Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:39:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If You Won A Million Dollars.. How Much Bitcoin Would You Buy?  (Read 11326 times)
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:45:18 PM

If that happens that I win a million dollars in one night I will just buy 250K dollars worth of bitcoin of 300K.
With that I will just hold it for a long time that the price increase. Of course I will watch if the bitcoin price is good to buy.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nejibens

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:58:15 AM

if i win a million dollars i will buy as much bitcoins as i can and hold it for the price getting high and make then another profit
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 01:17:19 PM

If I won $1.3 billion I would convert it all to bitcoins.

Then buy a large island and turn it into Bitcoin Island.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:23:42 PM

when i read the post, i thought it was talking about the $1.3 billion dollar lottery in the U.S. If i managed to somehow win that lol, i would only end up getting around 500m due to taxes and such and i would spend atleast 50million from that amount on bitcoins. im pretty sure this would cause an uproar in the price aswell.
krunox123

Activity: 756

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2016, 01:25:24 PM

Well, if I won a million dollars, I'd buy $400k worth of Bitcoin and spend the rest of it to buy a new house and anything that I want to buy.
Perhaps, I'll donate some to the charity as well. Smiley

Life sucks.
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:33:33 PM

I would buy 300k worth of bitcoin and with the rest I would buy a house and save the rest.

adibe

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 01:40:05 PM

If i won a million dollars, i will spend my money into bitcoin up to 50% of my money. it's depend though. if the future of bitcoin is quite good. maybe i will invest more in bitcoin.
tn211

Activity: 778

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 02:35:10 PM

I like to gamble, So i would go All-in with bitcoin.
Yes not, 10%, 25% or even 50%.

Best case scenario, a lot of profit.
Worst case scenario, 20-40% loss.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:47:35 PM

One thing i would do besides invest 10% at bitcoin would be with maybe 3 or even 5% of it open a company to make games online based into bitcoin,like travian and others of that type,in the medium time it would became profitable,and would bringing interest into bitcoin.
nerFohanzo

Activity: 631

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:51:25 PM

One thing i would do besides invest 10% at bitcoin would be with maybe 3 or even 5% of it open a company to make games online based into bitcoin,like travian and others of that type,in the medium time it would became profitable,and would bringing interest into bitcoin.

I would not gamble, I would rather prefer to hold my dollars with me until the price of bitcoins fall down, as I don't know when I would win million dollars, but if I win and at the same time the bitcoin value is also in millions then there is no point in buying bitcoins, so for me it totally depends on the value of bitcoins or else I would switch to some other investments where I would get maximum and fixed profits.
andulolika
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1047

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 09:13:28 PM

if you go all in how can the worst lose be 20-40%? Lol rip math

🔥 🔥 🔥  Satochip - Secure the future  🔥 🔥 🔥
⭐️ Hardware wallet on a smartcard | Affordable and easy to use | Open source and community driven | BTC, LTC, BCH (SLP tokens), ETH (ERC-20 tokens)... ⭐️
──WebsiteShop  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Telegram  |  Github──
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 11:55:43 PM

That's a winner mentality really. All points to things doing great this year, so I would probably say fuck it, let's do it, and would go all in, then cash out like 30% after the massive pump that will happen in about June, and buy back even more BTC once the price settles. Repeat this during every big halving pump and end up with more BTC that I could ever count.
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 12:02:59 AM

if you go all in how can the worst lose be 20-40%? Lol rip math

He's thinking that BTC won't all of a sudden collapse. It's not a terrible idea. If you won the million dollars, you didn't really earn it and won't feel too badly if you lost a portion of it in a volatile investment. On the other hand, if BTC price takes off, you'll look like a damn genius!
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:39:39 AM

If I won $1.3 billion I would convert it all to bitcoins.

Then buy a large island and turn it into Bitcoin Island.

The thing is, is that you won't be getting the full 1.3 billion in a lump sum payment form. You have taxes to deal with and the local state tax if their is any (only certain areas have no state tax). You have the option to get pretty close to the full amount if you take the annuity option and get paid a certain amount of the total prize over the course of 30 years... But if you think like me, that's a risk, because who knows what the inflation/economy will be like in 30 years time.

Another problem you would have is actually purchasing that much in a big buy like that. Sure you could maybe wire some money to an exchange, but their would be laws to deal with when buying that much crypto.

mixan
Legendary

Activity: 966

TRUMP IS DOING THE BEST! MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 02:48:43 AM

if I have a lot of money, I would buy 100,000 BTC for long-term investments and for my future when I've retired Cool Cool
Are you sure you would put so much into one thing in one shot? That is not a good thing to do cause if it fails you are up the creek without a paddle.
I wouldn't buy so much as most are collecting bitcoin to cash out in fiat anyways. Unless you are the hardcore enthusiasts saying that bitcoin will never die, and we all know that nothing last forever and is stable in this world. This little thing we call reality does play a role there  Roll Eyes.

The parasite hates three things: free markets, free will, and free men.
avw1982

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 03:24:42 AM

Quote from: Timeline link=topic=1285479.msg13526944#msg13526944 Cool date=1452605613
I would buy 300k worth of bitcoin and with the rest I would buy a house and save the rest.

That's great dude. I will buy 50 bitcoins for my future savings and other money I will invest in my own business to gain the profit. If I have balance more I will buy a house as well.
PantFire

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 06:06:59 AM

I will buy 500k of it .

It is time to raise 
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:29:47 AM

I will buy 500k of it .

It is time to raise 
But if I win millions of dollars, i wont buy BTC actually, rather I will try to keep them as USD and wait for BTC to drop a little bit it seems like so, once it drops, I buy worth 66% of the million dollars I won Grin
stromma44

Activity: 952

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 08:35:58 AM

Quote from: Timeline link=topic=1285479.msg13526944#msg13526944 Cool date=1452605613

That's great dude. I will buy 50 bitcoins for my future savings and other money I will invest in my own business to gain the profit. If I have balance more I will buy a house as well.

50 bitcoins is the good amount to hold as it can be a great future investment, but rest we need to diversify our investments by investing into some other products too, like gold, usd or real estate which can give us good returns in the coming years, relying only on bitcoins won't help so its better we invest into multiple products.
ultrloa
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1229

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 11:36:46 AM

I will buy 500k of it .

It is time to raise 
But if I win millions of dollars, i wont buy BTC actually, rather I will try to keep them as USD and wait for BTC to drop a little bit it seems like so, once it drops, I buy worth 66% of the million dollars I won Grin

If the bitcoin price keeps on rising, you will never buy it and you will miss the future rise of bitcoin. So that is not a good strategy.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████