Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:57:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: done  (Read 19765 times)
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:51:29 AM

Hay, why don't you try to make a Minicar company.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mietwagen_mit_Fahrer_%28Deutschland%29

Getting this licensed should be easier than Taxis + you can use any tipe of car.

Also you don't have the payment restrictions like Taxis have (Taxometer), and don't have the restrictions to drive everywhere you customer want. So you could make it for a fixed prize and in a fixed area. For example 10€ a drive to anywhere in your city.

Or special pic up service in the evening, like: "I pick you up at home and drop you off at the club for 5€".

Only thing is you are not allowed to charge per person, whoever calls you rents your complete car for the drive.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:33:03 AM

I would not earn enaugh as a unlicensed taxi. Because I couldnt wait at the train station for customers..

Maybe U could using some location apps. When your clients book a ride you could agree to locate them with such apps on their smartphones, so to take them "on the fly" with no need for you to wait anywhere specifically. You would probably need a website or at least maybe a twitter account for that.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:31:35 PM

Whenever I'm in Germany, your my new cab driver. License or not.   Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:37:18 PM

I dont think that anyone would give me a loan here.

The  prices regulated by the city are 1,60 € per kilometre and 2,80 "basic fee"

The avarage income per kilometre is 1,20 € here. So that means If  I drive 200 kilometres a day i would earn  240€.  A "minicar" or "mietwagen" suxs because you cant  pick people up at the trainstation etc. This would reduce the avarage per kilometre a lot. So i need a cab license...

My volume last months was about 5600€  but If i buy a license with my own car i would just drive from 5.30 am to 4 pm. I would hire a driver for the night. That means the volume of my taxi would be  about 8.000 to 9.000€ per months. The driver would get 45% of HIS volume.

How much do you spend on gas?
defxor

Activity: 530
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:58:54 PM

I cant go to media, because he had a legal reason to kick me.

(disclaimer: I'm not German, but I am European)

I don't see what the legal reason would be from your posts. You seem to have been an employed Taxi driver, but the car was owned by someone else (with a license). That's the normal setup in my country as well. As long as you're charging the proper fare, turning in the receipts etc you have done nothing contractually wrong towards the owner.

Vague "cannot trust" statements without having given warnings, followup and proven mismanagement on your part do indeed sound as wrongful dismissal. That said, maybe you weren't a salaried driver but on some sort of contract where you yourself is a registered company?

What I don't understand is why you did this without talking to the owner first though.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 03:59:50 PM

Please overread my sentences and give me a pn with a correction.

Till today I was working as a taxi driver in germany. I put some stickers up on the car windows that iam accepting bitcoins. So am i. But my boss didnt know anything about bitcoin and that iam accepting them.

Today a  customer called my company and asked for the taxi that is accepting bitcoins. So everybody knows and I got fired because i did it without his permission.

I told all my customers about bitcoin and sold some of them my coins. But now iam workless because of bitcoins. that suxs.

You are out of a job because you are irresponsible, not because of bitcoin.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 04:02:01 PM

What I don't understand is why you did this without talking to the owner first though.

Yeah, that's the part that seems fishy.  There is more likely more to this story than he's sharing, IMHO.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 04:48:50 PM

I may try to get a loan from the bank to buy his license and car. But iam not sure about it. Beeing self employed is a lot of woork! But it would be cool to promote bitcoins with it.  I could advertise with door covers (image -> http://www.taxiwerbung-europe.com/upload/meine_bilder/werbearten/taxi_doorcover01.jpg ) +

#freemoney. Yes  I have a loots of customers so I have to solve this problem quick. A lot customers call me directly on my mobile phone

Then negotiate with the guy who is selling his license for a final price, conditional on your abliity to secure a business loan, write up a business plan (there are simple examples online that you could adapt in an hour) and take it to the business branch of your bank.  Show them your conditional agreement, your business plan (no need to mention bitcoin, that would just muddle the waters) and your history as a cab driver.  Be quick about it.

Ill try but I dont think that the bank would give me such a big loan.

If the bank doesn't want to give you the loan, you could write up a bond for one of the exchanges: cryptostocks, btct.co, MPEx, etc. This should be an obvious way to get funding for a business which accepts bitcoins.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 06:52:21 PM

First: Seems fishy. Even though you state you couldn't have explained it to your boss, who in their right mind would start accepting a virtual currency, probably never known to him, that fluxuates without permission? I'm not dissing Bitcoin, I think it's wonderful, but without proper planning it's stupid.

Second: If you are telling the truth, would the government be able to crack down on a Bitcoin-only Taxi? Especially if you use a mixer.

Third: How would you have exchanged BTC in a taxi? They must have been pretty Bitcoin-knowledgable to utilise something such as QR Code Bitcoin Notes, because i'm pretty sure you wouldn't have had a laptop with BitPay on 24/7.

Tell us the full story, or take matters into your own hands. It seems fabricated, or you are hiding something.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2012, 11:34:43 PM

Till today I was working as a taxi driver in germany. I put some stickers up on the car windows that iam accepting bitcoins. So am i. But my boss didnt know anything about bitcoin and that iam accepting them.

Today a  customer called my company and asked for the taxi that is accepting bitcoins. So everybody knows and I got fired because i did it without his permission.

I told all my customers about bitcoin and sold some of them my coins. But now iam workless because of bitcoins. that suxs.

FUCK YOU.

Ignore list being the asshole who shits on a person who was unjustly fired.
the_thing

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:42:18 PM

Start traficking drugs. It's basically the same job for a better wage.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP"   
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"     
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 11:58:54 PM

Yeah, that's the part that seems fishy.  There is more likely more to this story than he's sharing, IMHO.

No I was just lazy.

"Dear Boss i want to accept bitcoins as payment in your taxi".

What would my boss say? " what is bitcoins? explain it but i dont have more then 2 minutes"

he wouldn  understand what the hell bitcoins is. And there are no national laws about "bitcoins" so it would be impossible for his accounting to manage the bitcoin in/output. So I did it by myself.

Were these fares for which you were accepting BTC on the meter?  If they weren't then your boss had every reason to fire you.  If they were then you needed to be giving your boss a written record of those fares at the end of each shift and giving him his portion in the same manner he gets his cut for normal fares (here it's in cash at the end of each shift).

This isn't really any different than if you had decided to accept any other payment method not accepted by your boss - PayPal, Square, Pogs, Zimbabwean currency, whatever.  You still needed to be recording everything accurately, giving him copies of your records, and giving him the cash owed to him in the normal manner.

While it's not "impossible" for him to deal with the accounting issues, there's really no reason why he should feel obligated to do so and it would have been reasonable for him to charge an extra fee for any additional administrative burden created by you accepting Bitcoin.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
3btc

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 12:02:04 AM

@Rudd-O: Thanks, you were just reading my mind (even though candoo's behaviour is debatable and I wouldn't dare to word it like that)

And thanks to candoo for being so keen and accepting bitcoins Smiley Also cheer up! Can send Haribos to you if you want!

Sell * Buy * Anything * Decentralized * Free

OpenBazaar.Org
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:18:56 AM

FUCK YOU.

Ignore list being the asshole who shits on a person who was unjustly fired.

NO THANK YOU. I'M NOT GAY.

Boo hoo man. How is this thread in anyway related to "service discussion"?

This thread should be moved to the pussies, wimps, and retards subforum.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 05:24:37 AM

You lost your job for being an idiot.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 09:19:39 AM

This forum is full is horrible, horrible human beings.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 10:59:16 AM

First: Seems fishy. Even though you state you couldn't have explained it to your boss, who in their right mind would start accepting a virtual currency, probably never known to him, that fluxuates without permission? I'm not dissing Bitcoin, I think it's wonderful, but without proper planning it's stupid.

Second: If you are telling the truth, would the government be able to crack down on a Bitcoin-only Taxi? Especially if you use a mixer.

Third: How would you have exchanged BTC in a taxi? They must have been pretty Bitcoin-knowledgable to utilise something such as QR Code Bitcoin Notes, because i'm pretty sure you wouldn't have had a laptop with BitPay on 24/7.

Tell us the full story, or take matters into your own hands. It seems fabricated, or you are hiding something.

I used the mtgox mobile app and calculated the  price in btc.

There is a button "Transfer"  this generates a QR code and other people can scan it and send a payment. But must customers were just buying bitcoins. I gave them a paper wallet from  https://www.bitaddress.org/

I see, but can you answer my first question?

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 05:57:23 PM

This forum is full is horrible, horrible human beings.

Right you judging us makes you not "horrible"?

You are an idiot.

Go plaster your landlord's apartment/home with bitcoin and see what he does.

LOL

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

defxor

Activity: 530

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 06:10:40 PM

because i exchanged the received bitcoins to € and give my boss just €.

Then I do not see any legal reasons your boss might have for firing you over accepting bitcoins. Basically what you did never showed up in his/her administration and accounting.

I've paid cab fares in the wrong currency a few times (I'm a frequent traveller). I'm quite sure those drivers weren't fired, and happily accepted the bonus I paid on the exchange rate.

Sorry for losing your job, but I suspect there's more to the story.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:29:50 PM

because i exchanged the received bitcoins to € and give my boss just €.

Then I do not see any legal reasons your boss might have for firing you over accepting bitcoins. Basically what you did never showed up in his/her administration and accounting.

I've paid cab fares in the wrong currency a few times (I'm a frequent traveller). I'm quite sure those drivers weren't fired, and happily accepted the bonus I paid on the exchange rate.

Sorry for losing your job, but I suspect there's more to the story.

+1 This ^

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: