Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:26:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused?  (Read 26751 times)
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3258

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:01:15 AM

The overwhelming opinion here is not surprising: Bitcoin will last forever because nobody can kill it. Of course, that's the opinion you would expect at a Bitcoin fanboy site like this one.

However, I believe that Bitcoin could die out simply because people lose interest. It could be a fad like Tie Dye, Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch dolls, or CB radio. Or it could simply become obsolete like answering machines, fax machines, laser disks, 8-track tapes, cassette tapes, CDs, and soon DVDs.

If you have never heard of some of these, then let me tell you they were all much bigger than Bitcoin is now, and they are gone forever.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Bjiornulf (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 05:59:32 AM

Ok I maybes messed up with my opinion, for sure there will still be someone to use it. But who cares half a million people use bitcoin? And the simple people just want somethibg EASY to use : you got a credit card and you just need to know a 4 number code, easy as hell and it is already the standart.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 06:17:18 AM

Ok I maybes messed up with my opinion, for sure there will still be someone to use it. But who cares half a million people use bitcoin? And the simple people just want somethibg EASY to use : you got a credit card and you just need to know a 4 number code, easy as hell and it is already the standart.

It'll be great for those half a million people that use a currency that isn't subject to inflation or political interference...the value of 1 Bitcoin will continue to increase compared to fiat currencies, making those half a million people able to prosper.

That's enough reason for me (but certainly not the only, best, or greatest.)
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 06:36:42 AM

I don't think bitcoins have a good futur. Not much people use them and there is no real use for these people. The problem is that the people that doesn't use it is the majority of the planet. And you, what do you think about this? Will bitcoins have a glorious future or a realy bad one?

More wages paid in Bitcoins is what we really need. It's the only way for mainstream adoption. In other case, Bitcoin can become only a good store of value.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 06:49:18 AM

how about fee ?
also in my opinion credit card is "fake money", it is only "online number" without back up anything, it's like fiat in bank, bitcoin is "real thing in online world" . you will never lost any satoshi for hold it, and bitcoin can not go bankrupt, and someday if bank get bankrupt you lost your money

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

Blind Legs Parker

Activity: 2002
Merit: 721

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 06:50:34 AM

The overwhelming opinion here is not surprising: Bitcoin will last forever because nobody can kill it. Of course, that's the opinion you would expect at a Bitcoin fanboy site like this one.

However, I believe that Bitcoin could die out simply because people lose interest. It could be a fad like Tie Dye, Beanie Babies, Cabbage Patch dolls, or CB radio. Or it could simply become obsolete like answering machines, fax machines, laser disks, 8-track tapes, cassette tapes, CDs, and soon DVDs.

If you have never heard of some of these, then let me tell you they were all much bigger than Bitcoin is now, and they are gone forever.

CDs are gone? Well that's first news, man. I didn't know  Grin

Your obsolete stuff was once massively popular before it became obsolete, and the reason is that something more massive came up and took its place. Answering machines still exist.
Fax machines are obsolete in most countries (notably not Japan though) because of the email.
Laser disks... errr what exactly is that bird? (seriously, I mean, I don't know what that is. How is it different from a CD ?).
8-track tapes and cassette tapes became obsolete because of the CD
Cd's and Dvd's are still well alive, maybe even more so than blu-ray. For some reason blu-ray never made it to become broadly used and remained a bourgeois thing. I, for one, have never used one, not ever.

And it's funny because following the exact same logic you had here, I'd say that the deflationary system modern fiat is based on is right about to become obsolete because of bitcoin. I have an idea. Let's meet again in 10 years and see which one of us was right  Grin.

I'll give it to you: bitcoin also might simply fail at becoming popular and end up like a lot of great inventions that just failed for some reason. Only that it becomes harder and harder for it to fail with every passing day as it increases in popularity. The trend is not exactly that bitcoin is failing at becoming popular. Actually it's quite the opposite, really.
Bitcoin is not easy to use and it is indeed a very important issue now, but you can trust developers and engineers to come up with ideas to change in in the coming years. This problem is only one because the blockchain is a new technology. Time and hard work will get us a way around that.

Vous pouvez maintenant refermer ce topic et reprendre une activité normale. À ciao bonsoir.
Whosdaddy

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:17:56 AM

It'll be great for those half a million people that use a currency that isn't subject to inflation or political interference...the value of 1 Bitcoin will continue to increase compared to fiat currencies, making those half a million people able to prosper.

That's enough reason for me (but certainly not the only, best, or greatest.)

Even if the government are interfering in the development of bitcoin ecosystem, significantly nothing can be changed. Because bitcoin has all the needed things to exist without any support from government. When there is no need of exchange into fiat, then there is no need of any government support.
Coin0fMisery

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:18:01 AM

No, i think they will be used online.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:33:17 AM

Look at the lifespan those products had. They where much longer than bitcoins current lifespan. Bitcoin is still an infant with alot to learn.

Also, people wont lose interest very fast because it is associated with wealth and people want that. A beanie baby? Sure some went for a lot, but it is quite a niche market and to be honest, dolls are not cool, bitcoins are.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 08:37:51 AM

i don't think so, there is no losing interest in something that is so revolutionary, and we have already seen this

after the 1200 ath crash people did lost interest in bitcoin, and than we got in fact the crash, but now we are recovering again

bitcoin it's not something like a brand that people can lose interest about, it's money it will always remain there, and the price will increase to accomodate mining
ATguy

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 10:42:22 AM

how about fee ?

This, by using credit card you you voluntarily paying about 2% of every purchase to this service. Worse yet, this 2% is hidden so it looks like using credit card is free, but at the end every customer pas to pay the VISA/MC % fees. Better if everyone just used cash or Bitcoin online instead = cheaper shopping

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 11:22:46 AM

simply question, simple answer ......Bright future
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 12:38:27 PM

There's just too much time and money invested to cryptocurrencies, I don't think bitcoin will ever die unless no one uses it anymore. I personally won't stop using btc so long as you guys and those merchants accepting btc keep accepting as well. AS of now, btc is now and at the same time an investment which will grow for years and years.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:13:07 PM

The problem is that if the bitcoin development comes to a standstill, people will just stop using it.
Then it's waiting for it to vanish.
you know bitcoin continues to grow, bitcoin is not running in place there is always a renewal, such as block halving, I think it includes the development of bitcoin
a7mos

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:16:33 PM

Bitcoin may disappear in the future ? yeah, IMO it may happen if there will be a new invention related to cryptography and better that bitcoin. I do not mean an altcoin.
 And maybe supercomputers will be invented in the future and bitcoin security will be useless. I'm just guessing
Alaki

Activity: 266

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:23:58 PM

I don't think bitcoins have a good futur. Not much people use them and there is no real use for these people. The problem is that the people that doesn't use it is the majority of the planet. And you, what do you think about this? Will bitcoins have a glorious future or a realy bad one?
You know that slow but steady wins the race ? Bitcoin is growing slowly and steadily in many countries. One day will come when It will be the world's No.#1 Digital e-currency
Ubertroco

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 01:28:23 PM

I think it will disapear but it will take a while. Bitcoin is just the first of a kind. Better ones will surge.

Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 02:21:16 PM

I hope not but yes eventually it could dissapear.
Nothing last forever, well gold maybe but that's a different story.
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 03:01:54 PM

Yes, not many people use them and know it. However, here they are, with a good value and many of those who use them, taking a profit.

Perhaps it will never pass this level, but even if that does not happen, it will still be a good way to trade, earn or save some money. It might have not a greater future than this, but it still has a good present.

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 03:20:44 PM

It will disappear, but not in the near future. No currency ever has lasted forever (or am I wrong?, any currency with 1000+ years of use?) and Bitcoin is not going to be the exception to the rule. How will it disappear?, only time will tell, may be a new technology where Blockchain cannot exist will take over or if a global government is ever stablished and it decides to ban Bitcoin and prosecute its users.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: