Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:45:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best way for small online shop to accept Bitcoin?  (Read 1278 times)
roparker2014 (OP)

Activity: 119
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:37:47 PM

Hi, I run a couple of online shops and manage a few others for clients - they all use WooCommerce running on Wordpress and are fairly small. They all make 1 or 2 sales a day, so not major traffic, although transaction values are quite high as they sell high value items.

What would be the easiest way for me to integrate Bitcoin payment into these businesses? I have seen various services such as BitPay but don't know if any of them are recommended over any others. In some ways it seems like these guys act as a "middle man" which kind of defeats some of the benefits of using Bitcoin, if you ask me - is there a simple way to set it up without having to use such a service? (A plugin or something similar which simply works out the currency conversion and then connects to my wallet).

Any ideas or help appreciated.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:54:52 PM

If the transaction volume is so low, why not setup a wallet address to send the coins to and an alert for any movements to that wallet?

You only need to be willing to accept bitcoins instead of fiat this way (or send to exchange and auto trade to fiat) and you need a simple convertor tool with the exchange rates you will be using for the payment.
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 07:57:15 PM

Ive paid using bitpay and it worked as it should, couldnt comment on the others.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4523

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:09:06 PM

simplist way if the business is thinking of just storing the bitcoin (not converting to fiat)
is create a single address and make it into a QR code image.

easiest way go to: blockchain.info/address/your address
on the right is the QR code.. right click image, save image as..

then using a few lines of code you can get a price.

googling "bitcoin price api"

gives you
https://bitcoinaverage.com/api
http://www.coindesk.com/api/
https://bitcoincharts.com/about/markets-api/
https://blockchain.info/api/exchange_rates_api

if you want a bit more professionalism then bitpay can help
https://bitpay.com/integrations/woocommerce

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
prodigy8

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:09:57 PM

Bitpay is one of the most popular so i would go with them if i were you.

There are some others like GoCoin or the other one "coinify" which are similar

But better try to search in google for "bitcoin payment processor"
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:15:25 PM

I just use purse.io. Great website, but it only delivers to America. The site gives you a discount just for paying in bitcoin.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:18:43 PM

Bitpay is one of the most popular so i would go with them if i were you.

There are some others like GoCoin or the other one "coinify" which are similar

But better try to search in google for "bitcoin payment processor"

Yeah. Bitpay is probably your best option for integrating bitcoin into your online stores. Also, what items do you sell on the site?
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:33:06 PM

Could you link us your store? I'm bored and want to spend my money. Is it physical or digital goods you sell?  I'm highly interested if it's some kind of digital good.

I know, bitpay is basically turning bitcoin into another PayPal, do why don't you use the blockchain.info API?
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:23:15 PM

Hi, I run a couple of online shops and manage a few others for clients - they all use WooCommerce running on Wordpress and are fairly small. They all make 1 or 2 sales a day, so not major traffic, although transaction values are quite high as they sell high value items.

What would be the easiest way for me to integrate Bitcoin payment into these businesses? I have seen various services such as BitPay but don't know if any of them are recommended over any others. In some ways it seems like these guys act as a "middle man" which kind of defeats some of the benefits of using Bitcoin, if you ask me - is there a simple way to set it up without having to use such a service? (A plugin or something similar which simply works out the currency conversion and then connects to my wallet).

Any ideas or help appreciated.

Join Coinbase. Are mainly a web wallet (with to many security measures) and lately even even a very successful exchange. They have an impeccable service for merchants. I am not an expert in such kind of things but know that to many of those collaborate with it (are more than 41 000 businesses work with them). I cannot tell if is the best choice for your case but I can tell for sure that it is worth to give a luck yourself and to evaluate using your eyes and your mind if it is good for you.
WENGER

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 03:32:59 PM

There are some outdated wordpress plugins in the store but I don't recommend them as they might not work properly and mostly will lead to other problems so your best bet would be to hire someone here to code you a bitcoin payment plugin on wordpress for scratch.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:36:31 PM

BitPay is easy and works well. It gets you out of managing a wallet because you never really handle the bitcoin side of it.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
bearex

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:13:28 PM

BitPay is ruining the purpose of Bitcoin. It has a 1% fee, so like someone else mentioned, it is turning into some kind of Paypal. First approach would be putting a QR code at the end of purchase of a single wallet, and then they tell you what is their Wallet address, so you can verify it. After you know more, you can make a specific wallet for each customer.
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:30:14 PM

If the transaction volume is so low, why not setup a wallet address to send the coins to and an alert for any movements to that wallet?
Agree, if volume is low and in small online shop it is low, you can even manually accept bitcoin transactions.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:46:43 PM

my friend used bitpay for his online shop its virtual things btw and it runned 24 hours, but for his clothing line he just handle them manually due to the volume is low
Eric Cartman

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:07:16 PM

1 - Use Bitpay and pay 1% fee(overkill)
2 - Make the customers have to contact you before the purchase so you can tell the price(problem will be if price rises or falls too much between contact and answer).
3- Make a custom script to create a fair BTC price and charge it in BTC in the shop card

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:12:50 PM

If you are quite new to blockchain and bitcoin transaction you have no other choice than using bitpay like services. I think there is also one plugin to accept bitcoin payment available for wordpress theme, search it.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:28:01 PM

BitPay is ruining the purpose of Bitcoin. It has a 1% fee, so like someone else mentioned, it is turning into some kind of Paypal. ...
None of us bitcoiners like to pay fees, however the price is right for retailers. Consider that a credit card would charge your business 3% and take days to clear. With bitpay the dollars are in your bank account that night and you are never exposed to price volitility.
You could retain 100% of the customers money by managing your own wallet, but there are security and volitility concerns that will require knowledge of the protocol. It may be worth 1%.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
lite
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:41:51 PM

There are various plugins available for accepting bitcoins on wordpress/woocommerce, search it on google.  Wink
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:49:24 PM

I personally used Coinbase in combination with Woocomerce and Wordpress. The integration was pretty easy. You just need to register an account on coinbase.com and put the APi key into the plugin.

https://de.wordpress.org/plugins/tags/bitcoin
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:53:32 PM

Paste a QR-Code (receipt bitcoin address) on the shop, it's all.
proceed manually the command ... like a regular wire payment for example.

https://www.bitaddress.org

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: