Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:55:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets?  (Read 51655 times)
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:22:19 PM

maybe they made a lot wallet to make a lot of clone accounts as well .. Grin
Maybe right Maybe theres are really something reason why people are using bitcoin multiple wallets because some of bitcoin wallet they don't want there services are receiving bitcoin from any gambling website this is one of the reason and thats the reason why they are creating another bitcoin wallet/

Now that you mention it, you are right. I also did that before. because one of the wallet I have do not accept bitcoin from gambling sites. It work out for the best because now my funds are more secure.

There are lots of reasons to consider from different people  on why they do have  multiple  addresses. As you mentioned  you  use other  web wallets  because there are  really some  local wallets which  is very  strict regarding their rules because  they would block you eventually if they know that you are  earning it on a particular  gambling site .

safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 03:30:52 PM

Maybe right Maybe theres are really something reason why people are using bitcoin multiple wallets because some of bitcoin wallet they don't want there services are receiving bitcoin from any gambling website this is one of the reason and thats the reason why they are creating another bitcoin wallet/

Now that you mention it, you are right. I also did that before. because one of the wallet I have do not accept bitcoin from gambling sites. It work out for the best because now my funds are more secure.

There are lots of reasons to consider from different people  on why they do have  multiple  addresses. As you mentioned  you  use other  web wallets  because there are  really some  local wallets which  is very  strict regarding their rules because  they would block you eventually if they know that you are  earning it on a particular  gambling site .

Yeah there are lots of reasons why using a lot of wallet, I think including it could actually be they have cloned account, or separate income from several different sources, or avoid a hacker in order not to keep too much money in one wallet and could be the reason every wallet will surely be disrupted, so save on many of the wallet is a good choice.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:25:22 PM

Yeah there are lots of reasons why using a lot of wallet, I think including it could actually be they have cloned account, or separate income from several different sources, or avoid a hacker in order not to keep too much money in one wallet and could be the reason every wallet will surely be disrupted, so save on many of the wallet is a good choice.
Only one the reason a lot people using many bitcoin address because they not want get track by other people mostly of them is a gambler.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 04:39:32 PM

In Bitcoin, we aren't actually anonymous. We're pseudonymous. We can have a lot of names online and act as different persons. We can register as much accounts as we want online to any website except to those that has a one IP one account policy, of course. Nevertheless, since we can be two or three person online, all those individuals should have their own Bitcoin wallets. The accounts shouldn't have a joined Bitcoin wallet so you can't be easily traced.

I really can't deny that fact, you are absolutely right that a lot of people use many wallets just because they have different personalities in different websites and for not letting anyone know that they are the same they use different wallets for making others think that the persons are having different wallets then they must be two or more than that different people.
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
October 17, 2016, 09:08:17 PM

I use dozens of them because it makes me feel safer that way. If I would lose a wallet, I'd lose for example only 1/100 of my money which is better than losing all at once.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 06:38:40 PM

People use various Bitcoin wallets so they can get multiple identities online. Most people that use this don't want to reveal their main account or atleast their alt accounts. They don't want those accounts to get a connection. Some people just want to have a backup wallet, just in case their main wallet gets hacked or gets a problem. I do have two wallets because the first wallet that I have doesn't support all the necessary stuffs for Bitcoin.
What? haha bitcoin is still anonymous and no one can know your identities online but if you are going to use it on forum then they can remember your account are linked on that bitcoin address like what happening on this forum so much mutple accounts in bitcoin wallet because they are using it for gambling.
Mistake what choppork said was correct, bitcoin is not anonymous is pseudonymous, let me give you an example, let’s suppose that you have a bitcoin wallet and many different account on different forums, but if you use the same IP for all of them then your bitcoin transactions can be linked to all these accounts if even one of these accounts has your real info then your name is now linked to every transaction coming from the addresses in your wallet.
utkarshm

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 07:32:08 PM

There is always a risk in using web wallets because they can be hacked and bitcoins can be stolen and you can do nothing about it,so for the safety people doent hold big amount of bitcoins in one single wallet and its better to divide them so lessen the amount and the risk in a particular wallet.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 08:10:41 PM

There is always a risk in using web wallets because they can be hacked and bitcoins can be stolen and you can do nothing about it,so for the safety people doent hold big amount of bitcoins in one single wallet and its better to divide them so lessen the amount and the risk in a particular wallet.
Not every online wallet can be hacked if the website provide 2fa security.
Hoor

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 08:53:37 PM

to me that is only for security purposes, as people distribute their bitcoins in different wallets so as to keep them and prevent them from hackers.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 09:18:40 PM

its just that people feel safer with more wallets. if they put everything in one wallet and that wallet gets hacked then they lose everything. especially if its an online wallet provider because then you arent even in control of the security of your wallet, you have to rely on someone else to keep your money safe.
BossMacko

Activity: 1134
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:23:31 PM

The reason why i am using many Bitcoin wallet is for the security. Hackers are becoming very create every day they always come up with a new style. If one wallet website get hack then not all my Bitcoin are taken away because i still have a backup wallets.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:47:19 PM

The reason why i am using many Bitcoin wallet is for the security. Hackers are becoming very create every day they always come up with a new style. If one wallet website get hack then not all my Bitcoin are taken away because i still have a backup wallets.

You using just one wallet doesn't mean you are unsafe. It just depends on how you have set up the security of your wallet files and computer system. If all is top notch, then nothing will happen with your coins. But of course, it's always good to spread your coins into several wallets. My personal motive is to prevent corrupt wallet files from making it not possible to access my coins.
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 18, 2016, 10:51:41 PM

to me that is only for security purposes, as people distribute their bitcoins in different wallets so as to keep them and prevent them from hackers.
I agree with you I think the reason why many people use a lot of wallet is to improve security on their bitcoin. because I think it would be very risky if you only have one course wallet and you keep all your money in one's wallet
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 12:14:34 AM

of course now the hackers become more intense if you do not update existing security wallet probably could have been hacked, I think the method of making a lot of this wallet is a method that has been long, but good enough to minimize the loss of all the money

Doamader

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 12:21:09 AM

of course now the hackers become more intense if you do not update existing security wallet probably could have been hacked, I think the method of making a lot of this wallet is a method that has been long, but good enough to minimize the loss of all the money

The only thing that makes me use more then one wallet its because i do some business online and i do like to know which ammount is being used at the places where i do invest.
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 02:10:57 AM

People are using so many wallets for their safety, if your wallet gets hacked they only make a little amount because your bitcoins are spread all over your wallets.
bhadz

Activity: 2464
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2016, 02:41:22 AM

People are using so many wallets for their safety, if your wallet gets hacked they only make a little amount because your bitcoins are spread all over your wallets.

Yes that is why many people are using a lot of bitcoin wallets because they are going to be safe every time they are going to have transactions. And they are not going to be traced easily so that is why many are creating a lot of bitcoin wallets. And besides having a bitcoin wallet is only free so that anyone can just make as many as they can.

MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 08:08:41 AM

Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
People make use of multiple wallets because then when they hacked and some body stole wallet from them then they still have some more they have saved.
if you only have one wallet and you lose that one you have lost everything. 
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 09:48:38 AM

Just wondering why people use so many Bitcoin wallets.
People make use of multiple wallets because then when they hacked and some body stole wallet from them then they still have some more they have saved.
if you only have one wallet and you lose that one you have lost everything. 
which correct in order to alternatives its also good to have more than one btc wallet so just in case you can still transact
after losing the other one.
stadus
Legendary

Activity: 3136
Merit: 1294

Hhampuz for Campaign management

View Profile
October 19, 2016, 12:18:37 PM

Why do people use so many Bitcoin wallets?

Pretty simple, to minimize the risk of losing your investment in the event of hacking or your negligence in sending your bitcoins in the wrong address, that is how you diversify your investment as well.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: