Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:48:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If DASH is so confident why are they trying so hard to beat Monero?  (Read 3771 times)
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 02:53:12 PM

DASH isn't trying to "beat" Monero, I mean look at the market cap. The market has already decided that DASH has "beat" Monero at this point and I really don't see that changing anytime soon.

What is going on is that DASH users fall for the basic Monero marketing tactics, many of which include posting constantly in the DASH thread. There are almost no DASH users trolling on the Monero thread because, why would they?

DASH users need to stop falling for the Monero marketing tricks and constant annoyances that they perpetually spew on to the DASH thread.

The only people who have anything to gain in a fight between DASH and Monero is Monero. Just like any small company directly attacking its market leading competitor.

Having a higher market cap when you instamine 30% of the coins and keep them locked in a HYIP POS scheme like DASH dev eduffield has done is trivial

Anyone can start their own shitcoin, issue 15 million coins and sell 1 to your friend for a dollar. There you go you just made a coin with the same $15,000,000 marketcap as Dash.

You're just a Dash bagholder who believes in instamined coins with a tampered emission, lying snake-oil developers who announce features like masternode blinding which never get implented, unuseable anon that takes 24-72 hours to send a simple anon tx and of course, the most toxic community in crypto BY FAR with examples such as MasterMined710 and volvoya.

Macrochip has no choice but to cheer for Dash, he's down over $100,000 USD in his Dash holdings... use a 20% stop loss next time Macrochip.. or better yet don't invest in scam coins like "daesh" in the first place

Dash Sad

Proof of bolded claim?

Bitterness.

lies and fud .. as usual.

edit : directed towards Drklvr, who has appearently a very big thumb that just keep overproducing these lies and fud remarks.
Sometimes i wonder if he is still capable of telling the truth ... i'm just thankfull he is not part of our community.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:04:58 PM

DASH isn't trying to "beat" Monero, I mean look at the market cap. The market has already decided that DASH has "beat" Monero at this point and I really don't see that changing anytime soon.

What is going on is that DASH users fall for the basic Monero marketing tactics, many of which include posting constantly in the DASH thread. There are almost no DASH users trolling on the Monero thread because, why would they?

DASH users need to stop falling for the Monero marketing tricks and constant annoyances that they perpetually spew on to the DASH thread.

The only people who have anything to gain in a fight between DASH and Monero is Monero. Just like any small company directly attacking its market leading competitor.

That's basically it. Everything else is just excuses and noise.
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 03:24:08 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:10:25 PM by generalizethis

That's basically it. Everything else is just excuses and noise.

Not really. From a technical standpoint, Monero offers superior anonymity (protocol level, apparently magnitudes faster, proven cryptography backed by leading Bitcoin Developers), a better algorithm not fraught with the dangers of using multiple chains, and a provable fairer distribution due to a fair launch. Also, evolution's 12-18 month time frame, coupled with no peer review, hardly distills confidence. The market cap lead is minuscule, when for a coin to be successful, we are talking many billions more than even the current BTC market cap--plus I would take into account the distortion effect of masternodes hoarding coins off market. I'm probably missing a few things, but Monerians want to make these technical comparisons because that is their strength and dash's weakness.  

MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 03:28:30 PM

Wasn't DASH (or Darkcoin) premined to absolute shit right under everyones noses?
last I read was that they had a massive premine.. Who would even use this shit?

People need to stop supporting shitcoins and need to start supporting coins with actual innovation.
DASH was premined to shit.. and that in my eyes makes it worth basically nothing.. A 1% premine.. Cool.

But last I checked that shit was over 10% premined and it was done secretly.
Monero has a terrible client. And I've never used dash.. So I can't say which is the victor... was monero premined?

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 03:38:45 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 03:50:28 PM by DrkLvr_

lies and fud .. as usual.

edit : directed towards Drklvr, who has appearently a very big thumb that just keep overproducing these lies and fud remarks.
Sometimes i wonder if he is still capable of telling the truth ... i'm just thankfull he is not part of our community.

My bad actually.. it wasn't Macrochip. It was another Dashtard who bought 150K of DASH at over $10. How unfortunate to sink so much money into a fraud scheme like Dash... $150,000 to ~$35,000. That's gotta hurt. I don't see him on this thread so I won't expose him.

Talk some more shit qwizzie. I might make mistakes which i own up to, but i don't need to lie. Dash looks bad enough on its own.

MRKLYE, 1.5 million coins out of the 6 million DASH supply were instamined in the first 8 hours of launch. 25% instamine

Dash Sad
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:14:13 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:25:00 PM by qwizzie

Wasn't DASH (or Darkcoin) premined to absolute shit right under everyones noses?

People need to stop supporting shitcoins and need to start supporting coins with actual innovation.
DASH was premined to shit.. and that in my eyes makes it worth basically nothing.. A 1% premine.. Cool.

Monero has a terrible client. And I've never used dash.. So I can't say which is the victor... was monero premined?

Dash was instamined, which is different then premined
Monero was also instamined or fastmined with their crippled miner
Bitcoin was also instamined with Satoshi's 1 million mined BTC
The whole world could potentially see the crypto-scene as instamined because there is such a relatively small amount of people involved with it currently.

Instamine is just a very general used term and sure Dash was instamined, nobody from Dash denies that and its public info for all to see and sure it was on a larger scale then
Monero or other cryptocurrencies but then again a large part of the instamine got either redistributed very early on or was put directly into support of Dash.

There was no secrecy with the Dash instamine either, no trying to hide it.

29 march 2014
https://dashtalk.org/threads/the-birth-of-darkcoin.162/
viewed : 12,325

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?page_id=118

In this article, we explore the impact of the “instamine” on the Dash ecosystem. There’s been talk from the very beginning of Dash about the very first 24 hours, 1.9 million coins were issued. We gained access to Evan Duffield to directly answer some questions about the instamine and give us an account of what happened.

Those involved financially with Dash moved past the instamine a long time ago and are here for the long ride (Dash is typically such a cryptocurrency that it will take time as there is a very strong focus on
research and development)

In the end its up to each person to do their own homework on the cryptocurrency they are thinking about investing in ...

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:23:48 PM

Dash was instamined, which is different then premined
Bitcoin was also instamined with Satoshi's 1 million mined BTC
The whole world could potentially see the crypto-scene as instamined because there is such a relatively small amount of people involved with it currently.

you forgot to mention that eduffield reduced the blockreward right after the instamine....
...and that moneros so-called-crippled-miner-fastmine was one guy who mined a little bit more for a short time. which is laughable when compared to dash (former darkcoin (former xcoin))

Those involved financially with Dash moved past the instamine a long time ago and are here for the long ride (Dash is typically such a cryptocurrency that it will take time as there is a very strong focus on
research and development)

obviously they have hoped they can move on... how to attract new people which such a big instamine scam?
simple...ignore it and hope anybody else ignores it too ;-)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:26:28 PM

Dash was instamined, which is different then premine

29 march 2014

(scam biased link removed)

viewed : 12,325

(scam biased links removed)

Keep lying qwizzie

Monero had an issue with the miner optimization inherited from Bytecoin, but the same number of coins were emitted as per the emission schedule.

Compare that to DASH, where eduffield instamines 1.5 million coins (25% of all coins in current supply) in the first 8 hours. then drastically reduces the emission rate when he's done instamining

After he was finished instamining, Evan had this to say:

Great, now that everything is stable, I'll be posting later about the vision of this project and milestones! Time to move on to actually implementing what I set out to do.

Sure sounds like an accident

You're a pathetic scam defender qwizzie. keep trying though
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:29:42 PM

The dash deception Sad

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:35:22 PM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 04:46:47 PM by qwizzie

at least i'm bringing facts to the table and have my numbers right  :

There’s been talk from the very beginning of Dash about the very first 24 hours, 1.9 million coins were issued.

and of course it would be pretty dumb to think Evan was the only miner back then..... only dumb trolls would think dumb thoughts like that.

onemorexmr

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:47:44 PM

There’s been talk from the very beginning of Dash about the very first 24 hours, 1.9 million coins were issued.

and of course it would be pretty dumb to think Evan was the only miner back then.....

i am very sure he was the biggest and earliest.
did you forgot that he lied about the exact start date?
the wallet download sucked; he had to supply it multiple times
and so on...

i was there... and i have given up after a while because the launch was very chaotic. my opinion about eduffields capabilites as a dev hasnt much changed since (i wrote a few posts about that in the ANN thread: BEFORE monero even existed)

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:58:38 PM

and of course it would be pretty dumb to think Evan was the only miner back then.....

and so on...

i was there... and i have given up after a while because the launch was very chaotic. my opinion about eduffields capabilites as a dev hasnt much changed since (i wrote a few posts about that in the ANN thread: BEFORE monero even existed)

sure the launch was chaotic, code was messed up, things didn't go as planned... all true. But ever since that launch that dev has commited himself fulltime on this Dash project,
even stopped with his paid day job. And he and his dev-team have delivered .. and boy have they delivered :

X11
Darksend
Dark Gravity Wave
InstantX
Decentralised voting
Decentralised budget
Building-up the second most powerfull network (some 5400 nodes of which 3400 full nodes .. the so called masternodes. Check my signature)

DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 04:59:37 PM

and of course it would be pretty dumb to think Evan was the only miner back then..... only dumb trolls would think dumb thoughts like that.

1.5 million in the first 8 hours, after Evan said he'd only launch it tomorrow. So yeah, the whole thing smells pretty fucking bad. And you're here defending it.

qwizzie Sad
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:02:14 PM

I really don't get it. Every time I log on here I see this perpetual war between Dash and Monero. Why?

Just do your own thing and let the best coin win. There's no need for this endless war. It's getting seriously fatiguing.

Besides, the price of both coins tends to go up and down together anyway.

Many people were disturbed by the instamine situation and challenged it. There was mixed signals from Dash about the instamine and as such there has never really been a conclusion to the argument. It just lingers. So, in a sense it's an argument that revolves around Dash's credibility.

there you go

Macrochip is a shady ass person, included in my list here. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1282836.0
onemorexmr

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:04:26 PM

and so on...

sure the launch was chaotic, code was messed up, things didn't go as planned... all true. But ever since that launch that dev has commited himself fulltime on this Dash project,
even stopped with his paid day job. And he and his dev-team have delivered .. and boy have they delivered :

X11
Darksend
Dark Gravity Wave
InstantX
Decentralised voting
Decentralised budget
Building-up the second most powerfull network (some 5400 nodes of which 3400 full nodes .. the so called masternodes. Check my signature)

the bolded part is the reason why i think he was the biggest early miner (not really alone.. but others just didnt had a chance)

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:11:26 PM

and so on...

X11
Darksend
Dark Gravity Wave
InstantX
Decentralised voting
Decentralised budget

the bolded part is the reason why i think he was the biggest early miner (not really alone.. but others just didnt had a chance)

Well, at least we have a dev that didnt cash-out when he could have at 0.027, is still highly motivated and busy coding at his Dash project and provided
us with a pretty neat GUI wallet (with help of other dev-team members) and appearently interested in leaving us with a legacy in time (digital cash)

DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:16:23 PM

Well, at least we have a dev that didnt cash-out when he could have at 0.027, is still highly motivated and busy coding at his Dash project and provided
us with a pretty neat GUI wallet (with help of other dev-team members) and appearently interested in leaving us with a legacy in time (digital cash)

How do you know about eduffield's trades? It doesn't make sense to "cash out" completely since he's getting the daily masternode payments from his scam instamine. Keep going....
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 05:18:01 PM

and so on...

X11
Darksend
Dark Gravity Wave
InstantX
Decentralised voting
Decentralised budget
Building-up the second most powerfull network (some 5400 nodes of which 3400 full nodes .. the so called masternodes)

X11 is insecure as the more chains you have, the more likely that an exploit can be found in one of those chains (and no, you can't just roll back and eliminate the exploited chain as the exploit may go unnoticed for some time and be un-rewindable).

Darksend isn't as secure as protocol level privacy and apparently takes 20+ hours for a mix-in of 4.

Decentralized voting and budget are a sham considering the votes are most likely concentrated in the hands of the instaminers, which would almost ensure that they would vote in order to further benefit themselves no matter if the result had a negative effect on those who hold smaller amounts.

If that's innovation, then cryptocurrency will never look more appealing than the current monetary system and all bets are off for a major cryptocurrency disruption. Thankfully, it's only Evan using the hype of exaggerated promises (with a conspicuous lack of peer review) to give the impression of technical innovation.

busterzzz

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:25:55 PM

I was going to get some monero but I couldn't find a working wallet and I would rather not leave money on exchanges. Maybe if the developers spent more time developing and less time on bitcointalk/reddit there would be a working wallet. I don't get involved in the bullshit between the two groups because it's a big fat waste of time for anyone who does. Why would I sit here and defend something I believe in when I'm not getting paid to do so? Go outside and look up, there's this thing called the sky and it's beautiful.
phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 05:27:57 PM

The fact of the matter is that there is always going to be trolls in both the Monero threads and Dash threads, sure there maybe not be as many in the ANN thread for Monero, but it's more prevalent in the speculation thread.  But seriously though...

Why does it really matter?

People get so offended when people point out flaws of other coins? Personally, I find it better this way that both communities fact check each other so it won't get to be so much of a circle jerk.  The only time it gets to be annoying is when people just reply with "LOL" and add a one line zinger to make the other person look idiotic.  There are people who are deemed "trolls" from each side that present information in a very informative way, and then there are the people who actually make it somewhat unbearable to read the threads for both coins because they make such shitty arguments and are more interested in trying to pick a fight with a certain member.

It's important to realize that when people pick a certain coin to get behind, that they aren't necessarily behind what every person from that community says on a thread.  So even though I support and prefer to deal with Monero, doesn't mean that I support what everyone says from the Monero community.  I think when anyone shows support for a coin and then posts in a different ANN or speculation thread, that they are automatically deemed a "troll" because they have somewhat of a bias; when in all reality they might just be trying to learn more for themselves or fact check other members who are posting there.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: