Bitcoin Forum
June 11, 2024, 04:59:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If bitcoin is worth $10.000, will fiat be worthless?
Yes - 46 (11.2%)
No - 364 (88.8%)
Total Voters: 410

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin price is $10.000, will fiat be worthless?  (Read 145009 times)
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 06:14:35 PM

Fiat will always be in demand and it won't care where bitcoin reaches in the future, people who are comfortable using fiat will use fiat only and not bitcoin.

In whatever way bitcoin is spread, it wont completely reach the entire population. So some don't care of bitcoin, they'll just use the fiat.

Yes people who find it easy to use fiat will only use fiat and people who loves bitcoin will use bitcoin but that doesn't mean people will stop using fiat.
JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 09:45:31 PM

Fiat will always be in demand and it won't care where bitcoin reaches in the future, people who are comfortable using fiat will use fiat only and not bitcoin.

In whatever way bitcoin is spread, it wont completely reach the entire population. So some don't care of bitcoin, they'll just use the fiat.

Yes people who find it easy to use fiat will only use fiat and people who loves bitcoin will use bitcoin but that doesn't mean people will stop using fiat.

Yeah even if the value of bitcoin is in millions we will find many users using fiat, as if they are not aware what is bitcoin then we cannot expect them to start using bitcoin.
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:27:16 AM

No doubt about that.. those old people who are using fiat and don't want to open up to new technology would always use fiat, even us, who are collecting bitcoin, we still have that instinct to convert our coins into fiat when the price is good..so never that fiat will be worthless even when the price of bitcoin worth thousands..
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 07:20:50 AM

but if bitcoin prices become very high. bitcoin will certainly become popular then many people would be interested in trying bitcoin I'm sure of it.
but I think as gold. bitcoin will still be commodities or payment option.
Fiat will remain worthwhile
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1101

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 03:52:12 PM

but if bitcoin prices become very high. bitcoin will certainly become popular then many people would be interested in trying bitcoin I'm sure of it.

If bitcoin prices will go high then also people will convert it to fiat to hold more amount of fiat which will take their buying power to a higher level.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 06:42:54 PM

If bitcoin prices will go high then also people will convert it to fiat to hold more amount of fiat which will take their buying power to a higher level.

Yeah fiat will always exist and people who don't have knowledge about bitcoin they will use fiat or credit card but they will never use bitcoin.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 07:28:27 PM

No as not everybody uses it yet, so why would fiat ever be worthless. This would only happen if the country itself goes down in ruin. They are connected to each other. A country and it's currency. It is like it's symbiote, one can't live without the other.
Yes for each country their currency is their living symbol. Bitcoin can only capture those countries and replace their currency which are made ruined by one or another and are re-established by a bitcoin supporter.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
gerXhonza

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 10:04:24 PM

I think fiat will always be used by the majority of the people as bitcoin is really very new to maximum of them and it will take time for them to adopt it as a currency.
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:14:51 PM

That value i believe is out of the range of bitcoin,for real.If bitcoin achieve the 2000 dollars over the next 20 years i believe it will be already a huge value of bitcoin,since i dont believe bitcoin will be able to reach mainstream soo soon.Bitcoin for some its just a toy investment opportunity ,soo as long as it keeps volatil the money will be with bitcoin .Fiat system werent made yesterday soo its something that will be here till they advance to the digital time.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:09:37 AM

Yeah fiat will always exist and people who don't have knowledge about bitcoin they will use fiat or credit card but they will never use bitcoin.

If they don't get any information about how much better Bitcoin can be for them, then indeed, it won't happen. Education is the key to getting the average joe to dump their worthless debit cards where they are only building up more and more debt.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:08:02 PM

No as not everybody uses it yet, so why would fiat ever be worthless. This would only happen if the country itself goes down in ruin. They are connected to each other. A country and it's currency. It is like it's symbiote, one can't live without the other.

Yeah bitcoin will occupy if it's rate goes that. Fiat is also worth but it will be acts like altcoin only.
But I think bitcoin will not make fiat worthless as the price you have stated for bitcoin is because of fiat. The fact is that bitcoin will achieve some high value. Think positive so you will get the answer. In my view both will exist and will be more worth.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 10:36:23 PM

They will reach all population of the world. Try to imagine bitcoin as a fiat. Fiat is well known money. Bitcoin might go there too if our technology will concquer all places of the world
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 05:09:51 AM

yeah however high the price of bitcoin as in the last 3 years. when the price reached $1,200 it was really a very high price. but everyone does not care much about that. they are still using fiat
unless bitcoin becomes popular or mainstream. maybe I'll see a lot of people using bitcoin
phreaky

Activity: 546

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 09:36:09 AM

Of course it will not because you can also see that the price is rising very slowly and it is almost impossible to reach that high value.
I hope later that there will be more people that also use some Bitcoin and that they have some profit. But it wont reach that value.
HeroCat

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:45:16 PM

How can you use BTC in any ATM, if BTC transfer can be for hours or so, the same with online shopping  Wink
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 03:56:39 PM

No converting to dollars now will happen so definitely if the bitcoin price will reach by $10,000. Dollar will be weak that time and it will only cost a cents in real world. Damn useless. So others will not go into dollar anymore. Now can't make more money now thru exchange trading from usd to btc.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:08:33 PM

The actual fact is that every nation has its own currency and they love their currency and work for its establishment, so they will stay will their currency and will use bitcoin as a side currency.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:13:14 PM

The actual fact is that every nation has its own currency and they love their currency and work for its establishment, so they will stay will their currency and will use bitcoin as a side currency.

If anything that side currency, is just something they can trade back to other foreign currency.

Which acts more of a debt prevention, since its being universally shown value.

Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:37:25 PM

A fiat will never be worthless as long as people think this way "I'll sell my bitcoin to fiat when the value of it increase" It will never be worthless if people still give importance to fiat.
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 10:40:39 PM

Bitcoin has and will have it own value, the higher the number of coins on the market is the less the price will be increased rapidly, but i don't think that the fiat will be worthless because there are much more fiat money than bitcoin which is limited to max of 21 million coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: