Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:18:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: want to start mining  (Read 13903 times)
lahm-44 (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 12:09:33 PM

Today one of my friend hit me with his question that he want to start bitcoin mining but i am a noob too in mining thing so i though it is the right time to ask you guys about it
his pc has

2gb ram
Intel 2.8 Ghz processor
500 gb HDD
Internet - coming soon 500kbps download speed

and his mobile has(for web mining) :

2gb Ram
Intel 1.6 Ghz
Internet - download speed 4-5 mbps

he asked me 1.what pool should he use? 2.what software he should use and some additional information about this. precautions and guides are welcome too
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 12:40:57 PM

i highly recommend you not to mine bitcoins right now as it is unprofitable thing to do right now because there are a lot of powerful machines that will make your mining unprofitable as they will be more successful at finding new blocks or something like that, though its just my opinion

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 12:48:43 PM

Mining with PC is no longer possible and/or profitable, your friend will end up wasting a lot of time and electricity and in the end the only thing he'll get is a burned motherboard. Mining requires quite a investment and then you have to spend some more money on electricity. Its better to buy bitcoin instead of spending so much money on mining equipment.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
jokerboy

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 12:50:34 PM

Mining with PC is no longer possible and/or profitable, your friend will end up wasting a lot of time and electricity and in the end the only thing he'll get is a burned motherboard. Mining requires quite a investment and then you have to spend some more money on electricity. Its better to buy bitcoin instead of spending so much money on mining equipment.
Can we mine altcoin with PC ?
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 01:00:00 PM

You could but I doubt you'll earn anything worth the time and energy cost.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
BruceLee007

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:09:22 PM

if you want to mine altcoins with your computer you should carefully select the ones that have potential to grow its community and the price because there are a lot of coins which are not worth anything after a few days what would mean a huge loss for you
jokerboy

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 03:32:46 PM

You could but I doubt you'll earn anything worth the time and energy cost.

How can we earn easily and profitable? Can you give some examples?

if you want to mine altcoins with your computer you should carefully select the ones that have potential to grow its community and the price because there are a lot of coins which are not worth anything after a few days what would mean a huge loss for you
Yes I am aware of that. New coins come and gone at the same time. But if we are lucky maybe we can earn with new coins but the chances are too little unfortunately.
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:22:12 AM

I checked the date of this post before deciding to reply. To be honest, it is not worth mining with a computer anymore. So, let's ignore the possibility of mining with phone. Nowadays, large companies is mining Bitcoin in a large farm with hundreds of mining hardware. It costs a lot of electricity to mine Bitcoin. In other to sucess, one need to be faster than the competitors. With a 2.8 GHz processor and 500 kbps internet connection, you cannot get anywhere near 1 BTC profit. Check Amazon.com for some cheap mining hardware and learn how to use them.

If your friend and you really want to mine Bitcoin on this computer, try some new Altcoin that is easy to mine.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
larem

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:44:50 AM

Do not mine alts at all. If you calculate the profitability, you will realize that you're better off mining BTC and then just trading that for an alt. People talk about how "the alt could go up in value" but you could mine, say 1k of those, or BUY 2k from the BTC. Which one brings more profit?

lahm-44 (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:49:50 PM

when large companies are mining bitcoins then why is the transacrions are still so slow do something other are also effecting the transactions?
I checked the date of this post before deciding to reply. To be honest, it is not worth mining with a computer anymore. So, let's ignore the possibility of mining with phone. Nowadays, large companies is mining Bitcoin in a large farm with hundreds of mining hardware. It costs a lot of electricity to mine Bitcoin. In other to sucess, one need to be faster than the competitors. With a 2.8 GHz processor and 500 kbps internet connection, you cannot get anywhere near 1 BTC profit. Check Amazon.com for some cheap mining hardware and learn how to use them.

If your friend and you really want to mine Bitcoin on this computer, try some new Altcoin that is easy to mine.
can you suggest some altcoins that my friend should go for atleast for his satisfaction and btw which mining pool is best for bitcoin and altcoins
larem

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:59:44 AM

when large companies are mining bitcoins then why is the transacrions are still so slow do something other are also effecting the transactions?

can you suggest some altcoins that my friend should go for atleast for his satisfaction and btw which mining pool is best for bitcoin and altcoins

Multipool.us is one of my favorite pools if you really want to take that route. Do it for fun, though, and not profit, or you're losing money.

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 07:43:16 AM

there is only magi that is minable with a cpu and monero, but monero diff is high now, so there are not a good profit to be made, you will waste your time with that setup

you need at least one 750ti to mine something in the altcoin world
larem

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:09:34 AM

there is only magi that is minable with a cpu and monero, but monero diff is high now, so there are not a good profit to be made, you will waste your time with that setup

Uh, there are many CPU-only coins. But the cost of energy usage on CPUs is huge. In my situation, for example, my CPU running at full is 230w, compared to my video card at like 180.

boby-3

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:25:42 AM

is graphic card mining is profitable now days on a normal computer will it mine anything or any altcoins?
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:01:51 PM

Mining is not profitable right now but if your friends want to mine bitcoin or to learn how to mine. Try the usb asic miner.
and learn how to mine with usb asic miner...
Relex

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:50:06 PM

If you have cheap electric go for it.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:53:47 PM

i highly recommend you not to mine bitcoins right now as it is unprofitable
Agree, mining now is professional business, very hard, highly competetive
BTC LOVER

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Bitcoin for the Charity :)

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:47:35 PM

lol  Grin Made my Day

- Its really not possible to mine with your Computer BTC anymore Cheesy This time is over Wink.
You should try an only gpu/cpu altcoin out of the Altcoins Section Smiley I think there you could be luckier in after exchanging your crypto.

regards
BTC LOVER
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:17:24 PM

Uh, there are many CPU-only coins. But the cost of energy usage on CPUs is huge. In my situation, for example, my CPU running at full is 230w, compared to my video card at like 180.

those many are not profitable, actually there is zero profitable coin to mine with cpu right now, you can try better your luck with some gpu coin
bigminer_tr

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:21:40 PM

cpu or gpu mining are not earn anything. if you earn from mining you must buy miner.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: