Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:23:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin affects life a lot  (Read 73688 times)
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 06:18:51 PM

Atm due to me having next to no bitcoin it hasnt reallyu affected my life. the only things its done for me is make me check the price trackers every 2 seconds.  Undecided

Well if you live in a first world country where you can have access to financial assets and banking is not going to change much if you are the average guy that doesn't have businesses and doesn't need to travel, but in the future when what's happening in China happens here we will be happy to have wealth outside the system safe in our Bitcoin wallets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:09:18 PM

it shouldn't be like that. if you feel you are being forced by yourself to work and work, then take a little break. it's important to find the right balance for earning money/educating yourself and having a nice and fun life.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:09:29 PM

Same with me like i am also spending most of my time on internet. As i am quite free these days, completed exams, campus is closed etc. I am on internet But not only due to bitcoin but also learning some of the programing languages.

But sitting online,earning bitcoin and converting them to local currency from same chair is quite interesting for me.
that single chain is getting intresting everyday everysec its like a bank of knowledge where we can learn learn and learn how much we want no limits
Just like with everything in life, there is too much of a good thing with Bitcoin as well and I think I am experiencing the same thing as you are OP! I can't get my head out of this Bitcoin world, but literally!

And my wife has been pressing me a lot lately to chill out a bit and to be honest, I am realizing that this will be necessary thing to do!
yes you should spend some time and some bitcoins on her she will know that you care about her

I already did, trust me! Smiley But the point is that even I admit that I spend way too much time behind my computer, then you know how bad it is!

I will need to put things in balance a bit nevertheless!
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:18:23 PM

bitcoin has afftected my life a lot not only positively but also negetively.thats because there was a time when i use to walk run and even jump like a monkey with friends and all the outdoor stuffs but after getting involve in this bitcoin thing i am spending most of my time either coding or learning new programming languages or earnin btcs for somewhere . should i lower spending my time in internet or not and is there anyone who is facing this type of addiction here

It's good to see you notice the problem yourself, instead of from influences from outside. Since you know the problem it is time to thing about a way to cure it.
Going out, have a social life is quite important, so try to spend your time more efficient. This way you can benefit from both Wink

justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:22:48 PM

You just need to find the right balance in your life. I am also addicted to bitcoin, but I still hang out with my friends.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:26:02 PM

bitcoin has afftected my life a lot not only positively but also negetively.thats because there was a time when i use to walk run and even jump like a monkey with friends and all the outdoor stuffs but after getting involve in this bitcoin thing i am spending most of my time either coding or learning new programming languages or earnin btcs for somewhere . should i lower spending my time in internet or not and is there anyone who is facing this type of addiction here

It's good to see you notice the problem yourself, instead of from influences from outside. Since you know the problem it is time to thing about a way to cure it.
Going out, have a social life is quite important, so try to spend your time more efficient. This way you can benefit from both Wink

Admitting that you have a problem is the first step to getting over it. Now that you have done that you can continue your journey to less bitcoin.
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:29:25 PM

In my personal experience bitcoin has had only an positive effect on my life. You should do whatever makes you happy. If that's coding then continue doing that. Don't try to please other people. You should find a balance between sitting behind your computer and a social life.

extrabyte
Legendary

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:33:27 PM

It's not just you lahm-44, i think most of us are affected by bitcoin and more after us will come in this way. I walked a lot too but now very rare maybe because it is winter Tongue
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:46:49 PM

I'm facing the same addiction here. Can't really argue it, anything that feels good, usually have a addictive effect. Before getting to know Bitcoin, I was still most of the time at home, playing PC games but ever since, can't remember the last time I played games. Earning is great but having a way to balance that with your own private or social life is the key. Everything of something is always bad so try to not go crazy if you want to be normal in the eyes of others.

who cares if other people see you as normal or not ? just investing in bitcoins would get the large mass thinking ur retarded :/ the thing i hear the most about bitcoins from "normal" people is that its to late to invest or that its all a big scam. and bitcoins will never make you a large sum of money. we will see who is right in the end Smiley
lahm-44 (OP)

Activity: 336

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:22:26 AM

Atm due to me having next to no bitcoin it hasnt reallyu affected my life. the only things its done for me is make me check the price trackers every 2 seconds.  Undecided
you can take it as a positive side.just think that you are yourself getting the chance to control your coins so you will have all the profit or loss yourself nobody else can cut any sort of fees for managingbyour coins
Same with me like i am also spending most of my time on internet. As i am quite free these days, completed exams, campus is closed etc. I am on internet But not only due to bitcoin but also learning some of the programing languages.

But sitting online,earning bitcoin and converting them to local currency from same chair is quite interesting for me.
that single chain is getting intresting everyday everysec its like a bank of knowledge where we can learn learn and learn how much we want no limits
Just like with everything in life, there is too much of a good thing with Bitcoin as well and I think I am experiencing the same thing as you are OP! I can't get my head out of this Bitcoin world, but literally!

And my wife has been pressing me a lot lately to chill out a bit and to be honest, I am realizing that this will be necessary thing to do!
yes you should spend some time and some bitcoins on her she will know that you care about her

I already did, trust me! Smiley But the point is that even I admit that I spend way too much time behind my computer, then you know how bad it is!

I will need to put things in balance a bit nevertheless!
yup i started this thread for that.i want to understand that balancing as because i am pritty week for handalling any type of family affairs or even friends
lahm-44 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:29:27 AM

thats for this..i really need someone who says me this that i am doing something in a right way it feels much positive
I'm facing the same addiction here. Can't really argue it, anything that feels good, usually have a addictive effect. Before getting to know Bitcoin, I was still most of the time at home, playing PC games but ever since, can't remember the last time I played games. Earning is great but having a way to balance that with your own private or social life is the key. Everything of something is always bad so try to not go crazy if you want to be normal in the eyes of others.

who cares if other people see you as normal or not ? just investing in bitcoins would get the large mass thinking ur retarded :/ the thing i hear the most about bitcoins from "normal" people is that its to late to invest or that its all a big scam. and bitcoins will never make you a large sum of money. we will see who is right in the end Smiley
well i am here in the bitcoin economy since 2010 i have watched the mining building more and more power i have watched mt gox and price reaching upto $1000 even when price crashed i still didnt flew from it as what most peoples did i have a very positive view about bitcoin as because i have not only seen it as money but also a better technology actually more than that.i know satoshi was a genious
chennan
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:36:52 AM

While I see where you are coming from, I don't think that someone should be "addicted" to bitcoin to become a supporter.  There has to be some realization that it's not all about being right or wrong compared to the masses... I mean who can blame them? They are people who are bombarded from mainstream news sites all the time and don't realize the importance of a limited asset backed economic system, because the school system has simply failed their students to teach them the importance of them.  I'm pretty sure that only 20% of millennials would know that fiat was backed by gold in the past, and this knowledge is rapidly decreasing.  The obedience of people to the government/the Central Banks is incredible to me, but you can't use that against them because it's rare that someone will go out of the way to learn that for themselves.

harrymmmm

Activity: 576
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:06:54 AM

guess i am addicted too with bitcoins. nowdays i am dam busy with faucets i am working hard to earn some penny with them and i am able to earn atleast 0.001 btc everyday . I will soon start my posting i am still a newbie afterall

Jesus.
Hurry up with the posts!
Do you realize that a couple posts with a sig campaign is worth more than your whole days work with faucets?
Laila10

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:24:23 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is effected my life, everyday life is only earning cents to cents and it was takes my times a lot.. Thinking about how earn money much..
lahm-44 (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:03:30 AM

Yes, Bitcoin is effected my life, everyday life is only earning cents to cents and it was takes my times a lot.. Thinking about how earn money much..
that is the struggle you are doing to get money but my case is slightly different from it i am earning sufficiant amount of money which can fullfil my needs like internetbilld and pocket money and if i stop it then ihave to face a little pressure and thats why i call it as addiction
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:32:28 AM

haha , same exact scenario with me! Its not a bad thing to be addicted and learning new programming languages .On the dark side, kids are doing drugs ,becoming fathers ,kids are eating asses so yeah bitcoins and programming doesn't seem like a bad addiction to me.
Pollak

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Pollak

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:50:05 AM

Having an addiction is never good, if you know you got one, you can do something about it and change it. Go out some more and enjoy your social life.
What's money worth when you got nobody around? Money is worth nothing if you don't have people to share it with.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:01:40 AM

You must change your behavior as soon as it could be possible independently of your age. If your are young and spend all your time in front of an computer this is a very wrong behavior. You need to go out and to stay with your friend and find a girlfriend which probably can be even your future wife (one of those for sure). So you must go out not only to not be in front of a computer all the day because this can damage you (read in internet to man things about this kind of behavior), but even because, in your age there are to many other important things to do which cannot be made by any kind of computer if not made by you in this age. For example if you cannot find a wife most of your life will be a hell.

If your are older and have family is the same thing. The damage staying all the day in front of a compute can be even more dangerous because of your age. Not only this. Again everyone has need even to do a familiar life. So we are at the same situation like above. Less time in computer and more time with your family.

This doesn't mean that you must leave the computer. If you do so this will be another big error. If you are attracted by it and find yourself well doing work regarding it you must cultivate further this attitude. But reducing the time in front of it. There must be found always the time for the computer, for the friends, for your girlfriend/wife and for your family. The day has 24 hours. Are even more to find the needed time to spent with all the above.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:09:38 AM

Having an addiction is never good, if you know you got one, you can do something about it and change it. Go out some more and enjoy your social life.
What's money worth when you got nobody around? Money is worth nothing if you don't have people to share it with.

Very sinsible post! Money may seem like the best thing you can get right now, but in 10 years you will regret not spending more time with your friends outside. There comes a point that you have other stuff to do (job, kids, household, etc.) that you can't spend your time as you would like anymore.

Enjoy it while it lasts, that one hour your miss in front of your pc is not going to hurt your that badly.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:25:29 AM

In 2013 and the beginning of 2014 there was a period where I was obsessed with day trading. I barely came outside or had contact with people at that time. Purely because I was staring all day at the price tickers hoping to profit from the price going up a few bucks. I am glad I stopped with day trading each day. It's a waste of time if you also try to make some bucks on days with low volume. Now I only do it on days with high volume and where there are some decent price swings. It gives me a much better feeling and I have time for other things in life. Life is more than only Bitcoin and earning money Wink
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: