Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:24:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think bitcoins will disapear or become unused?  (Read 26751 times)
RoseMann

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 05:33:08 PM

I actually do believe that this will happen one day but it will take something major to happen first, that major thing will be the mass adoption of bitcoin. Once enough people begin to use BTC it will slow the transaction speed to a point that it is no longer a competitive speed for a comfortable transaction. once it is not comparable to its competitors and older services such as western union become a more feasible form a wire transaction again Bitcoin will cease to be used. However a new coin will surely take its place having fixed all issues bitcoin has currently. There are already millions of new coins that come out on a variety of exchanges every day. Any one of them can be the next Bitcoin that is only worth fractions of a penny right now.

But in short, yes , just first it will require two things

1. Mass adoption of BTC
2. Failure of BTC to compete due to over usage of blockchain

Also even after that happens i Believe people will still trade BTC for years and years just as collectors do with baseball cards just because it will always have been the first big crypto coin

We it can still be a commodity, gold do not have a wire transaction but look at its a price even if it is just a type of stone or metal. I think something can come up once there will be a problem with the speed of transactions.

Cmon dude, Gold has many uses outside of currency, its used as jewelry, its used on circuit boards in almost all modern technology. I don't believe Bitcoin would become a commodity if it failed, it would merely become a collectors item as i stated previously.

electronicfactura

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 05:36:42 PM

I don't think that Bitcoin will disappear or becomes unused ever. It has reached to the point where it has to move just in one direction which is ahead. Bitcoin has been suppressed in last couple of years but it survived what made it more stronger than ever. We all know future is of digital currencies where Bitcoin will have central position because of limited supply and deflationary feature.
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 05:38:43 PM

I actually do believe that this will happen one day but it will take something major to happen first, that major thing will be the mass adoption of bitcoin. Once enough people begin to use BTC it will slow the transaction speed to a point that it is no longer a competitive speed for a comfortable transaction. once it is not comparable to its competitors and older services such as western union become a more feasible form a wire transaction again Bitcoin will cease to be used. However a new coin will surely take its place having fixed all issues bitcoin has currently. There are already millions of new coins that come out on a variety of exchanges every day. Any one of them can be the next Bitcoin that is only worth fractions of a penny right now.

1. Mass adoption of BTC

Also even after that happens i Believe people will still trade BTC for years and years just as collectors do with baseball cards just because it will always have been the first big crypto coin

We it can still be a commodity, gold do not have a wire transaction but look at its a price even if it is just a type of stone or metal. I think something can come up once there will be a problem with the speed of transactions.

Cmon dude, Gold has many uses outside of currency, its used as jewelry, its used on circuit boards in almost all modern technology. I don't believe Bitcoin would become a commodity if it failed, it would merely become a collectors item as i stated previously.
I would almost say it would have to become a collector's item to be honest, aside from being a currency or investment there are very few other uses it has, and it doesn't serve much of a purpose as a commodity if it can't be used with anything. Gold and silver have uses, basically every other commodity has some use outside of it's existence. Bitcoin does not.
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 05:39:42 PM

If the bitcoin will be continue to decrease, there is still people continue to trust it. Buying it cheap and waiting for it to rise again, unfortunately bitcoin will become un used of no other believe in it, if the adoption still there it is still continue to use even if the price will going low.

Bitcoin will become unused if it goes to below $100 level and if it happens majority of users will stop using it and will prefer to invest somewhere else from where they can make good profits.
RoseMann

Activity: 270

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 05:54:44 PM

If the bitcoin will be continue to decrease, there is still people continue to trust it. Buying it cheap and waiting for it to rise again, unfortunately bitcoin will become un used of no other believe in it, if the adoption still there it is still continue to use even if the price will going low.

Bitcoin will become unused if it goes to below $100 level and if it happens majority of users will stop using it and will prefer to invest somewhere else from where they can make good profits.

Nope, it would still definitely be used at that price. that has actually happened before. after BTC hit 285$ per coin for the first time it  crashed and hit 60$ for almost a year and millions of people around the world still traded and mined it until it bounced back and after it hit 1000$ it has fallen to below 300$ and it still did not stop it.

psomas2

Activity: 304

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:23:38 PM

1. Mass adoption of BTC

I pretty much agree with this accept, I do not believe people will even collect it if its worth nothing. You can look at a baseball card and it becomes nostalgia over time, you cant look at or enjoy a digital code saved on a hard drive. (even if you have the entire collection of codes. lol)  Grin

Rule #1 Never get emotional when trading.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:34:01 PM

Nope, it would still definitely be used at that price. that has actually happened before. after BTC hit 285$ per coin for the first time it  crashed and hit 60$ for almost a year and millions of people around the world still traded and mined it until it bounced back and after it hit 1000$ it has fallen to below 300$ and it still did not stop it.

Yes there are very less chances that bitcoin will become unused in future, people will continue to invest in it and using it even if price goes lower as price drop will allow people to buy some more coins.
Cryptonitex

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 06:56:34 PM

I don't think that it will ever disappear, because there's a lot of money to be made, even if you counter out all the advantages it has as a currency,
and a point of value media.
Another point is that it's also the very first crypto currency, and that it's decentralized - so it can't be controlled or simply shut down.

Can't governments make it illegal to mine bitcoin? If they do, there's no network, and no bitcoin.

But there will always be people to do it illegal. Then that's when it's time to mine, when their all out of the way.
newcripto

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 07:02:21 PM

No, I don't think Bitcoin can disappear or become unused in future. There is no doubt that it will be widely accepted and used in future. It is not something unpopular but has a market capital investment in bullion of dollars. People who put money into Bitcoin's market will make their investment grow more not to let it becoming dust. Bitcoin will live and grow in coexistence with current monetary system.
jerelimZ

Activity: 447

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 07:07:34 PM

No, I don't think Bitcoin can disappear or become unused in future. There is no doubt that it will be widely accepted and used in future. It is not something unpopular but has a market capital investment in bullion of dollars. People who put money into Bitcoin's market will make their investment grow more not to let it becoming dust. Bitcoin will live and grow in coexistence with current monetary system.
Yes and if people have invested their money into it then they will definitely take care of it by supporting it and there is no doubt that bitcoin will be more powerful in future holding higher price.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

Akupuniard

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 07:21:04 PM

Sure, everything can happen to bitcoin in theory, if price become cheap or somethign else will happen, people will also stop using bitcoin cause it's not profitable.

psomas2

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 07:28:04 PM

there is a very small chance it could disappear if mass adoption breaks it. if the transaction time say took 24 hours, people would stop using it, which would then lower the transaction speed and peopel would start again.. ok you win

Rastaman2016

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 07:54:59 PM

there is a very small chance it could disappear if mass adoption breaks it. if the transaction time say took 24 hours, people would stop using it, which would then lower the transaction speed and peopel would start again.. ok you win
The credit system of banks and blokcheyn is not the same thing. Answer the question, how much money banks earn from lending operations of the world? Now tell me how do bitcoin exists in the world. So get someone more popular and that there will be longer.
psomas2

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:13:11 PM

The credit system of banks and blokcheyn is not the same thing. Answer the question, how much money banks earn from lending operations of the world? Now tell me how do bitcoin exists in the world. So get someone more popular and that there will be longer.

I don't understand what you are saying

marketgold

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 12:15:58 AM

I dont think bitcoins will dissaper . It resisted much years and it grew . I think that in future more people will use it online and also in real life(not online)
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 02:30:23 AM

I dont think bitcoins will dissaper . It resisted much years and it grew . I think that in future more people will use it online and also in real life(not online)
Me also i do not think it will disappear because we all see how bitcoin works as of now and a lot of people starting to adopt bitcoin and if the massive adoption happen bitcoin will be more popular and it would be great digital currency in the future.
psomas2

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:21:34 AM

Me also i do not think it will disappear because we all see how bitcoin works as of now and a lot of people starting to adopt bitcoin and if the massive adoption happen bitcoin will be more popular and it would be great digital currency in the future.

if too many people adopt Bitcoin it will slow the transaction speed to a point where it would no longer be worthwhile to use it for a transaction. Its been proven, at best a newer coin could replace it.

lottery248
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005

beware of your keys.

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 04:26:08 AM

if too many people adopt Bitcoin it will slow the transaction speed to a point where it would no longer be worthwhile to use it for a transaction. Its been proven, at best a newer coin could replace it.
bitcoin is not lasting forever as the technology renews by generation.
indeed, that’s why bitcoin is open sourced.

out of ability to use the signature, i want a new ban strike policy that will fade the strike after 90~120 days of the ban and not to be traced back, like google | email me for anything urgent, message will possibly not be instantly responded
i am not really active for some reason
Dark.Angel

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:21:15 AM

Bitcoin will never be broken because we use this as ecurrency and payment for a job or anything and stock limit
And also we use it for our real life to buy goods, services or to pay for bills and also it uses it for any company
thats why bitcoin will never broken..
cambda

Activity: 759
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2016, 08:30:23 AM

Bitcoin is not going anywhere at least for next 10 years, and if it survives till that point then we can expect that it will go even longer but I don't think that it will become unused, as if people have bitcoins then they will surely use it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: