know if I got the terminology exactly correct - but the concept of Turing level capability - similar to Ethereum - was promoted, and more info suggested to be forthcoming)

4) Craig/Satoshi's going to be releasing some papers, and it is apparent that he's jumping into the discussion to help guide this process along.  And if line item 2) is correct, then he should be bringing some pretty hard (and helpful) data from his years of model crunching.

5) Craig/Satoshi plans on being involved in the "reconstruction" of the global banking system, by establishing a more fair and unmanipulative banking model.  a 1 => 1 loan/reserves ratio based model.  If you aint got it - you don't lend it.  No "creating money".  (This came from research/previous statements - not the video)

6) Craig/Satoshi has further plans for "using his power for good" such as the INTEGYRZ Global Education Project. (This came from research on his company - not video)

So, I know that the Craig = Satoshi position creates the desire by some to freak out.  But putting that aside, and assuming that anyone emerged under the existing and above scenario (lets just PRETEND Craig = Satoshi) - what might it mean for the direction of bitcoin?  Any Comments?  Or is the bee's nest still buzzing too angrily to begin intelligent discussion?

I think that if all this is true, we are living a historical moment, in which the monetary system will radically change and all those who rule the world today would see it's power cracking as people would take control over the economy (and not financial giants as it is today).

All this is so revolutionary that it's really hard to believe. Really too good to be true. But what a wonder if it's true!

Let's wait the papers and the next statements from the guy. And keep our fingers crossed Smiley

keepdoing (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:48:49 AM

I think that if all this is true, we are living a historical moment, in which the monetary system will radically change and all those who rule the world today would see it's power cracking as people would take control over the economy (and not financial giants as it is today).

All this is so revolutionary that it's really hard to believe. Really too good to be true. But what a wonder if it's true!

Let's wait the papers and the next statements from the guy. And keep our fingers crossed Smiley

:::awestruck::: the simple brilliance and simplicity that could only come from the childlike wisdom of another Jr. Member.

My work is done.  I have sought for, and found intelligence.   

Peace,
- david
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: