Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:59:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Google supercomputer a threat?  (Read 4529 times)
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:09:07 AM

Grin
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:10:45 AM

I have to throw my two cents in here starting with two words Google Glass!!  This project was a crash waiting to happen.  If this says anything about how google prepares their technology, it may be safe to say that this will crash faster than a blimp in a inferno!  Just my opinion.

Google has really gone down-hill in the last few years IMO. They were great before going public and for a bit after but I'm starting to question the quality of their products. I suspect their hiring practices have changed to only bringing on board people based who they know and/or how many toilet paper degrees they have.

Idk about the truth to what you said. Sure, things they have promoted like google+ to take over something like Facebook has failed in comparison; but they have slowly but surely made a lot of people to use gmail, because of its benefits. Even though it seems they pretty much took over the entire internet, they make everyday stuff for businesses, students, etc. that much easier. Google docs, slides, and it can be argued pay are revolutionizing how we share information with one another. So I wouldn't really say Google is flopping by any means necessary.

knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:59:37 AM

I agree with another comment on here, look at the Google Glass breakage!  I see not threat with google and supercomputers at this time.  Maybe after someone tells them how to do it! lol....

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
keepdoing

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:13:26 AM

I agree with another comment on here, look at the Google Glass breakage!  I see not threat with google and supercomputers at this time.  Maybe after someone tells them how to do it! lol....
Yeah, bunch of hacks.  Can't take anything coming out of Google seriously anymore.
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:45:11 AM

Google and any big institution is a threat, they have the money to do what they want, quite easily take over the network if t hey want. Thing is they won't.. The market is too illiquid for them to gift everybody.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:05:55 AM

Google and any big institution is a threat, they have the money to do what they want, quite easily take over the network if t hey want. Thing is they won't.. The market is too illiquid for them to gift everybody.

Why would they gift everybody? I thought their prime target is to make as much money as possible for themselves?

Flademago

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Pesobit, Simple Yet Useful Coin

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:23:21 AM

According to some experts, the super computer has many years to develop for it to be used practically. So it is not a threat for some time.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:40:28 AM

if they are for the profit they would simply join the network for taking profit not for destroying it

it does not make any sense to be against the bitcoin network at the moment, simply because it would be very rewarding for any big company that want to join
keepdoing

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:01:16 PM

if they are for the profit they would simply join the network for taking profit not for destroying it

it does not make any sense to be against the bitcoin network at the moment, simply because it would be very rewarding for any big company that want to join
The only way to feasibly get the number of neural nodes out there capable of achieving the singularity they are so damn foolishly seeking, is to open source the project.  Facebook has jumped into the "Neural Arms Race" now as well.  They are ringing the Globe with this neural net.  Humanity has no idea what it is going to unleash.

And as far as Bitcoin goes, all Google has to do is BUY bitcoins at this early stage.  My guess is that all of these companies will, if they already haven't, develop an algorithmic buying plan, buying all the way to the top in a controlled fashion that ensures they get a huge slice of the pie, but not so fast that they kill Bitcoin through too much greed.  When you are at the beginning of a global financial wealth shift like what is coming, that is all you have to do.   There are only so many bitcoins.  Google will make sure it gets more than its share, enough to do what it wants.  Then it will simply fortress its position at the top, and fight off and kill all challengers via search domination / societal manipulation etc.  In the end it could even threaten the U.S. Defense Department with its level of control over the global tech network.  I mean face it - if Google went evil - really evil - it could already do a good job of disruption.   But in regards to Bitcoin, it will just buy them all the way up.  Thats all it needs to do.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:05:10 PM

If a super computer can solve an algorithm faster than normal computer, then it can also make a better algorithm that would be hard to solve.

faucet used to be profitable
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 12:11:43 PM

Why would they gift everybody? I thought their prime target is to make as much money as possible for themselves?

Google is now so rich that i doubt money is there prime motivation,  they are more likely interested in control.  Their interest will be to have everyone on the planet using their stuff weather you know you are or not.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:59:04 PM

This is all nonsense, even an actual quantum computer poses no risk about the Bitcoin of today, let alone the Bitcoin of tomorrow. Go learn what BIP47 can do, this one will make any potential forensic of addresses pretty much useless including quantum computers because of constant fresh addresses being create for the transactions.
Mr. Forum

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 06:29:20 PM

What google have been doing for years is to provide solutions to the internet users. One thing among them is speed when it comes to connectivity. I am not sure if google are interested in mining the bitcoins using their supercomputer. What I am sure is that they are coming up with a computer than can compute algorithms within the shortest time possible. What you need to worry is for the bright minds of persons in the bitcoin mining to make a copy of the computers and use it for mining. It is a little bit scary since it will make the coins loose their value.
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 07:21:11 PM

What google have been doing for years is to provide solutions to the internet users. One thing among them is speed when it comes to connectivity. I am not sure if google are interested in mining the bitcoins using their supercomputer. What I am sure is that they are coming up with a computer than can compute algorithms within the shortest time possible. What you need to worry is for the bright minds of persons in the bitcoin mining to make a copy of the computers and use it for mining. It is a little bit scary since it will make the coins loose their value.

And why exactly do you think that it will make the coins lose their value if this were the case?  Contrarily, it would make bitcoins gain value due to a higher hash rate and thus, a more secure network.  You can only mine so many bitcoins in a given time because there is only one block to mine every 10 minutes or so.  The reason why it's scary to some users is that it would insinuate more centralization than how mining tends to be now, and it's already very centralized in some aspects, where only big time mining farms running tons of ASICS can earn a decent enough ROI to keep going... for now.  When halving comes next summer, it'll be interesting to see what happens to a lot of the mining farms and if they decide if it's worth it to keep running.

knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:51:49 PM

If google gets into bitcoin world if not present ,something i doubt they are watching just bitcoin,if they use their computer to mine bitcoin we would see the coins being mined on the next maybe 20 years instead the 100 years people prediction,and well on that time the demand and popularity of bitcoin would rule the value of it.Soo i doubt those could be bad to bitcoin ,would advance several years of expectation.
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:57:25 PM

If google gets into bitcoin world if not present ,something i doubt they are watching just bitcoin,if they use their computer to mine bitcoin we would see the coins being mined on the next maybe 20 years instead the 100 years people prediction,and well on that time the demand and popularity of bitcoin would rule the value of it.Soo i doubt those could be bad to bitcoin ,would advance several years of expectation.

Google decided to run a scam/fraud via XT and their main man MH as their first foray into the bitcoin world. And like all scams and frauds in bitcoin land it's now #rekt. Google is on their way down IMO.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:02:31 PM

If Google had the indecency to use its quantum computer in bitcoin, it wouldn't be significantly faster than an average ASIC. The one thing it would be alot faster at though, is generating a private key. If Google got hold of someone's private key, that would be very, very bad news.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:24:25 PM

If Google had the indecency to use its quantum computer in bitcoin, it wouldn't be significantly faster than an average ASIC. The one thing it would be alot faster at though, is generating a private key. If Google got hold of someone's private key, that would be very, very bad news.
The computer used by Google is not up to the end of the quantum. More precisely the computer Google works like a quantum but significant results are still very far away. Therefore, modern cryptography is not yet under threat and it is too early to worry Wink
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 10:52:30 PM

Supercomputers will never be a threat as long as we have easy-to-verify-hard-to-solve math.

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1353

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:27:51 PM

Do not worry about Google hashing for bitcoins. Instead, worry about how will you live your life privately without them knowing every single thing you do through the use of this Quantum Computer to monitor your activities.

That is way scarier than them mining all of the remaining bitcoins to be mined and cracking all the privkeys (the latter of which is close to impossible.)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: