Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:48:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin, dogecoin, and litecoin the same ??  (Read 8387 times)
mirana12345

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

PM me to buy traffic for your site!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:02:09 AM

The difference between those coins is huge... the hashing algorithm is just an anecdote. DOGE and LTC are just imitations of BTC with small differences to try to justify its existence. Ultimately they are in my book pretty worthless. Most alts are a waste of time and money.

All altcoin are a waste of money in the long run. They were just created to sucker bitcoins from people with pumps and dumps, and fake expectiations.
Do you remember that doge was supposed to be limited by number? Do you remember how ltc was supposed to be asic proof ?
All altcoins are scam coins in a way, or will soon become one. Only bitcoin has real integrity, security and trust of the community.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:41:32 AM

Bitcoin is far better than litecoin and dogecoin. It is supposed to be the most used cryptocoins among other coins out there. Go for bitcoin, there are also lots of merchants who accept bitcoin rather than doge and lite.

How do you guys define better?

Is it just because it's more used?

What about different technologies that offer better transaction speeds, such as Dash and others?

no not because it's more used, otherwise one can say that fiat is better than bitcoin...

it's because they still pure clone, they only add 1 features that bitcoin miss, but can always be added in the future with sidechain for example
Vixmore

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:49:13 AM

All altcoin are a waste of money in the long run. They were just created to sucker bitcoins from people with pumps and dumps, and fake expectiations.
Do you remember that doge was supposed to be limited by number? Do you remember how ltc was supposed to be asic proof ?
All altcoins are scam coins in a way, or will soon become one. Only bitcoin has real integrity, security and trust of the community.

Not necessarily. All altcoin can try some new features. If they are successful, bitcoin can implement that.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 03:35:08 PM

There are many innovative alternative cryptocurrencies. However I would not consider either Litecoin or Dogecoin to be one of them.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:28:28 PM

Altcoins like dogecoin and litecoin prosper because of bitcoin. They haven't got any juice so to say.
Dogecoin has a big community but that community is getting smaller by the day. It reflects in the price. You can speculate on those coins, but speculation with altcoin is quite risky,
so be carefull.

HostSurf

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:33:36 PM

I won't advice to buy litecoin or dogecoin. They are alts with little to no innovation. No innovation means no new investors, because investors don't waste money on crappy companies/coins that don't think ahead.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:53:09 PM

Alternative cryptocurrencies are an important extension of the ethos of Bitcoin itself. It is these altcoins that actually guaranty the success of the cryptocurrency revolution. The possibility exists that Bitcoin is flawed, and that the solutions to this flaw have already been implemented in an altcoin, whether it be incentivized nodes, anonymity, proof of stake, governance, incentive or the economic policy, we do not know. Bitcoin is unprecedented in history, nobody really knows where this is going end. I believe in Bitcoin I really do, though even if it fulfills our greatest dreams there will still be a place in the world for altcoins. Not everyone always agrees, we should embrace that, having multiple cryptocurrencies embodies this spirit of freedom.
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:01:52 PM

There are many innovative alternative cryptocurrencies. However I would not consider either Litecoin or Dogecoin to be one of them.
Well at one time they were innovative: algorithms and special marketing and speed of transaction. Although of course now it does not look so revolutionary.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:41:46 PM

Litecoin has a faster transaction time, and dogecoin has a larger max coin amount, but bitcoin is the one and only. The original. It has a big community and a (almost) flawless ecosystem.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 12:18:07 AM

Litecoin has a faster transaction time, and dogecoin has a larger max coin amount, but bitcoin is the one and only. The original. It has a big community and a (almost) flawless ecosystem.

Their larger max coin amount are compensated by their low rate, though. Lets say that there are 1 million doge to be distributed and there are only 1000 btc to be distributed, the amount of btc:doge exchange rate is still 1 btc for 1000 doge, even less. So i think its not really a good point of difference for doge. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still new to altcoin world and this is just my opinion from a few weeks trying dogecoin.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:44:44 AM

innovative is an hyperbole, they just add one feature, like monero, ethereum also does not add anything as a currency, the platform on the other hand is interesting, but they could use bitcoin for it

the mini blockchain altcoin(kryptocoin) was interesting though
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:10:54 PM

Its not same, has a different founder different prices and a slightly different technology. Cheesy

If in real world Bitcoin is like a Gold and Litecoin is a Silver. Cheesy
And for dogecoin don't you imagine. Cheesy

Dogecoins were once mentioned to be brass, but they are nothing nowadays...
It's being considered as scam these days, but Litecoins, as said is a different hashing algorithm that takes different technology scrypt in order to get into existence, while BTC uses SHA256 which many are familiar with...

sikari

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 04:00:30 PM

If you are looking to grow your Bitcoin you have to join a MMM Global where you can earn unto 100% per month. Over 140million members world wide and growing. PM me or ask me how you can do the same or open the website link on the left.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:16:44 PM

If you are looking to grow your Bitcoin you have to join a MMM Global where you can earn unto 100% per month. Over 140million members world wide and growing. PM me or ask me how you can do the same or open the website link on the left.
Beware MMM Global is a ponzi scheme, you have been warned.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:18:33 PM

innovative is an hyperbole, they just add one feature, like monero, ethereum also does not add anything as a currency, the platform on the other hand is interesting, but they could use bitcoin for it

the mini blockchain altcoin(kryptocoin) was interesting though
Innovation is not hyperbole. I would consider both Monero and Ethereum to be innovative projects. Which can not and arguably should not be implemented into Bitcoin, this is especially true for Monero.
Nimbulan

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:12:26 PM

its most definitely not the same thing and never will be the whole system that those currencies are created on are different as far as im aware and because of that they cant be the same thing besides this fact the value of those coins are very different what means that it couldnt be possibly made to a one currency

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:35:55 AM

I advise not to join MMM, in my country there are a lot of problems related to MMM which mostly revolved around unpaid payment. And if you check this user, s/he is a newbie with 3 posts which ALL of them is an exact copy-and-paste promoting MMM. I wonder if it violate the forum rule
traderbit

Activity: 798

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 06:53:45 AM

It depends on what angle are you looking this cryptocurrencies.
From a far distance they are the same because all of them are used as digital currency
But going deeper in details they do not operate in the same network but similar to that.

lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 08:52:18 AM

they are almost the same, but bitcoin is more worthy.
because the bitcoin is the origin of the decentralized currency.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:08:14 PM

The difference between those coins is huge... the hashing algorithm is just an anecdote. DOGE and LTC are just imitations of BTC with small differences to try to justify its existence. Ultimately they are in my book pretty worthless. Most alts are a waste of time and money.

May looking at it, they seem to be the same, but bitcoin is truly different. Bitcoin has more reasons to use and integrity, while altcoins are just some kind of “fake” coins. They are not secured to make use of, many people loose their coins everyday through alt coins.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: