Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:01:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If bitcoin is worth $10.000, will fiat be worthless?
Yes - 46 (11.2%)
No - 364 (88.8%)
Total Voters: 410

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin price is $10.000, will fiat be worthless?  (Read 145011 times)
reputedchain

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:02:02 AM

I don't see fiat going anywhere even if the value of btc reaches to 1 million people would still continue to use fiat, as there are many people who knows only to use fiat and no other currency.

Yes that is mostly the case with traditional people who believes in using traditional currency and for them accepting bitcoin as a currency is hard to believe.

That's true they don't want to experiment with their money, and we respect their feeling as its their hard earned money and they don't want to loose it simply by investing into something they are not aware about.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
panju1
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:22:29 PM

I don't see fiat going anywhere even if the value of btc reaches to 1 million people would still continue to use fiat, as there are many people who knows only to use fiat and no other currency.

Government servants will be paid only in fiat. As long as there is government, you can't wish away fiat.
I don't see any nation/government adopting bitcoin as the official currency.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 04:52:30 PM

Yes that is mostly the case with traditional people who believes in using traditional currency and for them accepting bitcoin as a currency is hard to believe.

That's true they don't want to experiment with their money, and we respect their feeling as its their hard earned money and they don't want to loose it simply by investing into something they are not aware about.

the average person only trusts something from the bank or the goverment. these people will most likely never change their mind as banks and goverments don't always talk good about bitcoin as currency. in the news bitcoin is 95% of the times only mentioned when something bad has happened. it's not that surprising that people hold back. they are brainwashed.
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:00:18 PM

But Fiat always will decrease in value, so is our buypower with it.

That is why if you put your money in a savings account with like 2-4% interest.
You will gain money but the value and buypower of your money has decreased.

And Bitcoin it is rare only 21 million people can have 1 bitcoin, so the value will increase cause of it's scarcity.
Compare it to fiat the value will decrease like 6-8% a year
jokerrj

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:37:27 PM

Fiat would always exist, its not that easy to disappear it, as people are using it since a long period of time, there are many people who will continue to use fiat in future too.

Looking for a long term signature campaign. Pm me
kartaggen

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:22:28 AM

Fiat would always exist, its not that easy to disappear it, as people are using it since a long period of time, there are many people who will continue to use fiat in future too.

Yes people will use both fiat and bitcoins in future, but the majority of them would be dependent on fiat, as they find it easy and convenient to use.
Windpower

Activity: 532
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 10:55:07 AM

No one can tell you an answer to that at this time. You have to wait until it reaches that price to find out.
masyari

Activity: 331
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:12:41 AM

No one can tell you an answer to that at this time. You have to wait until it reaches that price to find out.
but we can predict from now. if it happens of course everyone will use bitcoin,then fiat will be worthless
kacak41

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 27, 2016, 11:21:56 AM

but we can predict from now. if it happens of course everyone will use bitcoin,then fiat will be worthless

Fiat cannot be worthless in future even the bitcoin reaches to the moon, as we also need many users who starts using bitcoin and also many shops that accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment.
Fidemoga

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:35:50 AM

Fiat cannot be worthless in future even the bitcoin reaches to the moon, as we also need many users who starts using bitcoin and also many shops that accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment.

If the bitcoin and other digital currencies are really useful, the use of fiat will be less and less. They might still exist.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 08:45:56 AM

If the bitcoin and other digital currencies are really useful, the use of fiat will be less and less. They might still exist.

Fiat won't be gone,  that's for sure, won't it be cool and good to see if we see integration between fiat and digital currency/bitcoin? I think that would be very cool to see a market vendor accepting fiat and at the same time accepting bitcoin as an alternative payment...  Smiley
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 09:42:22 AM

$ 10,000 per bitcoin. it's very high mate. I'll make sure it will not happen, imagine $ dollar is the currency most high (besides poundterling). only discount the value 1:10.000 by bitcoin. what about other currencies?
other currency would not be useful
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:11:35 AM

basically the contrary of what you see now with fiat and bitcoin, fiat will be a niche market and bitcoin and other crypto a big market

i could see small country starting their own currency but still centralize with the benefit of the blockchain
jt byte

Activity: 994

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 11:38:28 AM

$ 10,000 per bitcoin. it's very high mate. I'll make sure it will not happen, imagine $ dollar is the currency most high (besides poundterling). only discount the value 1:10.000 by bitcoin. what about other currencies?
other currency would not be useful

There is no fixed rate was to when or where fiat will become worthless.
Even if bitcoin reached 100k per coin, fiat would still be in existence. Simply because there is demand for it.

Can't find a legit reason to replace fiat btw.
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:31:30 PM

Fiat won't be gone, that's for sure, won't it be cool and good to see if we see integration between fiat and digital currency/bitcoin? I think that would be very cool to see a market vendor accepting fiat and at the same time accepting bitcoin as an alternative payment... smile emotikon
but with a high price, it certainly will not be able to survive fiat against bitcoin, everyone will be using bitcoin, we would be happy if they could share. bitcoin payment option of fiat it better. moreover the price of $ 10k/btc will not happen ‪#‎imo‬
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 03:58:45 PM

I can't see fiat dying in the short term but it might be replaced with digital fiat. Governments and banks will always want to have the huge slice of the pie but I do believe Bitcoin is paving the way for alternative assets and currencies to have a prominent place in people's lives as we move forward and advance technologically.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
socks435
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1030

Privacy is always important

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 04:51:03 PM

I can't see fiat dying in the short term but it might be replaced with digital fiat. Governments and banks will always want to have the huge slice of the pie but I do believe Bitcoin is paving the way for alternative assets and currencies to have a prominent place in people's lives as we move forward and advance technologically.
No it will not happen in the future fiat is always fiat and fiat is our main money that we use in so many years..
Fiat is not worthless because we need a physical money unlike bitcoin is just a part of technology that you can generate bitcoin via mining..
Is just like the same as gold that we need to mine but the difference bitcoin is online and gold can be mine in some countries..

Solving blocks can't be solved without my rigs.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 05:45:47 PM

No it will not happen in the future fiat is always fiat and fiat is our main money that we use in so many years..
Fiat is not worthless because we need a physical money unlike bitcoin is just a part of technology that you can generate bitcoin via mining..
Is just like the same as gold that we need to mine but the difference bitcoin is online and gold can be mine in some countries..

I agree that bitcoin can never replace fiat currency because bitcoin will never be accepted as local currency of any country unless a new country is created but bitcoin will surely overtake these credit cards and other digital currencies but cannot replace fiat currency but the good news for bitcoin users is that bitcoin is getting stability now a days.
Zaun

Activity: 770

Forza Roma

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:55:14 PM

Nothing can make fiat dissapear.
Not bitcoin, not creditcard or even the banks.
People need fiat because many shops make it convenient to pay with fiat.
phibay

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2016, 06:58:19 PM

i don't think so. fiat is fiat and bitcoin is bitcoin. bitcoin won't replace fiat either but bitcoin do have a great future, still fiat is there and still usable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: