Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:37:47 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If bitcoin is worth $10.000, will fiat be worthless?
Yes - 46 (11.2%)
No - 364 (88.8%)
Total Voters: 410

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin price is $10.000, will fiat be worthless?  (Read 145011 times)
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:19:18 PM

No, you still need some fiat to value the price of BTC.  I mean, how is there any value in BTC being 10000$ when there are no $ ( or are worthless)
shanem
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 03:27:33 PM

Did fiat become worthless when bitcoin price was over $1,000? No, fiat is still around the same. People who bought cheap bitcoins benefited from the rise in the value.

█           
           ██           
          ██████         
         ████████         
        ██████████       
       ████████████       
      ██████████████     
     ████████████████     
    ██████████████████   
   ████████████████████   
  ██████████▀▀██████████ 
 ███▀▄████▀    ▀████▄▀███
██▀ ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄ ▀██

░▄███████████▄░░░▄███████████▄░░▄███▄░░░░░░▄███▄░░▄██████████▄░░░████████████████░░░░██████████░░░░███████████████░░█████████████████
█████░░░░░░░███░████▀░░░░░▀████░█████▄░░░░▄█████░███▀░░░░░░▀███░███░░░░████░░░███░░███░░░░░░░░██░░███░░░░░░░░░░░███░███████░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████░▀█████▄░░▄█████▀░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░████░░███░░░███░░░██░░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░░████░░▀█████░░█████▀░░███░░░░░░░░███░███░░░░███░░░███░░░███░░████░░███░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░████░░░░░░█████░░░▀████▄▄████▀░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███░███░░░░███░░███░░░░██░░░████░░███░███░░░░░░░░░░███▀░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░▀████████▀░░░░████████████▀░░███░░░░░░░░░███░░░███░░░████░░░██░███░░░█████████░░░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░████▄░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░███░░░███░░██░░░░░░░░░░░██░███░░░░░░░░░░███▄░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
█████░░░░░░░███░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░███░██░░░░████░░░░█░███░░░█████▄░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
███████████████░████░░░░░░░█████░░░░████████░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░███░░░░████░░░░██░██░░░██████░░░█░███░░░██████░░███░░░░░███░░░░██░░░░
░▀███████████▀░░░███░░░░░░░████░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░████████████████░███████████████░░███████████████░░░░░░█████████░░░░
|
▂▃▅ Quick buy and sell bitcoins online. Fast and secure ▅▃▂
Facebook】【Twitter】【Telegram】【Medium】【Instagram
|
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 06:28:49 PM

bitcoin will never be able to suck all the fiat money, they can just print more without problem

also fiat is already worthless, but you're obligated to use it for the majority of things

if you mean collapsed, i don't think so

It's not worthless simply because people accept it. If someone gave you 1 million dollars you wouldn't say "no thanks, this is worthless". So that's the point. Even if the system is rigged, people all over the world recognize the dollar, so as long as people recognize it and use and accept it, it's going to have value.

When BTC is 10K each, it just means you can buy the same you would be able to buy 10K dollars, that's all.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 3022

BTC price road to $80k

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2015, 06:35:00 PM

fiat cannot be worthless because fiats is our main money. Bitcoins is just a ecurrency.
And im agree to AtheistAKASaneBrain

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Hashminers

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:20:13 PM

Well I like fiat I have work it for years, but I like bitcoin more. Fiat is our money for now is th emost use and populair.
SO it is not worthless we still need it.
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:45:03 PM

I didnt agree with this because bitcoin will not becoming a global currency and fiat still will be number one currency you will use in your life
BTCRoyal

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

Early Bitcoin Supporter

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 01:28:40 AM

I am going to say this.

Everything plays into everything. If the fiat and the economy, allow for bitcoin to, at some point, be worth $10,000 at that point in time fiat, would have already been, or would then be, worthless.
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:17:51 AM

I do not think so. For fiat to be worthless, you need to be able to buy everything with Bitcoin. Right now, most things you can only buy with fiat. That is the way I see it.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:35:17 AM

fiat cannot be worthless because fiats is our main money. Bitcoins is just a ecurrency.

This is true, the main currency in your country will always be worth something at least it should be worth something to you. Since the governments are in control of it, you're still going to have to pay with the main currency, which you can't always do with bitcoin as it's not accepted everywhere.

ultimatesky

Activity: 714

SkyFall

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:55:12 AM

No it will not be worthless. The main reason because of this, is because the governments are controlling what they accept as currency in that country. You're still going to need to exchange if you're going grocery shopping or whatever.
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:56:35 AM

This is true, the main currency in your country will always be worth something at least it should be worth something to you. Since the governments are in control of it, you're still going to have to pay with the main currency, which you can't always do with bitcoin as it's not accepted everywhere.

When they are still governments in the world fiat will be always be worth it. Bitcoin is just a way to have if you want to make some profit. Even the price of bitcoin 10.000 if there is no fiat how much bitcoin is worth than?
angaper

Activity: 966
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:10:03 AM

While the USA holds its great influence in the worldwide economy, the greenback will keep a great value into the international trade. I can't see a near scenario where fiat, especially the dollar, become less relevant than bitcoin.
Nameless Coin

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:31:39 AM

While the USA holds its great influence in the worldwide economy, the greenback will keep a great value into the international trade. I can't see a near scenario where fiat, especially the dollar, become less relevant than bitcoin.

Very true the government won't just make fiat the worthless thing ever, maybe in 100 years will just replace it, but I don't it will happen.
With bitcoin we need those fiat money to see what the value is.
Rizky Aditya

Activity: 700

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:48:20 AM

bitcoin will never be able to suck all the fiat money, they can just print more without problem

also fiat is already worthless, but you're obligated to use it for the majority of things

if you mean collapsed, i don't think so

Bitcoin will always be worth something to some people. Not everyone is going to switch to Bitcoin, so fiat is always going to be worth something.
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 11:00:43 AM

In one of the topics I read "If bitcoin will reach $10.000, fiat currency has become worthless"
Do you agree with this statement?

There are many stocks that go up this high and dont create a big impact on the market. Fiat will be worthless when 1 bitcoin is worth unlimited fiat.  But i think if we started to hit $50k+ things will get interesting.
nekochan05
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:14:06 PM

even bitcoin reach to $10.000, fiat currency can't become worthless, because government will stop it before it was happened to fiat currency, maybe government will give rules for use bitcoin in their country.

██████████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████▄█████▄
█████████████████▄        ▄███▌ ▐███▄        ▄██
███████████████▐███▄    ▄█████████████▄    ▄███▌
█████████████████████▄ ▀███  █████  ███▀ ▄█████
████████████████▐██████▄ ▀███████████▀ ▄██████▌
█████████████████████████▄ ▀██▌ ▐██▀ ▄████████
█████████████████▐█████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████████▌

█████████████████████████████████████████████
Primedice
▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Home of the High Rollers
▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀.Creators.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
Most Popular Bitcoin Gambling Site
.of Dicing.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████████████████████▄█████▄
█████████████████▄        ▄███▌ ▐███▄        ▄██
███████████████▐███▄    ▄█████████████▄    ▄███▌
█████████████████████▄ ▀███  █████  ███▀ ▄█████
████████████████▐██████▄ ▀███████████▀ ▄██████▌
█████████████████████████▄ ▀██▌ ▐██▀ ▄████████
█████████████████▐█████████▄ ▀███▀ ▄█████████▌

█████████████████████████████████████████████
Primedice
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:13:20 PM

even bitcoin reach to $10.000, fiat currency can't become worthless, because government will stop it before it was happened to fiat currency, maybe government will give rules for use bitcoin in their country.

I agree, I also think that when bitcoin will become worth above $10.000, that a lot of countries will start to ban bitcoin and make it illegal in their countries.
They wouldn't like for every other person to suddenly become a millionaire. It's either that or they will start raising taxes on bitcoin as well. Most certainly both.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:30:20 PM

Governments around the world have already activated rules and policies regarding Bitcoin usage and trading. Bitcoin here is seen as part of my wealth, which means I have to pay tax over it.
ThunderThomas

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 05:33:09 PM

Nope, for as long as governments and corporate companies are in control of the main currency, fiat will never be worthless. As long as bitcoin hasn't adapted all over the world and you are not able to pay with it everywhere, we're all still going to need fiat.

sishendaoye

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:25:32 PM

Fiat is always be there you like or not you will need fiat until you die.
With out it we don't know what the price of bitcoin will have been. So I think fiat money wont be worthless after all.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: