Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets?  (Read 51657 times)
DuckKeeper

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 01:37:10 PM

People are using more bitcoin wallets at the same time because do you have all your money on one bank account i dont think so and that is the reason
why people have more wallets than justone.
Cozynunu

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 01:41:30 PM

There are different options depending on your situation:

Core: if you have the bandwidth and storage capacity to run it. You also support the network by running a node.
Ligthweigth: You don't run the full blockchain, but a "central" chain is used to save bandwidth and storage on your pc. Good if you have a low capacity machine/internet or just don't use bitcoin too often.

Than there are also different types of lightweights, all with their different options and security impelmentations.
People are using bitcoins becuase they are happy to make or money with the bitcoin or other things with the bitcoin and i dont know why they
are just holding them butthere must be a reason for.
Cozynunu

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 02:52:00 PM

People are using so many wallets becuase they dont want to use just one where all their coins are on you know and that is why they are using more
wallets than before
x4

Activity: 1106
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 03:08:44 PM

~snip~
People are using bitcoins becuase they are happy to make or money with the bitcoin or other things with the bitcoin and i dont know why they
I can't understand what are you talking about all I know is your reply is not related to the OP's post and to the post you quoted.

People use different bitcoin wallet simply because of security purposes.
Klima

Activity: 240

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:38:26 PM

~snip~
I can't understand what are you talking about all I know is your reply is not related to the OP's post and to the post you quoted.

Now users will do anything to protect themselves from danger and other troubles. And the first thing is a few purses for bitcoin storage and separately for financial transactions
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 04:52:29 PM

~snip~

That's right multiple wallets will minimize the risks as if your one wallet gets hacked then also your coins will be safe in other wallets so its always good to have multiple wallets instead of having only one.
Orion25

Activity: 239

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 05:16:27 PM

~snip~

Now users will do anything to protect themselves from danger and other troubles. And the first thing is a few purses for bitcoin storage and separately for financial transactions
If someone wanted to have to hack someone's purse, then it will happen sooner or later. Do not you break his head, however the purse is better to have on the computer desk, it is safer.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:02:50 PM

~snip~

Another reason is to try to obfuscate your activity online, for example if someone knows that an address belongs to you then that person can track where did you spend your coins, by having different wallets you can hide some of your shopping activities online to people that know you.
jonpande

Activity: 323

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 06:18:54 PM

I think it's a good idea to use more than one bitcoin wallets.I use  2 wallet for security purposes. many people get hacked.
If one wallet website get hacked, you have another wallet as an backup.

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 01:56:13 PM

they usually use it in order to get some privacy, i think it is the best way to do that
You should make use of multiple bitcoin wallets because then you know tat if you lose one that it is not ever for you because you still have bitcoin left.
Always make use of multiple wallets because you will regret it if you lose it all.
betlord90

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:40:25 PM

Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
Here in our country we need to use different bitcoin wallet because the local wallet can not be use in deposit and withdraw directly in gambling site. Because if detect someone do that their wallet will be ban automaticaly even that wallet have funds.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:51:36 PM

Here in our country we need to use different bitcoin wallet because the local wallet can not be use in deposit and withdraw directly in gambling site. Because if detect someone do that their wallet will be ban automaticaly even that wallet have funds.
And why do you have your bitcoins there? Create your own desktop or mobile wallet and ditch them, this is in fact one of the reasons bitcoin was created, so no one could confiscate your money willy-nilly.
ovvidiy

Activity: 238

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:10:17 PM

Number of purses that will not give security to which users expect. I just think if you ask this question, it is possible to completely collect information about the purses. This is not the real idea.
kreskko

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 04:27:06 PM

And why do you have your bitcoins there? Create your own desktop or mobile wallet and ditch them, this is in fact one of the reasons bitcoin was created, so no one could confiscate your money willy-nilly.
Mobile application and even desktop computer should have purses, then the results are guaranteed.
chachaa

Activity: 287

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 05:08:24 PM

they usually use it in order to get some privacy, i think it is the best way to do that
You should make use of multiple bitcoin wallets because then you know tat if you lose one that it is not ever for you because you still have bitcoin left.
Always make use of multiple wallets because you will regret it if you lose it all.
The arguments are correct, just do not believe in their functionality.
virusasog

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 05:17:21 PM

Number of purses that will not give security to which users expect. I just think if you ask this question, it is possible to completely collect information about the purses. This is not the real idea.

Buddy most of the people will not have multiple address for security. they use to have for show anonymous around the people. Its better have electrum desktop wallet to have multiple bitcoin addresses.
MyIdeas

Activity: 734

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 05:43:37 PM

I think it's a good idea to use more than one bitcoin wallets.I use  2 wallet for security purposes. many people get hacked.
If one wallet website get hacked, you have another wallet as an backup.

I am also using a number of wallets some are online wallets and desktop wallet is also with me so I do not have any fear of hackers as if anyone will hack one of my wallet account then my remaining bitcoins will remain safe.
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 05:44:15 PM

to me people are using so many bitcoin wallets as they really want to make safe their bitcoin, as people have very good amount of bitcoin so they want their money to remain safe therefore they use different wallets.
SMSabuj

Activity: 602
Merit: 251

I am a professional Web Designer and Developer

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 06:01:36 PM

Because, they want to increase their income. Smiley
Bitcoinsummoner

Activity: 1372
Merit: 623

Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 06:14:41 PM

Because, they want to increase their income. Smiley
How they are increase their income just to increase and use many wallets? i think it is not their purpose maybe they are using many wallet because its security purposes just like other said here.. they want anonymous their real wallet address.. since even we know the address or publicity of address if you wallet is secured it can not hack by others .. unless if they are made a program that can generate private key for your address.. so i think it can help you to protect your real wallet..

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: