Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 12:25:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BP] Blockpoker | First Poker-Service Built on Blockchain Technology  (Read 18647 times)
kennenman (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Blockpoker Team | Kenneth | Designer

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 09:01:43 PM

Click on image to see webversion.

Blockpoker Team

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 09:02:15 PM

This is the collective account for the Blockpoker Team | Please use this to contact us

It's been a couple months now since I took over Smartchips, and right then it did not feel that great.
People did not show very much faith, and I can understand it considering the circumstances.
Even though I moved away from Smartchip as the coin, I feel like I have kept my word towards the community, with the distribution model for BP.
(If you was an investor in smartchips, you can swap your SC for BP. 600 million out of 800 million is going towards the Smartchips investors. Swap your coins here.)

It was not easy for me in the start, as I promised to always be honest about the situation my project was in.
Because of it, the enthusiasm was not there, and it was understandable.
That's why I went dark, so I could focus all my energy and focus on establishing a team and start building the client.
From there it took off. Niklas came along and helped me out with development, and he did a great job. I probably wouldnt have been successful if it was not for him.
Dustin also came a long and joined us. He helped Kenneth with the marketing part.
It basically became a two part team, where me and Niklas was working on the client. And Dustin & Kenneth was taking care of the website, graphics and putting together a solid plan for when the client was ready.

They have more then filled my expectations with the website and everything else they have been cooking together, but even if my faith is there. It could never hurt with more help.
So if you want to take part in our project and help us out, please share the video under here to your non-crypto fans and share the flyer to your crypto friends.

Kevin
Main Developer

[Advertisment Video]
https://vimeo.com/147887130

[Distribution Week | Flyer]
http://imgur.com/uU2htlF
HardForkComing

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:03:16 PM

Looks really nice I must say. Checking out the site Smiley
bob.the.builder

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:05:33 PM

Holy crap this looks good. This is worth my research.
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 09:09:54 PM

lol dude, try harder with your newbie shill accounts Smiley

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:11:02 PM

I was just about to say..

twitter @antiiclimax
jaxxx

Activity: 159

Well fuck you then.

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:17:16 PM

I got involved when a couple scammers started smartchips and took me and some other guys for a lot of money.
Then kevin & Kenneth came along and took over the project with zero promises a couple months ago.
They went dark after a little while and I thought that was that, but so glad to see that you guys have actually pulled through!!!

My faith as been a little bit restored in this scene now, and glad I held my chips even if you guys went dark.
Now I can participate in the distribution week.

And if you ever need help with something (not development, I am no developer), I will do whatever I can to help out.

Time to jaxxx it up.
bob.the.builder

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:19:28 PM

So because I expressed my opinion on their project/design I am shill?
What a lovely forum, guess I am not welcome here.
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:22:18 PM

interesting, i'm keeping an eye on this. not sure about the whole smartchips thing though, since i'm not a smartchips bagholder lol. but seriously i keep thinking you may have inflated the coin supply just to satisfy the people holding smartchips

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
HardForkComing

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:22:41 PM

I'm not an alt, but I really like the site lol. It has some downloads, not sure if that's safe or not.
Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 09:32:03 PM

interesting, i'm keeping an eye on this. not sure about the whole smartchips thing though, since i'm not a smartchips bagholder lol. but seriously i keep thinking you may have inflated the coin supply just to satisfy the people holding smartchips

Thanks for your interest.

Could you be a little more specific about that issue?
Because I don't really see a benefit to inflating the coin supply to satisfy people holding smartchips.

If BP had the exact same amount as Smartchips, they could switch for 1:1. Now they can switch 1:545.
In fact, people holding smartchips could argue that we have taken some coins away from them since 200 million is going to distribution week and funding the BP | Bank.
But I would be shocked if anyone did so, I think everybody understand the importance of this.

Now, back to the coin supply.
The only reason we have made it much bigger is to fit better with the poker aspect. Where 1.5 million would be very very little.
In fact, I wanted the coin amount to be higher, but I lost that debate  Cheesy
kindcrypto

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 09:51:49 PM

Need to do more research before commenting fully on this.
However, the blockpoker website is by far the best designed and informative website for a brand new coin I have ever seen.
Showing me that you guys have put some serious effort into this.
There is also a huge need for a pokerservice built on blockchain technology, so there is some opportunity here.

Will research the team & the history behind this a little more before I can put my money on you guys.
But a long time since I have felt this kind of excitement for a altcoin project before. So 1+.

And to those over me calling people shills, go home.
Isnt it allow to compliment people when they have done a good job on something?
All I see is people showing interest over this and saying they have a made a nice website.
If you disagree and don't like it, or dont see a point about a decentralized pokerservice. Feel free to debate, but come on, this forum has so much negativity.
Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2015, 10:43:02 PM

loving the enthusiasm. But im a little confused.

Where is the BP coin, like where can I buy? Bittrex, poloniex, c-cex etc..
What's this about a smartchips takeover?
If there is no rake, what do you guys earn by this?
Sorry if I am a little bit slow  Cheesy

Nono, you are not slow! Thanks for your interest Sasha.
We have tried to be as clear as possible about all, but I understand it can be little bit hard grasp the whole history.

Let me try my best to explain Smiley

BP will come when the poker-service comes online. (When the download page gets active, which happens first day of 2016)
We will then contact those exchanges you have listed and chose one to be our official exchange. (I would think everybody would like to add us after they have tried our technology for themselves)
You can then buy from that one, or you can buy from the BP | Bank, which will also get active first day of 2016.

That's what makes Blockpoker groundbreaking, the rake aspect.
While we don't make any money from it, the BP | Bank will be able to make us some kind of money if we go really big. Right now we only have 1% fee, but it may increase to 2-3% when we have a large base.
In addition, the team get's 80 million BP to start of funding the bank and to pay back the expenses the team has had + the future expenses we will run into, like advertising.

Let me know if you have anything more to ask and I'll be happy to answer them.

- Kevin
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
December 12, 2015, 11:44:34 PM

interesting...
anticlimax
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 12:34:50 AM

However, the blockpoker website is by far the best designed and informative website for a brand new coin I have ever seen.
There is also a huge need for a pokerservice built on blockchain technology, so there is some opportunity here.

Will research the team & the history behind this a little more before I can put my money on you guys.
But a long time since I have felt this kind of excitement for a altcoin project before. So 1+.

All I see is people showing interest over this and saying they have a made a nice website.
If you disagree and don't like it, or dont see a point about a decentralized pokerservice. Feel free to debate, but come on, this forum has so much negativity.

Ocminer is solid in opinion and reputation.

Come back in three years.

twitter @antiiclimax
bluedeep
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 01:18:44 AM

Ocminer is solid in opinion and reputation.

Come back in three years.
touched  Grin

||
IDO PARTNER
▄▄▄▀▀▀██▄▄
████▀▀░▀███
███▌████▐███
███▌████████▌
███▌█████████
███▌█████████
███▌████▐███▌
▄▄▄▄▄█▀░███▀
▀▀██▀▄██▀▀
DAOStarter
IEO PARTNER
▄███▄
▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
██░░░░░░▀▀
██░░▀██▄▄░░
▀██▄▄▀▀██▄
░░▀▀██▄░░██
▄▄░░░░░░██
▀██▄▄▄▄██▀
▀███▀
Coinstore
LISTING
██▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀█
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▐▐▌
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▌█
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄
███▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▀█▐▌
██▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄░░▐██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█▄▀
░▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

▄███▄░▄███▄
▄██████████▄
▄█████████████▄
▄███████████████▄
▀███████████████▀
BitMart
MEXC
DEX PARTNERS

░▀▄░█▀▀▄▄▄
░▀▄▀████▀███▄
██▀██████▄▄▄▄▀
███░░▀████▀▀██▄
▄█████████░█▄░▀
█▀█▄███▀▀█████
▀▀▀░▀█▀▀▄████
██████▀░▀▄

█████▄▄▄▄▀
██▄▀█████▀░░▄▄
░▀█▄████▀███▄▀▀
▀█▄▀▀█▀█▀▄░▀████▀
█▄██▄░▀▄▀▄▀██▀▀
██▀▀
UNISWAP
LobsterSwap
Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 03:39:47 AM

Just want to add a little thank you for all the positive feedback that have been posted. It feels very good, and I hope with all my heart that what I have built will live up to the expectations Smiley

Don't forget to follow us on Twitter & Facebook.

Kevin
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 02:36:15 PM

Really excited about this project. I am a former poker player and will for sure give this site a go on the launch day.
Decentralized poker+ zero rake is huge.

I have one question about the BP Bank. Why did you choose to offer a fixed value for BP coins?
This leads to two problems. If the price on exchanges is lower than 100 sat per coin people will just buy coins from the exchanges instead of BP Bank making you lose on the fees. On the other hand if BlockPoker gets really big the value of Bpcoins can't go higher than 100 sat a coin because of the fixed value.

I would personally like to see BP Bank to follow exchange prices so we could avoid these two problems.

Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 05:37:51 PM

Really excited about this project. I am a former poker player and will for sure give this site a go on the launch day.
Decentralized poker+ zero rake is huge.

I have one question about the BP Bank. Why did you choose to offer a fixed value for BP coins?
This leads to two problems. If the price on exchanges is lower than 100 sat per coin people will just buy coins from the exchanges instead of BP Bank making you lose on the fees. On the other hand if BlockPoker gets really big the value of Bpcoins can't go higher than 100 sat a coin because of the fixed value.

I would personally like to see BP Bank to follow exchange prices so we could avoid these two problems.

Thanks for your interest Timeline, and great that you are ready to play! I know it's new years and the days after can have some busy days.
But I will encourage you to make as much time as possible to play in our distribution week (1-7Jan), where we will be distributing 120 million BP to those that sit and play at our tables.

Now, that's an excellent questions which I actually hoped someone would ask. I'll try to explain this method we have chosen as best as possible.

A big problem with altcoins (even bitcoin) is the volatility, which I think most of us in here will agree on.
So that was always in the teams heads when we were forming everything around Blockpoker.
We decided on a fixed value in the BP Bank for that specific problem. It will keep the stability to our currency. Which is very important in every currency, but maybe ever more important for the poker concept.
Nobody want's to deposit 100$ worth of BP, sit down and triple your BP and then realize you only get 250$ back when withdrawing because the value of the currency has gone down.
This fixed value will create a high stability on the market, making players able to withdraw the same worth as they put in.

There is other concerns here, which you address yourself. If Blockpoker gets such a large base that the demand for BP becomes to high for the bank to handle.
That's why the 100 sat fixed value is not set in stone, it can be changed. If the BP Bank experiences to much demand in BP, price will be set up. If it experiences to much demand in Bitcoin withdraws, price will be set down. (But with low amounts to keep stability, 10% up/down or so, those values will need to be perfected when the time comes.)
And the market will then follow the values that gets set to some degree.
You may ask what's even the point with trading BP on the market. But I would say that there is a huge reason to trade BP on the market when we become so big that the things above apply. Traders would trade on how they believe Blockpoker is doing (Is there a rise in players, or a decline?), and if they are right, the profit will come when the Bank raise/lower the value. It will be much more like the real world, and not surrounding the usual crypto pumps & dumps we all have witnessed countless times.

Now, this method is something we believe will be very successful. However, it's not set in stone and we could change the bank to follow the market.
It would be wonderful to have a debate around this current topic, so if you have some points and opinions you would like to put forward, I encourage you to do so.

Hope I explained myself alraight Timeline, if something is unclear or you have counterpoints please come with it Smiley

Kevin
Depredation

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 05:47:31 PM

So you are giving out free BP on Jan 1, do people have to win at poker to receive coins or are you giving them out? What's stopping multiple wallets getting more than one person?
And I'm definitely joining on Jan 1  Grin 

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀