Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:57:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i Mine with a dual core CPU?  (Read 10101 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2016, 08:46:26 PM

For most altcoin, it is not profitable to mine with CPU. Examples are Dash, Monro and Ethereum.

Ethereum could be an exception. It is mineable with CPU and you can make very little profit now.
Don't even start with Ehereum, it is not a good altcoin to mine. First of all it is not hard capped coin.
Than means developers can increase number of coins on a whim in the future - if they decide that there are not enough coins in circulation.

Everyone is years to late.  I don't care how good of CPU coin it is at this point.  Show me a equation where you not only make more then electricity but ROI on a cpu... I don't see anyone ROI'ing on cpu.

It's a lost cause at this point compared to expenses.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 12:55:05 AM

You don't mine with pc's anymore GPU or CPU, it just won't make profit what with all the asics and all out there.  Faucets will go much faster. Even if they are tedious.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
March 01, 2016, 04:28:30 PM

I know this is a very noobish question, but... Can i mine with a Dual Core 2.4ghz CPU laptop? I'm only using free bitcoin websites to earn bitcoins and then buy a good computer to invest in bitcoin mining. Also, sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian hehe ._.
no,you can't mine bitcoins with that CPU,even you have higher or better GPU,i dont suggest you to mine with that computer,just love your computer,if that computer enforce to mine bitcoins,it may broken soon,just mine on cloud mining,its lower price and safer than mine bitcoins with minimum specification PC.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2016, 03:14:27 PM

I know this is a very noobish question, but... Can i mine with a Dual Core 2.4ghz CPU laptop? I'm only using free bitcoin websites to earn bitcoins and then buy a good computer to invest in bitcoin mining. Also, sorry for my bad english, i'm brazilian hehe ._.

If what you mean is mining bitcoin it is not possible anymore the difficulty is so high and it;s impossible to do so but you can mine alt coins with a cpu but those are crypto note,I am also minin gwith my spare cpu using minergate and I am mining bytecoin and monero

venan

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

https://dreamtowards.net/?inviter=venan

View Profile
March 02, 2016, 03:22:14 PM

If what you mean is mining bitcoin it is not possible anymore the difficulty is so high and it;s impossible to do so but you can mine alt coins with a cpu but those are crypto note,I am also minin gwith my spare cpu using minergate and I am mining bytecoin and monero

minergate and other soft like this is useless, i tried to mine these altcoins too using my server and when i count, in one month i will get about 4 $. its just funny. forrget about mining with cpu

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:16:29 AM

minergate and other soft like this is useless, i tried to mine these altcoins too using my server and when i count, in one month i will get about 4 $. its just funny. forrget about mining with cpu

well it depend some tiem some good cpu coin emerge and you can have some profit

take "HODL" for example a recent altcoin only minable with cpu, and now it can be sold for at least 10k satoshi, and the block reward is 50, was easy to instamine a bunch of block, so easy profit there
ramesh770

Activity: 96
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 07:19:43 AM

take "HODL" for example a recent altcoin only minable with cpu, and now it can be sold for at least 10k satoshi, and the block reward is 50, was easy to instamine a bunch of block, so easy profit there

Even then the cost of Electricity and maintenance is also high so if you calculated everything then i dont think you will get that much profit from mining, instead you can go for trading in bitcoin or alt coin.
john2231

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 08:23:39 AM

yeah its not profitable and waste of time it can be destroy your cpu. if you want to mine to gain and to have profit its better to wait for halving ends and buy a miner like ant miner s7 so that you can generate bitcoin and its profitable if you wait in halving ended..
Altcoin is the best for trading only not in mining...
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 02:35:13 PM

Even then the cost of Electricity and maintenance is also high so if you calculated everything then i dont think you will get that much profit from mining, instead you can go for trading in bitcoin or alt coin.

electricity does not matter as long as you're making profit, if the coins is profitable you are ok

you should obviously mine only profitable coin...
BigBoom3599

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2016, 05:13:57 PM

I reccomend solo mining HOdl atm, If you're lucky and hit a block you'll earn 2-3$ at current price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: