Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:19:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "Satoshi Nakamoto" shedding some light on Bitcoin  (Read 1171 times)
ae_online (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:46:53 PM

So moderators out in Reddit seem to have no problem about a topic going on over there. It has been going around on twitter too. Satoshi Nakamoto is shedding some light about bitcoin. So far we know that "Satoshi Nakamoto" is a group not a person. Here is the conversation: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3wqijk/bitcoin_v10/

If I can't post a link, then please remove it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techmanuk

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 07:50:17 PM

That looks like someone just playing around and trying to be smart.

I wouldn't read into it too much.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:52:32 PM

Everybody can create a username like that an start telling a story.. Don't trust these type of messages unless they are signed by satoshis PGP key.

People are so easy to convince nowadays, probably because they just want to find him so badly.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 07:52:57 PM

not again

For the last 9 years...

Huh

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Rabber

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:53:35 PM

It's someone pretending to be Satoshi. Like many people here have said, if Satoshi does want to show himself, he would have to prove it by showing he has the private keys to his known accounts.

mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 07:54:00 PM

That looks like someone just playing around and trying to be smart.

I wouldn't read into it too much.
+1. Until that person proves it by signing a message with one of the known addresses that belongs to Satoshi I wouldn't buy any bullcrap he says. And seriously, Satoshi-Nakamoto-BTC, talk about being discreet.
Lastly just have a look at Satoshi's posts here, he was much more "tech-speaking" guy
helloeverybody
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 08:02:39 PM

People need to understand that satoshi is most likely never coming back.

lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:47:13 PM

Satoshi wants anonymity and he gets it this guy is just loading out a bunch of nonsense from his mouth.
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:48:21 PM

fwiw: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3wqijk/bitcoin_v10/cxz0afe
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:52:28 PM

satoshi entity was one person. but he didnt work alone.. EG hal finney.

and hal finney never used the pseudonym satoshi.. so the pseudonym did not represent a group..

so yet another lack of research, lack of understanding bit of clickbait to get people over to reddit

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 08:54:24 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2015, 09:18:24 PM by notbatman

For the last 9 years many people have been wondering about the rising of Bitcoin, but more importantly the person(s) behind Bitcoin. Why does it really matter? I can tell you what you want to hear, but the story will somehow change and turn against Satoshi Nakamoto. It’s up to you to read this message the right way.

Everytime someone gets a tip indicating that they found Satoshi Nakamoto the first impression is to either raid the entrepreneur’s home or cause grief towards the creator(s) themselves. Whatever you might think of it as; there are many great things Bitcoin did to this world.

The pilot idea was to bring currency in a cryptographic source. The crypto-currency is managed in a democratic format. It allows the world to have control of mining Bitcoins at their very own hands. Imagine that? Well, stop imagining. It’s happening in our current lives. You blame us for all the wrong-doings that involves Bitcoin, but who is to blame? Satoshi Nakamoto. Well then we can blame the Phoenicians for all the wrong-doings around the world. It’s just not right. We will help, till the end. I’m sure you realize the static of the Bitcoin market and the unusual rise of a steady crypto-commodity. I hope it puts you all to peace. We look forward to improving the most valuable currency in the world. We will let you all know how to contribute to improving Bitcoin. We are ready to put you in our circle by giving you the lost and legendary key: 5361746f736869204e616b616d6f746f

Thank you. -The central origin of clear thinking.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3wqijk/bitcoin_v10/

Code:
$ bx base16-decode 5361746f736869204e616b616d6f746f

If you base16 decode this string it says "Satoshi Nakamoto".  Cheesy

6E6F746261746D616E
Rabber

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:00:44 PM

Lastly just have a look at Satoshi's posts here, he was much more "tech-speaking" guy

I would be really interested in reading his early posts. I tried the search feature for username Satoshi, but either he used something else or I am doing something wrong. What username did he use so I could read them?

unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:20:37 PM

Is this person trying to make us believe he is Satoshi? Not even sure... This is by far the worst attempt at impersonating him, and I've seen quite a few Cheesy

Just a bunch of weird text, no signatures, no nothing...
Bitfirm

Activity: 43

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:24:04 PM

As Bitcoin popularity grows the number of "coming-outs" will grow too.
Actually Bitcoin creator personality is pretty much irrelevant at this point.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:25:20 PM

I would be really interested in reading his early posts. I tried the search feature for username Satoshi, but either he used something else or I am doing something wrong. What username did he use so I could read them?

You know you can search by username right?

Anyway, here is his profile: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3

If you click show last messages of this person, you can see all of his posts that he made on these forums.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4470

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 09:44:42 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
spud21

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:02:35 PM

For the last 9 years many people have been wondering about the rising of Bitcoin, but more importantly the person(s) behind Bitcoin. Why does it really matter? I can tell you what you want to hear, but the story will somehow change and turn against Satoshi Nakamoto. It’s up to you to read this message the right way.

Everytime someone gets a tip indicating that they found Satoshi Nakamoto the first impression is to either raid the entrepreneur’s home or cause grief towards the creator(s) themselves. Whatever you might think of it as; there are many great things Bitcoin did to this world.

The pilot idea was to bring currency in a cryptographic source. The crypto-currency is managed in a democratic format. It allows the world to have control of mining Bitcoins at their very own hands. Imagine that? Well, stop imagining. It’s happening in our current lives. You blame us for all the wrong-doings that involves Bitcoin, but who is to blame? Satoshi Nakamoto. Well then we can blame the Phoenicians for all the wrong-doings around the world. It’s just not right. We will help, till the end. I’m sure you realize the static of the Bitcoin market and the unusual rise of a steady crypto-commodity. I hope it puts you all to peace. We look forward to improving the most valuable currency in the world. We will let you all know how to contribute to improving Bitcoin. We are ready to put you in our circle by giving you the lost and legendary key: 5361746f736869204e616b616d6f746f

Code:

6E6F746261746D616E

That string doesn't prove anything. If the real Satoshi wanted to post anything he would use his PGP key that he left a link to in this post. You can use his public key to verify whether any post from someone claiming to be Satoshi is really from him. Any post that cannot be authenticated by that key is probably from an impostor.

For future reference, here's my public key.  It's the same one that's been there since the bitcoin.org site first went up in 2008.  Grab it now in case you need it later.

http://www.bitcoin.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc

There's a copy of his key at this link.

https://bitcointalk.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 14, 2015, 11:31:28 PM

Code:

6E6F746261746D616E

That string doesn't prove anything. If the real Satoshi wanted to post anything he would use his PGP key that he left a link to in this post. You can use his public key to verify whether any post from someone claiming to be Satoshi is really from him. Any post that cannot be authenticated by that key is probably from an impostor.

For future reference, here's my public key.  It's the same one that's been there since the bitcoin.org site first went up in 2008.  Grab it now in case you need it later.

http://www.bitcoin.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc

There's a copy of his key at this link.

https://bitcointalk.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc

I'm not implying that it proves the user is Satoshi just posting the facts; it's clearly a troll post.

Satoshi would have used base58.  Wink
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:33:07 AM

Anyone could have done this and it seems pretty fair. 
For the last 9 years many people have been wondering about the rising of Bitcoin.
i never knew that bitcoin had been around for 9 years , I thought it was made in 2009. This reddit thing seems pretty fake to me.
WENGER

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 04:45:35 AM

Just looking by the first 5 words, everyone could notice that whoever that guy is trying to come out as a person of knowledge on this field, has done a very bad job of researching about Bitcoin and tries to make an statement as if his an official or someone that has been working closely since before (which clearly isn't).
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: