Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:15:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does any bank accept Bitcoin?  (Read 73772 times)
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:10:17 PM

I haven't seen some banks that accept bitcoins.
I just want that bitcoin will just increase in the future.

Yes, some UK banks accept bitcoin only for donations not for funding own savings account or other things.
I guess some third part also can work as intermediate to accept bitcoins and deposits corresponding amount into their accounts. This way we can make banks accept bitcoins virtually.

This third party accepting bitcoin and deposing equivalent amount sounds like exchange service. I believe there are many services are available of this kind already.
If you consider online payment processors as online banking, then many processors accepts bitcoin for depositing and withdrawing funds.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adicted

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 02:24:34 PM

I have read some articles that some banks were interested on bitcoins but most were against of it and even issued warnings about bitcoin. Just like our central bank that a warning to people against bitcoin. Back to the question, CCN posted an article about the Ukraine's largest bank integrating bitcoin as payment, that might answer your question
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 10:39:15 PM

I don't think any bank has accepted and recognized Bitcoin so far.

There are more hostile banks toward Bitcoin so far and more friendly ones but no bank has acknowledged it! I think that a long time will pass until this doesn't happen as well!
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:12:10 PM

Not really directly. You would need to deposit it through a payment proccessor, like cashilla, which lets you send BTC to a bank adress.
quentincole32

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:03:22 AM

Is there any bank/financial institution somewhere in the world that has embraced Bitcoin? Not that I'd deposit my money there, I'm just curious to know it.
no i dont think there is bank accept bitcoin,truly on Asia Country and America,bank too afraid they can't handle decentralize bitcoin,and they have no big profit as they accept money for comercial payment procesor,but i believe someday or maybe next year,will be any bank start consider about bitcoin,and bitcoin bank should come that year.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
tobacco123

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:29:50 AM

No I can't find any. Bitcoin is a bank by itself... it doesn't need one.

equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 12:11:45 PM

still their are so many countrys who are against bitcoins, then how can you think that any bank  will start accepting bitcoins as payment like fiat currency. first most of the countrys have to accept bitcoin. and more over bitcoins itself is like a bank, their are lot of exchanges who are acting like bank features.
knightkon

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 03:40:48 PM

There are no banks that can accept bitcoin in the USA because the government has not recognized it as a currency.  Instead the IRS in the USA had declared Bitcoin an asset and thus the banks are not allowed to accept it as a currency.  I think the first step to getting this to turn around would to use BTC as collateral for a small loan.  If this will start happening, then there is a possibility that we can start moving forward at a pace faster than a turtle.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 10:07:03 AM

There are no banks that can accept bitcoin in the USA because the government has not recognized it as a currency.  Instead the IRS in the USA had declared Bitcoin an asset and thus the banks are not allowed to accept it as a currency.  I think the first step to getting this to turn around would to use BTC as collateral for a small loan.  If this will start happening, then there is a possibility that we can start moving forward at a pace faster than a turtle.
Banks in every countries does not believe in any digital money or Bitcoins at this time. these bankers even doesn't accept any transactions even their bank account holder's signature miss match. so how come any bank believe in Bitcoins. But the day is not very far to teach them that bitcoins are real money.
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 10:14:13 AM

Banks in every countries does not believe in any digital money or Bitcoins at this time. these bankers even doesn't accept any transactions even their bank account holder's signature miss match. so how come any bank believe in Bitcoins. But the day is not very far to teach them that bitcoins are real money.

I agree with you these banks will never accept Bitcoin and after all why will they accept something which they consider as a biggest threat to their business but in coming days they will understand that they cannot stop Bitcoin and probably end up trying to put some regulations to Bitcoin which is not possible.
jethrorn99

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 12:08:35 PM

for now? no , i dont think so  Sad
It's easier to protect real fiat money than a virtual one. Harder to catch a hacker than a bank robber you know.
But maybe in the future bank will accept virtual money as well, that would be cool.
lixer

Activity: 2506
Merit: 586

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:10:30 PM

In my country bank has not accept bitcoin yet, bitcoin is a commodity and not a currency. Banks don’t believe in digital currency, they only believe in what they can see physical; that’s money(real cash), and not some kind of electronic money in the cloud that you can’t see, Bitcoin.

cointtoo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:30:52 PM

I doubt a bank can deal with something like BTC directly, the amount of restrictions on banks regarding the sources of funding etc... is so massive that banks would get in trouble if they don't have a full transaction history for the incoming money...

♦  Bitcoin-Scratchticket.com  ♦   ♦  Win Bitcoin Playing Scratchtickets  ♦    ♦  Provably Fair  ♦ 
bikoBoy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 01:52:34 PM

I highly doubt there would be a bank for bitcoins because the whole point of btc is for it to be anonymous and that bank will totally destroy that ideal.
Your statement is wrong, it's not about the anonymity of Bitcoin. It's about the decentralization of Bitcoin
a bank would not very much fit with decentralization too IMO.

some european banks were working with europan exchanges but not directly though and they closed their account afterwards, hard to see a bank dealing with bitcoin
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:06:55 PM

Is there any bank/financial institution somewhere in the world that has embraced Bitcoin? Not that I'd deposit my money there, I'm just curious to know it.
I think now there is no bank that accepts bitcoin, they are still afraid of possible, or they are worried about not being able to control the bitcoin. but I am sure in the next few years there will be some banks that accept bitcoin, even this year rumors began to consider bitcoin commonwealth.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
b-trading

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 02:37:15 PM

As far as i know especially here in my country indonesia there is no any bank that accept bitcoin as a payment or any other services using bitcoin like for saving, lending and many others.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 03:37:08 PM

helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 03:38:15 PM

A lot of banks dont even like you buying bitcoins so i doubt any accept them as payment. Maybe in the future if btc goes mainstream.

Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2016, 03:43:02 PM

I gather that Barclays accept Bitcoin to assist charities to receive donations. They use a 3rd party to exchange the coins though. They have a small department to promote this service. No doubt it will expand in the future.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 03:50:44 PM

I gather that Barclays accept Bitcoin to assist charities to receive donations. They use a 3rd party to exchange the coins though. They have a small department to promote this service. No doubt it will expand in the future.

That's good but in my country no bank accepts bitcoins and I am very sure the scenario would be same in the future, in my country banks would never come in support of bitcoins, as banks are aware that bitcoins can be threat for them in the future, banks are more powerful and have support from people and government.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: