Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:29:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: US Debt Has Exploded  (Read 9994 times)
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 08:56:48 AM

People have right on their money. Still due to the economic system followed over the past people have money and certain value assigned for money. So certain changes need to be done in economic system.

People think they have right on their money.
Whereas in reality they have right on nothing as they don't own money. Banks own money and people have bank credit that's all. If a bank closes you lose all your money.
MedaR
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:40:15 PM

Whereas in reality they have right on nothing as they don't own money. Banks own money and people have bank credit that's all. If a bank closes you lose all your money.
Money is promise that you will pay some debt.
So if you think you have money you have someone's debt in a pocket.
All that you can do with this is to watch how money losing its value over time through inflation and other hidden taxes.

Just like you are hold sand in your hands! Cool

You can rent this space
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:57:34 PM

We have  official US Debt celebration
now is 19 030 024 473 090,85
soon 20  and 104% GPD in fact more that compare  to  PIGS countrys

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:13:15 PM

This is going to be very sad i think!
Many are not even aware of this.
They live their little lives spending more than can afford and believe to Government.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 8183

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:17:18 PM

People have right on their money. Still due to the economic system followed over the past people have money and certain value assigned for money. So certain changes need to be done in economic system.

Not in my country, friend!  Our deposits are insured.  I get my money back if bank closes.  100% coverage up to 100k.

mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:22:10 PM

Not in my country, friend!  Our deposits are insured.  I get my money back if bank closes.  100% coverage up to 100k.

Well I don't know where you are, Iceland maybe? Switzerland?

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:21:19 PM

...or the United States, Canada, Mexico, Saint Vincent, Caiman Islands, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Uruguay, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Belarus, Latvia, Norway, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan...

Deposit insurance, whether explicit or implicit, exists in effectively all countries that have a banking system though all might not cover 100% and limits will vary.

Laosai

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:33:49 PM

...or the United States, Canada, Mexico, Saint Vincent, Caiman Islands, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Uruguay, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Belarus, Latvia, Norway, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan...

Deposit insurance, whether explicit or implicit, exists in effectively all countries that have a banking system though all might not cover 100% and limits will vary.

Hmm... Not if the banks go bankrupt no... Tell that to the Greeks!
It's not possible for the sole reason that banks actually own only 5% of the money they owe you so...

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 07:55:48 PM

Hmm... Not if the banks go bankrupt no... Tell that to the Greeks!
It's not possible for the sole reason that banks actually own only 5% of the money they owe you so...

Hopefully I don't have to tell the Greeks because have read their own banking rules and regulations and don't have more than 100k on deposit per account because if they do, they could take a haircut on anything over 100k (they call that a bail-in).  They are insured to 100k and no, the banks don't have that amount to give everyone at once which is why they instituted bank holidays and daily withdrawal limits (also in the fine print).

Pitchblackroom

Activity: 313

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 09:20:52 PM

To be honest it is getting worse with more people retiring, social security payments are going through the roof and honestly it isn't obtainable.

██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
e i d o o
██

▄██▄
                  ▄██████▄
                ▄██████████
              ▄██████████▀   ▄▄
            ▄██████████▀   ▄████▄
          ▄██████████▀    ████████▄
         ██████████▀      ▀████████
         ▀███████▀   ▄███▄  ▀████▀   ▄█▄
    ▄███▄  ▀███▀   ▄███████▄  ▀▀   ▄█████▄
  ▄███████▄      ▄██████████     ▄█████████
  █████████    ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
   ▀█████▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
     ▀▀▀   ▄██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ██████████▀    ▄██████████▀
          ▀███████▀      █████████▀
            ▀███▀   ▄██▄  ▀█████▀
                  ▄██████▄  ▀▀▀
                  █████████
                   ▀█████▀
                     ▀▀▀
██
█║█
║║║
║║║
█║█
██
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:32:37 AM

What are you talking? If we earn the money, we don't have any right on it? Also, whether private or public banks shut down, the customers get their money back and only lose the interest. Even if any bank is in complete debt, it's possible to recover the money from the Reserve Bank and they decide whom they should pay and whom they cannot.
yugo23

Activity: 476
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 01:50:14 PM

What are you talking? If we earn the money, we don't have any right on it? Also, whether private or public banks shut down, the customers get their money back and only lose the interest. Even if any bank is in complete debt, it's possible to recover the money from the Reserve Bank and they decide whom they should pay and whom they cannot.

Absolutely not. What you "have" in bank is only a debt and nothing more. If the bank crashes you get nothing...
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 02:58:01 PM

Absolutely not. What you "have" in bank is only a debt and nothing more. If the bank crashes you get nothing...

You're simply wrong.  Stop spreading FuD.

The EU sets requirements that insured deposits must be accessible for depositors within a specified time frame. Under EU rules, payout deadlines must be gradually reduced from 20 working days presently, to 7 working days as of January 1, 2024.  The insured amount is currently €100,000.

In the USA, no depositor has ever lost a penny of insured deposits since the FDIC was created in 1933.

Many countries have deposit insurance schemes.  Look it up man!
youdamushi

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:11:39 PM

The EU sets requirements that insured deposits must be accessible for depositors within a specified time frame. Under EU rules, payout deadlines must be gradually reduced from 20 working days presently, to 7 working days as of January 1, 2024.  The insured amount is currently €100,000.

In the USA, no depositor has ever lost a penny of insured deposits since the FDIC was created in 1933.

That means nothing. What's insured is indeed any account under 100k€, but it's insured by a fund having around 0.8% of the bank funds and only in 2024 not right now!
"The Deposit Insurance Fund would be equivalent to 0.8% of the covered deposits of all banks in the Banking Union by 2024."
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-15-6153_fr.htm

This is no FUD man, if one small bank sinks no problem normally, the money should be found. But you gotta have only one and not too big.

PARADICE.io

xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 03:41:14 PM

That means nothing. What's insured is indeed any account under 100k€, but it's insured by a fund having around 0.8% of the bank funds and only in 2024 not right now!
"The Deposit Insurance Fund would be equivalent to 0.8% of the covered deposits of all banks in the Banking Union by 2024."

This is no FUD man, if one small bank sinks no problem normally, the money should be found. But you gotta have only one and not too big.

So it's sUpErFuD?  What are we talking about then, full scale global economic collapse or just the collapse of the European Union?
This is deposit insurance.  The failed bank will be taken over and it's assets liquidated.  What insurance scheme anywhere has to fund 100% of ALL potential liabilities?  None; nowhere and neither is it necessary.

NB. I'm not an actuary but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last month.
youdamushi

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:11:55 PM

So it's sUpErFuD?  What are we talking about then, full scale global economic collapse or just the collapse of the European Union?
This is deposit insurance.  The failed bank will be taken over and it's assets liquidated.  What insurance scheme anywhere has to fund 100% of ALL potential liabilities?  None; nowhere and neither is it necessary.

NB. I'm not an actuary but I slept at a Holiday Inn Express last month.

Lol! There is a difference in saying it's 100% insured (which is hard I agree) and say that it's 0.8% insured!!!

I don't really call that insurance! Would you say your house is correctly insured if I promise you to repay you 0.8% of its value if it burns down?

I don't really see the FUD here...

PARADICE.io

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:31:14 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, this is a promise the EU and your country could not hold when it comes to extreme.
100k € times 500 million people are 500,000,000,000,000 € (in words 500 trillion).

youdamushi

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:33:34 PM

Sorry to disappoint you, this is a promise the EU and your country could not hold when it comes to extreme.
100k € times 500 million people are 500,000,000,000,000 € (in words 500 trillion).

Of course! He just doesn't want to understand it. This amount is insured by 0.8%, which means if you own 10 000€ they will repay you... 80€... Cool no?

PARADICE.io

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 08:36:33 PM

Brazil already suffers under extreme pensions because the natural resource prices dropped by 80%.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/21/world/americas/brazil-pension-crisis-mounts-as-more-retire-earlier-then-pass-benefits-on.html?_r=0

Same to the industrial countries in some years, but the party goes on as long as is too late.

To be honest it is getting worse with more people retiring, social security payments are going through the roof and honestly it isn't obtainable.
xhomerx10
Legendary

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 09:32:01 PM

Let me tell you with 100% certainty that very few Europeans have current accounts with €100,000 in them. 
You are confusing total wealth with bank deposits.  People have money tied up in their home and other investments, savings accounts are not for holding all of your assets especially with interest rates being at all time lows.  There would be no need for such a huge sum were all of the banks in the EU to suddenly fail.  I don't know the exact figure today but in 2010, the average EU person's bank account was around €6800

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: