Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:13:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If DASH is so confident why are they trying so hard to beat Monero?  (Read 3771 times)
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:28:54 PM

I was going to get some monero but I couldn't find a working wallet and I would rather not leave money on exchanges. Maybe if the developers spent more time developing and less time on bitcointalk/reddit there would be a working wallet. I don't get involved in the bullshit between the two groups because it's a big fat waste of time for anyone who does. Why would I sit here and defend something I believe in when I'm not getting paid to do so? Go outside and look up, there's this thing called the sky and it's beautiful.

you couldn't find a working wallet out of the several unofficial wallets available?  Roll Eyes

guess you couldn't figure out how to use the cli simplewallet either.. i mean look at the rocket science you'd need:

transfer <mixin> <Deposit Address> <amount>

phishead

Activity: 1873
Merit: 840

Keep what's important, and know who's your friend

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 05:31:04 PM

I was going to get some monero but I couldn't find a working wallet and I would rather not leave money on exchanges. Maybe if the developers spent more time developing and less time on bitcointalk/reddit there would be a working wallet. I don't get involved in the bullshit between the two groups because it's a big fat waste of time for anyone who does. Why would I sit here and defend something I believe in when I'm not getting paid to do so? Go outside and look up, there's this thing called the sky and it's beautiful.

Well, there is mymonero which is a webwallet that a lot of people like to use and is not necessarily an "exchange" by any means.  You are in control of your private key there and don't necessarily have to trust a third party, but there is the concern of it being an online wallet.

There are also other GUI's that you can compile off github, but that's more for the advanced user, and even I'm still having troubles with it (still learning about the benefits of Linux and how to properly use it).
bitowl

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:31:53 PM

things didn't go as planned... all true. But ever since that launch that dev has commited himself fulltime on this Dash project,
even stopped with his paid day job.

I'm actually an impartial person in this thread since I'm completely ignorant of what's going on in the altcoin world... but this isn't convincing at all. I'd quit my job too if I successfully convinced people to adopt my coin after shadily mining ridiculous sums of them due to an "error".

Not to say the development and such hasn't been good since but getting off to such a shady start just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

And to the monero trolls, as someone said upthread, many of you come across as 16 year olds and are doing a disservice to the people actually working on it. It's possible to criticize a competitor without coming across as immature, work on it.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 05:38:32 PM

those are both good posts (busturzzz and phishead --> page 2) and i think i will indeed go outside and look at the sky for awhile,
eventhough the sun went down some time ago and its all black .. but hey, i might catch a falling star   Grin

edit : this thread is moving fast

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:33:26 PM

Here is a pretty decent compilation of issues that DASH has as a "crypto coin" all of which can be backed up by facts.

To see all approporiate links associated with highlighted text here is the link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zufu1/a_great_podcast_by_lets_talk_bitcoin_discussing/cpmvogy

**It should be noted that some dash supporters on that reddit thread think that FACTS are "trailer park behaviour" and "slinging mud".

Read on at that link for more context of the discussion which will give you perspective into the psyche of some dash supporters (not sure if it is a mental illness or willful denial of the facts by making such absurd assertions as BOLDED above).

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 06:15:56 AM

Dash is perpetually trying to be as credible and respected as Monero - they've noticed that Greg Maxwell, Peter Todd ets all are firmly in the Monero camp - even Charlie Lee of Litecoin has spoken out that it's hard for people to get behind Dash. So it just seems that Dash have sour grapes and are constantly on the attack.

Just look at the altcoin discussion thread right now. It's riddled with this shit.

Of course there are antagonists on all sides. What we need is diplomacy and PEACE. Enough of this war already.

Clash (not your hippie-ass "PEACE" and moral equivalency) is the crucible from which truth emerges.  Are you afraid of the truth about Dash emerging?

You sound almost exactly like the erstwhile defenders of Gox, Pirate, Craptsy, Paycoin, and Neucoin, begging for a truce with their accusers.

No peace with criminals.

It was bad enough when Darkcoin's "snake oil" was marketed at crypto-nerds, now they plan to target normal people with Dash's "bad crypto" and Masternode HYIP.

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud."  -NN Taleb

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 06:31:57 AM

Wasn't DASH (or Darkcoin) premined to absolute shit right under everyones noses?
last I read was that they had a massive premine..

Yes, DASH was effectively premined because the launch was moved up in spite of Scumbag Evan's "let's put it off for a few days; yes illodum you can go to sleep now" announcement to the contrary.

That fact has been well-known since Feb 2014:

So what's the rationale for this block reward system? (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2))

As I understand it, the TOTAL distribution per unit time will come crashing down as network hashrate goes up. Not to mention each miner is getting a tinier slice. That's rather discouraging.

Apart from Darksend, I think this is the best feature of the coin. All other altcoins become diluted if they doesn't become a instant success like Dogecoin.

So the early adopter edge becomes even more overwhelming? Nice way to kill a coin. An exchange medium is only worth something if others agree and also have a stake. We'll just end up a small group of hoarders waiting around for something to happen. Reminds me of QRK.

That is overstating things. Reading through the thread, it is abundantly clear that the devs and other early adopters believe in the coin and are not planning a massive dump. 

IMO this is a feature -- not a problem or a scam.  Basically, it allows for the devs to have a more fine control over how the coin is released into the market; and thus prevents a “mid-life” dump via multipools and whale miners that troubles many a coin once the price starts to rise.  As mentioned above, if a coin is super-popular from the beginning like Doge then there is no problem as it gets distributed to a wide range of miners.  Even if whales or whatnot show up later there is a big enough dedicated mining community that in effect prevents these entities from negatively effecting the market. 

On the other hand, coins that don't blow up from the beginning and slowly rise in price due to the efforts of the early adopters, inevitably get attacked by these whales/mutlipools -- and the diff increase alone never seems to be enough to prevent a ton of coins of entering the hands of the few.  When these coins get dumped... the market crashes.  The way Darkcoin is currently set up this cannot happen.  And yes, even though Darkcoin is multipool resistant – it is still vulnerable to whales (it was actually getting hammered before the diff /reward system was enhanced by KGW).

Now, I know it may seem unfair to latecomer miners and some trolls even went as far as trying to discourage people by calling this a instamine. But the thing is... the vast majority of coins have a high percentage owned by early adopters.  That is the reward they get for believing in the coin before anybody else.  Due to the diff/reward system Darkcoin might be a little more extreme, but as I just explained that system has a very important purpose.

Lastly, it is not like the devs are not willing to respond.  Take a look at the diff/reward chart below. 

The blue line is actually a hardfork that was put in place a couple of weeks ago to be ready for GPU miners (GPU client first released last week) so that reward wouldn't drop to zero once the hash power went through the roof. 

Tldr; This is a fair coin. The diff/reward is a feature that allows more fine control over how much coin is released into the market and thus prevents manipulation by whales who plan to dump.

lol, how is this effectively different than a premine?

Gliss uses the most technical definition of 'premine' possible to justify putting Dash back on the 'not premined' list.

For one brief, shining moment he was honest about it (right after the DASH OP took the "No Premine" claim out of their [ANN] thread title).

But he changed his mind, probably after being bribed by CoinTelegraph and threatened by DashHoles.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 06:56:08 AM

guess you couldn't figure out how to use the cli simplewallet either.. i mean look at the rocket science you'd need:

transfer <mixin> <Deposit Address> <amount>

DashHoles are simple people.  Please don't blow their minds with all your fancy Computer Science book learnings.

Oops, too late...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:29:38 PM

There can be two ways - Dash will win Monero, or Monero win Dash. As you can see Monero price is quite low  Cheesy
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:22:58 PM

There can be two ways - Dash will win Monero, or Monero win Dash. As you can see Monero price is quite low  Cheesy

Price isn't always a good metric to measure success.

Solidcoin had higher prices than litecoin for months and solidcoin was run and developed by a well known scammer now.

And solidcoin as far as I can tell is not traded nor mined by anyone anymore.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:28:52 PM

oh my, look at what i just saw in the sky outside :

now what to wish for  Huh

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
cryptodromeda (OP)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:55:51 AM

Dash is perpetually trying to be as credible and respected as Monero - they've noticed that Greg Maxwell, Peter Todd ets all are firmly in the Monero camp - even Charlie Lee of Litecoin has spoken out that it's hard for people to get behind Dash. So it just seems that Dash have sour grapes and are constantly on the attack.

Just look at the altcoin discussion thread right now. It's riddled with this shit.

Of course there are antagonists on all sides. What we need is diplomacy and PEACE. Enough of this war already.

Clash (not your hippie-ass "PEACE" and moral equivalency) is the crucible from which truth emerges.  Are you afraid of the truth about Dash emerging?

You sound almost exactly like the erstwhile defenders of Gox, Pirate, Craptsy, Paycoin, and Neucoin, begging for a truce with their accusers.

No peace with criminals.

It was bad enough when Darkcoin's "snake oil" was marketed at crypto-nerds, now they plan to target normal people with Dash's "bad crypto" and Masternode HYIP.

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud."  -NN Taleb

Everyone knows about the instamine situation - you don't have to keep harping on about it and it's just becoming irritating. The chips are where they are. Whatever will be will be.

Besides, the only people who are behind Dash at the moment are investors who are below break-even. Who gives a fuck?

With Monero, a cheap price is seen as an opportunity which leads to averaging down. But with Dash, the investors don't have confidence in Dash's credible future prospects (which is heightened every time a Bitcoin core developer or other crypto-celebrity speaks out about it) therefore no-one wants to buy more Dash, therefore there is no averaging-down, and therefore the Dash investors get particularly pissy.

Let me just repeat that: Dash investors can't average down because they are trying to get rid of their stash. The last thing they want to do is buy more.

That's not the case with Monero.

That's why Dash investors are particularly pissy and that's where all the noise is coming from.

So forget about it. It's not even worth fighting over. You're just going over tired territory.

Peace.

It's a kind of blindness that reason alone cannot cure.
daveon

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:47:57 PM

If Dash is so confident, why did it go through 2 name changes?

XCoin -> Darkcoin -> DASH

Plus, DASH sounds like they are running from something. What a bad name. Who would even think that it is digital cash?

What is emporer Duffield next name change going to be?

obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 03:55:18 PM

Plus, DASH sounds like they are running from something. What a bad name. Who would even think that it is digital cash?

crypto-cash or CRASH might be suitable by then...

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:54:17 AM

Xcoin was instamined millions were mined in 8 hours up until 24hrs

Darkcoin's block reward modified and 84M to 18M reduced coin supply...they realized the name is not for mainstream

DASH name is for mainstream and they are attempting to bury it's past through name changes...they even tried to kill dashcoin for its name https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=678232
bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:22:45 AM

if the two coins would just focus on the work they have done pioneering anon crypto transfers they would be so much better off.

oh well I guess you guys prefer the soap opera that you have created.

arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:51:04 AM

if the two coins would just focus on the work they have done pioneering anon crypto transfers they would be so much better off.

oh well I guess you guys prefer the soap opera that you have created.

looking at the bright side..a soap opera in crypto land  Cool
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:36:16 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 09:29:05 AM by smoothie

Clash (not your hippie-ass "PEACE" and moral equivalency) is the crucible from which truth emerges.  Are you afraid of the truth about Dash emerging?

No peace with criminals.

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud."  -NN Taleb

Everyone knows about the instamine situation - you don't have to keep harping on about it and it's just becoming irritating. The chips are where they are. Whatever will be will be.

Besides, the only people who are behind Dash at the moment are investors who are below break-even. Who gives a fuck?

With Monero, a cheap price is seen as an opportunity which leads to averaging down. But with Dash, the investors don't have confidence in Dash's credible future prospects (which is heightened every time a Bitcoin core developer or other crypto-celebrity speaks out about it) therefore no-one wants to buy more Dash, therefore there is no averaging-down, and therefore the Dash investors get particularly pissy.

Let me just repeat that: Dash investors can't average down because they are trying to get rid of their stash. The last thing they want to do is buy more.

That's not the case with Monero.

That's why Dash investors are particularly pissy and that's where all the noise is coming from.

So forget about it. It's not even worth fighting over. You're just going over tired territory.

Peace.

Uhh no not everyone knows about the instamine otherwise the entire human race would know.

Please stop downplaying a pretty big fact for those new people who come to crypto/Bitcoin communities to know about dash.

Dash's instamine will follow it for as long as it exists.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:58:42 AM

What a surprise. The usual trolls from the Monero community talking about Dash in a new thread.

Lovely  Wink

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:21:03 PM

What a surprise. The usual trolls Dash Deception Defenders from the Monero communityDark Dash Otoh community talking about defending Dash in a new thread.

Right on schedule aleix. I'm sure your leader is very pleased with how dependable you are
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: