Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:05:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets?  (Read 51654 times)
zodin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 06:48:56 PM

to me as people have a lot of bitcoin they do not like to keep them in one wallet as there is always a chance of hacking the key therefore they use multi wallet instead of one wallet.
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:09:50 PM

to me as people have a lot of bitcoin they do not like to keep them in one wallet as there is always a chance of hacking the key therefore they use multi wallet instead of one wallet.
i agree with you and i think its good idea if someone try to hack bitcoin so they can not hack all bitcoin from one account and i think its so good idea to divide your all bitcoin on multiple account and i also prefer that its really good way to save your bitcoin from hackers.
DomainMagnate

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 10:23:42 PM

I think it's a good idea to use more than one bitcoin wallets.I use  2 wallet for security purposes. many people get hacked.
If one wallet website get hacked, you have another wallet as an backup.

It would be much better and safer if you use offline wallet.If you have lots of bitcoin,never ever keep them in online wallet.Just keep them safely in cold storage
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:43:57 PM

to me people are using so many bitcoin wallets as they really want to make safe their bitcoin, as people have very good amount of bitcoin so they want their money to remain safe therefore they use different wallets.
Yeah that is right it is much important to use different wallets in order to give security to our hard earned money I also have a number of wallets but still on some wallets which have multi address system I use different addresses to do transactions so that no one feel it worthy to hack it.
BitcoinExpart

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 11:09:01 PM

Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
Because in oorder to security purpose to safe his hard earned money .However, I'm also using using two wallet right now-one in my PC and another one on mobile.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
▄████▀▀            ▀▀████▄
▄███▀                    ▀███▄
███▀       █████            ▀███
███         █████              ███
███        ▄▄█████    ▄█████▀    ███
██        ▄███████  ▄█████▀       ██
███       ▄████████▄█████▀         ███
███       ▀▀▀▀██████████           ███
███      ▄▄▄▄▄███████████          ███
███     ▄███████████▀█████         ███
██    ▄███████████▀  █████        ██
███   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████    █████      ███
███         █████     █████    ███
███▄                        ▄███
▀███▄                    ▄███▀
▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
KRYLL
                ███
                ███
                ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
        ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
AUTOMATED CRYPTO TRADING STRATEGIES MADE SIMPLE
▁▁         Whitepaper   █   Token sale will start on Feb 7, 2018   █   Announcement         ▁▁

███
███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
███  ███  ███
croutonhexagon

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:14:12 AM

Just like rich people have many accounts in different different banks here also the same rule follows. Rich people have much more bitcoin and they can't afford to keep all their money in a single account because rich people are always target of thieves and hackers so to protect themself they segregate their money in many wallets.
klopcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:27:18 AM

they usually use it in order to get some privacy, i think it is the best way to do that
You should make use of multiple bitcoin wallets because then you know tat if you lose one that it is not ever for you because you still have bitcoin left.
Always make use of multiple wallets because you will regret it if you lose it all.
The arguments are correct, just do not believe in their functionality.
Yes I am agree, also I think use multiple wallet is for security too. It is make you not loose all of youre money if someone hack your wallet account. Also we can compare which wallet is the best to use. That is my oppinion.
airezx20

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 05:40:49 AM

I think it's a good idea to use more than one bitcoin wallets.I use  2 wallet for security purposes. many people get hacked.

Yes its mainly because of security and i use two wallets as well.One is block.io and one is blockchain.info wallet and distribute my bitcoins equally amongst both two wallets.Even i dont have much bitcoins,but its important for those who are carrying a bigger amount of bitcoins.
Aamir1

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 08:56:04 AM

Of course for security purposes one should not store all his bitcoin in a single wallet most especially if the wallet is an online type because it can be hacked at at any time. it is advisabe to split it so that whatever that comes up you are rest assured to be safer always. Compared to web wallets, desktop/hardware/paper wallets very much safer, having all of them will give extra protection significantly.

A lot of people actually stores all their coins in one wallet, if that wallet is a hardware or paper wallet then that can be quite safe but as you mentioned if that wallet is an online wallet then it is really not a good decision to put all your eggs in one basket, if the basket is stolen all your eggs are gone Grin better to keep them in different places to save most of them.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2016, 01:26:35 PM

It is to prevent losing your bitcoin in an instant. As there was a saying that don't put all your eggs in one basket. We can't say that bitcoin wallet is really safe. Or if we have some big amounts of bitcoin we should be divide it to many wallets.
Bawah Perut

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 02:03:10 PM

Because some people like to keep things separate, for instance, a seprate wallet to save bitcoin, one to use on a daily  basis, one to gamble. These are just examples as to why some people prefer to use multiple wallets.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 04:33:16 PM

Because some people like to keep things separate, for instance, a seprate wallet to save bitcoin, one to use on a daily  basis, one to gamble. These are just examples as to why some people prefer to use multiple wallets.
I think they can just do this by using multiple bitcoin address as wallets are not traceable and only which shown in transactions are bitcoin addresses.
Most use multiple wallet to either try different wallets or to diversify the risk of losing all when wallets go offline.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
requester

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 04:38:59 PM

in my view user of multiple wallet thinks that storing bitcoin is separate wallet will make it secure and but i have pony few bitcoin that if i segregate then erdlyach of my wallet will have hardly 1$ sop I am happy will my one wallet.
drakker

Activity: 303

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 04:45:14 PM

People use many wallets in order to them to be anonimous to others. If you are using one address they can trace you. But if you are using different addresses in each transaction you will be anonimous to others no matter what they do. Other use it for security purposes or maybe to prevent detecting that the bitcoins that they have is from a gambling.
chixka000

Activity: 910

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 04:50:51 PM

It all depends on different taste of different user. Some might want yup use bitcoin daily some might want to store in cold storage so for various purposes we have various options.
True and aside from that the geographical locations also take high percentage for users who decide on what bitcoin wallet are they going to you. The better service in their place would be used of course than those lesser service for their place

From what I have heard you need to make a new address with every transaction. Something I am not doing but a lot of people are. If you are in need of many addresses having multiple wallets is a must. I use webwallets but also the bitcoin client for example.

As stated i also do like to add that one of the reason why do people do it is for security purpose. Especially for those web wallets which is really prone to hacking. So if you want not to lose all your amount people puts it in one wallet.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 04:53:44 PM

People use many wallets in order to them to be anonimous to others. If you are using one address they can trace you. But if you are using different addresses in each transaction you will be anonimous to others no matter what they do. Other use it for security purposes or maybe to prevent detecting that the bitcoins that they have is from a gambling.

Even if someone has one wallet no one would be able to know if the coins coming in that address are coming from a gambling site or somewhere else, but still people use different wallets in order to keep those amounts safe in a way because there is no guarantee of wallets being safe always.
jonpande

Activity: 323

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 07:03:44 PM

Almost everyone who uses many bitcoin, the main thing people use a different wallet mainly for security reasons, some use it for the safety of their transactions so that they do not get hacked wallet.
Munna98

Activity: 48

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 07:19:32 PM

I think people want to keep their money in different wallets because they don't wan't risk. they keep their money in many wallets so that they don't want their only wallet get hacked!!
sonnyacg

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 04:01:48 AM

I think it depends a lot of people want bitcoin wallet. because its creation is free, allows people who want to have a lot of bitcoin wallets to make. maybe most people make many bitcoin only for gathering bitcoin wallet with multiple accounts.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 TX Dice ↑↓ Double Dice ↑↓ Bitcoin Binary Options   ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~1440 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward x49 ↑↓ forex ↑↓ Dice of Transaction id ↑↓ 1% edge double dice]
canah17

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 29, 2016, 04:36:12 AM

Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.

because we all have that one guy who has many accounts in them but still they have many wallets or they don't like the former wallet they will register the security of the wallets they don't have proper registration only email maybe they will get scammed my friend got scammed when he applied to another wallet so that they will have proper registration and proper details so that when you try to withdraw your money in the real world/ the bank they will easily get it because they have already registered to a proper wallet then again if have many accounts and earn money for that they have many wallets
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: