Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:38:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alledged Bitcoin founder chooses gold  (Read 1555 times)
deisik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 09:39:08 AM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 10:49:36 AM by deisik

Some excerpts from the recent article at ZH (for what it's worth)

Last Wednesday, we brought you the story of Craig Steven Wright who was “outed” by Wired and Gizmodo as Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonymous founder of bitcoin
Mr Wright has alleged payments were made in August 2013 of $38.8m — then the equivalent of 245,103 Bitcoin — for Siemens software and gold from Paynes. He then claimed payments were made to Mr Ferrier of $20.3m — or 135,100 Bitcoin — in September 2013 for the “core software” from Al-Baraka
The takeaway: if you believe Wright is Satoshi, then the founder of bitcoin is skeptical enough of his creation's intrinsic value compared to hard assets that he was at one time willing to trade a sizeable portion of his cryptocurrency wealth for physical gold

Why am I not surprised?

No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:07:18 AM

he is not satoshi, is yet to be proven, i'm not believeing him, he also does not look like "satoshi" at all

and afaik satoshi did not hate gold, since bitcoin is based on it somehow, the mining aspect, the rarity etc...gold inspired it i'm sure
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:01:08 PM

Oh boy these journalists are looking for nothing but a sensations!  Wright is not a damn Satoshi people, please get over it!
erwin45hacked
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:49:16 PM

Oh boy these journalists are looking for nothing but a sensations!  Wright is not a damn Satoshi people, please get over it!

All these articles have show that this guy is either satoshi or a hoaxer , real good hoaxer actually. IF he is indeed the creator of bitcoin then there is no way that he choose other currency over what he has believe to be the worlds currency ( thought that the reason he created bitcoin wasnt it )
RustyNoman

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:58:36 PM

I thought Satoshi has not touched his bitcoin yet. That was the conclusion of previous research which claimed he got 1 million coins.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 03:07:19 PM

he is not satoshi, is yet to be proven, i'm not believeing him, he also does not look like "satoshi" at all

How would you know what satoshi looks like?

I don't think that this guy was satoshi either. I believe that the real satoshi will never come out. Look at what happened with all the fake ones, all the speculations are just too much for 1 person. I also believe that satoshi isn't just one person, but a group of people who came up with bitcoin.
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 03:58:03 PM

I don't think that this guy was satoshi either. I believe that the real satoshi will never come out. Look at what happened with all the fake ones, all the speculations are just too much for 1 person. I also believe that satoshi isn't just one person, but a group of people who came up with bitcoin.

Wtf, people are still arguing whether William Shakespeare (an English poet of the 16th century, just in case, lol) was actually the author of the works attributed to him, some other person, or even a group of authors writing under this name...

odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:43:58 PM

Last Wednesday, we brought you the story of Craig Steven Wright who was “outed” by Wired and Gizmodo as Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonymous founder of bitcoin
Mr Wright has alleged payments were made in August 2013 of $38.8m — then the equivalent of 245,103 Bitcoin — for Siemens software and gold from Paynes. He then claimed payments were made to Mr Ferrier of $20.3m — or 135,100 Bitcoin — in September 2013 for the “core software” from Al-Baraka
The takeaway: if you believe Wright is Satoshi, then the founder of bitcoin is skeptical enough of his creation's intrinsic value compared to hard assets that he was at one time willing to trade a sizeable portion of his cryptocurrency wealth for physical gold

Why am I not surprised?

They are saying that Satoshi spent nearly 400,000 BTC (8,000 block rewards) in 2013, yet none of his bitcoins have been moved as far as anyone can tell. How can that be?

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 04:46:04 PM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 05:14:17 PM by deisik

Why am I not surprised?

They are saying that Satoshi spent nearly 400,000 BTC (8,000 block rewards) in 2013, yet none of his bitcoins have been moved as far as anyone can tell. How can that be?

He transferred the keys? Or just moved the coins that no one has previously associated with him

OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:55:17 PM

The whole Wright case in Australia is very strange, yet complex.

I would like to look at one component here: Wright's strange way he wanted to buy gold.  Rather than buy, say, from The Perth Mint (Australia after all) or even a Swiss gold refinery, he starts hanging out with a presumably sketchy guy.

WTF is that?  Were I looking to offload a bunch of BTC for gold (and yes, if I had a huge holding of BTC I would want the diversification), I would look to buy real gold from a real supplier.

BTC is great, really!  But, buying and holding some gold is just a smart thing to do with a HOARD of BTC.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:00:15 PM

I thought Satoshi has not touched his bitcoin yet. That was the conclusion of previous research which claimed he got 1 million coins.

You thought right.
None of the coins which are related to Satoshi have ever moved.
This Mr. Wright is far away from being the real satoshi nakamoto.
But we will hear and read about him for some more time.
As long as the media can make a nice headline with him I think we will have to take it.
Just try to ignore this nonsense.I'm doing it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:08:10 PM

not a troller like this one for sure, based on his technical knowledge, i would assume a more serious guy and a bit more nerdy look

and yes i'm also believing that he can be a group or at least he his the boss of the group
deisik (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 06:12:55 PM

The whole Wright case in Australia is very strange, yet complex.

Besides that, 400,000 BTC is a pretty decent amount which that Mr. Wright had prior to 2013. What is his rank in the Bitcoin pecking order?

Surely, he might know who is Satoshi if he is not him himself

mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:21:30 PM

I also think so and if we search for the first generated or mined coin than that coin is still untouched. I also believe real satoshi is not anymore alive.
Skjöld

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:35:33 PM

and afaik satoshi did not hate gold, since bitcoin is based on it somehow, the mining aspect, the rarity etc...gold inspired it i'm sure

The comparison with gold is a nice one, I've never found it. I also highly doubt that this guys is Satoshi, a bit based on facts and a bit based on the desire to see him stay anonymous.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 06:50:47 PM

Why am I not surprised?

Dorian does not prefer Bitcoin and Craig is a scammer.  Smiley

Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:10:44 AM

No-one believes he's satoshi, unless he signs a legitimate PGP key. All we have is some dodgy evidence and his word. Satoshi always acted business-like and serious, but this guy really seems egotistical. Maybe now, when everyone has eyes on him, he wants bitcoin to drop so he can buy more? Cheesy
Rabber

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:41:38 AM

I also think so and if we search for the first generated or mined coin than that coin is still untouched. I also believe real satoshi is not anymore alive.

Why do so many people think he is dead? Him not moving his known coins could be for any number of reasons. So could him stepping away from bitcoin, like for his own safety or because he doesn't want to be seen as the figurehead of bitcoin because it is a decentralized  currency for everyone and he didn't create it for himself.

MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 04:42:32 AM

This is completely untrue because:

Craig Wright is not Satoshi.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:48:24 AM

Yeah they probably picked up some guy that wanted to become famous  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: