Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:20:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NBC's Bob Costas Goes On Gun Control Rant About NFL Player's Murder-Suicide  (Read 2632 times)
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:22:38 AM

Where did you get this information? He gives information on how to get the data he used on his website: http://www.johnlott.org/

Simply because he can't provide such data. You're welcome to provide such data (copy from his website) and I'll poke huge holes through it.
Actually, I am not welcome to do so.
"When downloading the data from here you promise not to give this data to others. If they want to obtain the data, they may simply come to this web site and download it for themselves."
http://www.johnlott.org/cgi-bin/signup.cgi

Feel free.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Axios
Donator

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:29:13 AM

Where did you get this information? He gives information on how to get the data he used on his website: http://www.johnlott.org/

Simply because he can't provide such data. You're welcome to provide such data (copy from his website) and I'll poke huge holes through it.
"When downloading the data from here you promise not to give this data to others. If they want to obtain the data, they may simply come to this web site and download it for themselves."

Feel free.

You're welcome to replicate his data yourself. That of course shows all fifty states side by side, if it isn't fifty states it was cherry picked (according to you).

I mean why would I trust a guy who created fake profiles to praise his own book on Amazon...

Um.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:34:02 AM

Feel free.

You're welcome to replicate his data yourself. That of course shows all fifty states side by side, if it isn't fifty states it was cherry picked (according to you).
So, what you're telling me is that you're not going to download the data yourself, and expect me to violate an agreement so that you don't have to sign up for a (free) account? That you're not only intellectually lazy, but just plain lazy?

If you want the data, it's waiting for you. Go get it. I did.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Axios
Donator

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:35:58 AM

Show me the file that he did 50 states side by side. I don't think you ever opened the files due to multiple obvious reasons.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:44:56 AM

Show me the file that he did 50 states side by side. I don't think you ever opened the files due to multiple obvious reasons.

/sigh.

I guess I shouldn't expect intellectual honesty from someone with a screen name based on a word for lying. Welcome to my ignore list, asshat.

Axios
Donator

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 12:52:31 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2012, 01:05:30 AM by Mendacium

/sigh.

I guess I shouldn't expect intellectual honesty from someone with a screen name based on a word for lying. Welcome to my ignore list, asshat.

No one can provide the data that fits your requirements. Not me, not Lott. I was asking for a name of the file and clearly you cant do that. I did check all files, Lott haven't provided such data because he can't. He picked the data how he wanted to pick.

And now that you resorted to personal attacks, what would I expect from a person with your screen name?

as I've said before, resorting to ad hominem attacks is the surest sign that you're losing a debate.

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 01:58:09 AM

/sigh.

No one can provide the data that fits your requirements. Not me, not Lott. I was asking for a name of the file and clearly you cant do that. I did check all files, Lott haven't provided such data because he can't. He picked the data how he wanted to pick.

And now that you resorted to personal attacks, what would I expect from a person with your screen name?

Mendacium, welcome to the Bitcointalk forum.

Myrkul is a deceiver and dishonest user. He is unable to held reasonable debates without to resort to logical fallacies, deceitful premises and willful ignorance. When a user like you ask for data to substantiate the discussion, he proceeds to post his delusional assumptions without to provide the required evidence.

Feel free.

Do not trust in the above statement. He is explicit ignoring your request and using a fake pretext to not admit that you are right. Myrkul do not care to copy owned data:

You can't own data, and copying isn't stealing.
Yes, I can own data.
No, you can't. Data isn't property.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 02:26:14 AM

I agreed not to share the data. Given that the data is freely available to anyone who signs up, and that I did explicitly agree to not share it, I will not be sharing that data. Go get it yourself.

hashman
Legendary

Activity: 1264
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 06:05:25 PM

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that outlawing guns will decrease gun-related violence. 

Do you really think it's that simple? 

Outlawing alcohol greatly increased the consumption of alcohol.  Since cocaine was prohibited the use has gone up by some thousands of percent per capita.  Take a look at what happened when Germany outlawed guns in the 1930s.  Switzerland has one of the highest per capita gun ownership rates (not outlawed) and a relatively low gun-related violence rate.  Some counterexamples worthy of consideration.   

Complex systems of millions of unpredictable primates make rocket science look like tiddly winks. 

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 06:19:47 PM

It amazes me that while guns are illegal in my country and people are so rabidly focused on them yet I can legally buy the ingredients for explosives, chemical weapons and armoured vehicles that could easily level a portion of a city or kill thousands more than just an AK47 with a full magazine. I'm sorry but I can't empathise with people like this anymore, gun control advocates are paranoid and stupid. If people really wanted to go around massacring others for no reason they would have already, the reality is though that it's only a bunch of suicidal crazies that usually do that kind of thing anymore.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 06:20:39 PM

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that outlawing guns will decrease gun-related violence.
Do you really think it's that simple? 

I had a manager at one of my previous jobs that had a favorite saying:

"Sometimes, it is rocket science."

And if we're discussing counterexamples, we can't ignore Kennesaw, Georgia, USA. A law was passed there that not only allowed for gun ownership, but required that all homeowners not prohibited by federal law or religious belief own at least one weapon.

The gun control argument says gun violence should go up, afterward, yes? Nope. In fact, crime overall has gone down by something like 50%.

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 08:01:38 AM

/end of thread.

Yo dawg, I noticed you like to end threads, so I added more post to this thread so you could end more.
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 08:31:32 AM

It's harder to kill with a knife. Hurt a lot - yes.

Unless you either have 0 knife skill or are up against a martial artist well-trained in knife defense/disarms.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 08:43:42 AM

That feel when you see a thread that says "NBC" and think it means Nuclear Biological Chemical

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
stochastic

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 11:23:54 PM

It's harder to kill with a knife. Hurt a lot - yes.

Unless you either have 0 knife skill or are up against a martial artist well-trained in knife defense/disarms.

Lol tell that to Inejiro Asanuma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTWNRx-4aFM

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 11:43:50 PM

You know a Wakizashi is a shortsword, right? That's at least a foot of razor-sharp steel. Pretty easy to kill a surprised victim with one of those. Especially if you've practiced. No info on whether or not he had practiced, though.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 04:00:55 AM

Just thought I'd share this...

http://reason.com/blog/2012/11/27/virginia-enjoys-rising-gun-ownership-and

(inb4 "That proves nothing.")

Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 09:48:02 AM

A sociopath will kill you, gun or not. By punishing decent people who own guns, the decent people are made defenseless against the sociopaths.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 09:30:37 PM

In our continuing "Reality pwns the gun-control activist" series...

Axios
Donator

Axios Foundation

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2012, 10:07:54 PM

In our continuing "Reality pwns the gun-control activist" series...

I am still waiting for an answer... So which file supposed to prove that book? I can download, give me the file name. Explain which columns / rows.

So far I hear "blah" "blah" "blah" "blah" "blah" "blah" "blah" "blah" "blah" "blah".

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: