Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:29:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin get faster transactions like Litecoin?  (Read 3345 times)
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:13:35 AM

They are two completely different cryptocurrencies. You can't just take one part from one of them and put into the other. That's not how it works.
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blue_Tiger73

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:00:25 AM

Noway bitcoin confirmation time is always set at 10 minutes or around 10 minutes. If it can be set lower than block halving will occur to often and people specially miners don't get time to adjust them self with the price and mining reward. This may kill the entire bitcoin network.

Exactly. Some people jus don't understand basic things like this. Your transaction is always going to take this amount of time so get over it. Nothing is going to change.
faridkifly

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:55:53 AM

I know how disappointing it is for having to wait around 15 to 30 minutes for a Bitcoin transaction to get confirmed by the network. But I think faster transactions could be achieved if devs decide to improve the code. Just look at Litecoin, Dogecoin, and Ethereum. They have faster confirmation times and some good features. I have no doubt that Bitcoin will be improved in the near future and it will remain as the top crypto currency.
What do you think about it?  Smiley
yes it's bothering me too.
but if i think logically, bitcoin users is more than litecoin. so it takes longer time for the transaction
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:58:27 AM

No it's perfect as it is. Companies like lightning are creating systems to circumvent waiting for the next block.

AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:07:18 AM

While this is not the main problem. The community seems satisfied with the current speed of transactions and I do not think that on this issue, will be amended to the code in the near future.
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1003

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 09:14:48 AM

I rather choose a secure transaction rather than fast transaction, so I think there's no problem with the transaction speed.

faucet used to be profitable
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 09:22:06 AM

So if we can't change Bitcoin to be faster then what's the chances of it being completely replaced with some alt coin that's 10x faster?

BTCdoctor

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:56:59 PM

I hope it could, because the transaction times are long Sad
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:04:37 PM

It doesn't really matter to me. I'm fine with the way it is right now.
It's faster than a regular bank transaction, I don't see why you guys are complaining about a 10 minute transaction.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:42:46 PM

The confirmation times are not the fastest, I know. But it doesn't really bother me as it some times confirms my transactions within 5 minutes. And some times you have to wait around 30 minutes. Let it be. Nothing will change. Just make sure you add the right amount as fee to make sure your transaction gets confirmend within 2 blocks.
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:40:46 PM

So if we can't change Bitcoin to be faster then what's the chances of it being completely replaced with some alt coin that's 10x faster?

Zero chance. Like it was explained in the video I posted in this thread earlier about the opportunity cost of shorter block intervals.
The block time was carefully chosen for good reasons.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
btckold24

Activity: 434

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 07:30:11 PM

just shows how bad we solid atms / atm cards and other ways to spend bitcoins.
Could you imagine grocery shopping with each person taking 10-15
minutes in line waiting for money to go through.

YOU CAN ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
PLAY or INVEST

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀

Rainbot
Happy Hour
Faucet
Abiky (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:16:23 PM

I know how disappointing it is for having to wait around 15 to 30 minutes for a Bitcoin transaction to get confirmed by the network. But I think faster transactions could be achieved if devs decide to improve the code. Just look at Litecoin, Dogecoin, and Ethereum. They have faster confirmation times and some good features. I have no doubt that Bitcoin will be improved in the near future and it will remain as the top crypto currency.

Bitcoin isn't meant to be an instant transfer. It's meant to be a SAFE one. Think of it as being like virtual gold.

So the slower confirmation time is the safer Bitcoins is? I guess that is better than having faster transactions at the cost of security. If I have to wait 15 minutes or even 30, then I would be patient. I could still pay a higher fee to speed up transactions, but I will stick to wait a little longer. At least it is faster than Banks.  Cheesy

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:45:52 PM

Litecoin solves nothing and will eventually meet the same fate as Bitcoin, but the good news is in Bitcoin we have the best developers in the game therefore the scaling issue is way safer in Bitcoin than in any other cryptocurrency, the rest will (as always) keep imitating Bitcoin if they want to remain relevant.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 10:46:48 PM

Bitcoin isn't meant to be an instant transfer. It's meant to be a SAFE one. Think of it as being like virtual gold.

So the slower confirmation time is the safer Bitcoins is? I guess that is better than having faster transactions at the cost of security. If I have to wait 15 minutes or even 30, then I would be patient. I could still pay a higher fee to speed up transactions, but I will stick to wait a little longer. At least it is faster than Banks.  Cheesy
Bank transactions take more than 24 hours sometimes. They are extremely slow

Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 12:32:13 AM

It's depending with the mining rewards and the miners work online in the near future , if we talk about the transaction's confirmations , because that's in fact the job of miners which they are rewarded about
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:21:25 AM

I rather choose a secure transaction rather than fast transaction, so I think there's no problem with the transaction speed.

I agree, but there are more problems to worry about too, like how much longer can bitcoin provide reliable and somewhat decent transaction speed when more people are getting introduced to bitcoin every day?  If a major country like the US were to fully adopt bitcoin, there would be maxed out blocks all the time and it would take for ever for confirmations to happen.  It's not necessarily a bad thing by any means, as bitcoin can still get the job done... but it just reminds me of dial up internet.  That's the type of speeds we're at right now, and I believe sooner or later we will progress into faster and faster confirmation times that can process tons of transactions per second... technology is exponentially getting better every single day, there's just no denying that.

larem

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:38:00 AM

Bank transactions take more than 24 hours sometimes. They are extremely slow

The reason they take longer is because of how they work. Can't go into all the details without writing a multi-page report but the tl;dr is:

Bank 1 initiates transfer to central banking system
Central banking system initiates transfer to bank 2
Bank 2 accepts transfer

Throughout all of this, many other things are occurring, including verification, logging of all banking data, analyzing for various things (like laundering), and more. It's not as simple as just sending a transaction.

lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 01:39:38 AM

You can't just change that without the price taking a tank it will affect the price massively
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:11:20 AM

I would actually like to have faster Bitcoin confirmation. However, I am also used to this slow confirmation time.

I dont think that Bitcoin will implant a new Core that will have faster transaction. As the developers is really picky about new updates. One update could affect the whole network a lot.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: