Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:54:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: $20,087.25 worth of BTC for sale.  (Read 6184 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ClownSpider (OP)

Activity: 570
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:05:09 PM

Bitpay is the one true answer here. The op obviously failed at convincing the dealership to even open an account. Its sad.
Failed?  You try convincing a dealer, or any retail store to accept bitcoin then!  It is sad that you do not realize how small and closed off the world of bitcoin really is.   It is also sad that you talk without reading.  Bitpay is not an option.  Don't make me repeat myself, because I won't.  Read next time.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:14:35 PM

I agree that there is always risk involved even when dealing with third party escrows regardless of how trusted they are so perhaps a multi-sig escrow solution would be best for your current needs?
Yeah these escrow guys claim they have almost done escrow for 75,000 bitcoin transactions!!!
HA HA HA HA what a load of bullshit.   People would meet each other in fucking person for a deal that large.
This is why I don't trust these exit scamming escrow thieves.  They are anonymous, make transactions with themselves to build a fake history of "look I managed a 60k deal last month!".  So fake.

But like you said, if you don't trust someone, don't use them. I'm just another guy who does 50k USD in transactions every month albeit not in bitcoin though.
Here's an old one:
http://blockchain.info/address/1Dabso5tsVpM9oZKxu8h4WYUUxjkwxC25Q
50k every month?  But your example is 20 months old, and also it is in bitcoin which you said it wouldn't be.

I get people asking for proof, it's annoying but I prove it.
I don't say 'every month' and flash a 20 month old transaction.

It's cool, you don't need to prove anything to me, I won't verify it because I already trust nobody basically.

I agree that there is always risk involved even when dealing with third party escrows regardless of how trusted they are so perhaps a multi-sig escrow solution would be best for your current needs?

What is a multi-sig escrow?  10 different escrow people?  Tried, and most got mad that they were not asked individually as just one.  More reason I don't trust them.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:24:56 PM

1). Hmm. Since when has overstock stopped taking btc? I shop there all the time. And if you look at the link I sent, you will see that they do sell used and new cars of every kind.
2). have not shopped with them.
3). Not sure where Tesla is at the moment. But they have announced that they will build you a car for bitcoin if you ask them. 

When did overstock ever start accepting bitcoin?
I see overstock.com/bitcoin claims all kinds of stuff.
Yet bitcoin is not an option at checkout.  Not even when I read everything and follow instructions.
You shop on overstock, but do you use bitcoin??

I see overstock does not sell cars, they sell advertising links that link to car dealerships, who of course do not accept bitcoin.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 06:41:41 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 06:56:56 PM by RodeoX

1). Hmm. Since when has overstock stopped taking btc? I shop there all the time. And if you look at the link I sent, you will see that they do sell used and new cars of every kind.
2). have not shopped with them.
3). Not sure where Tesla is at the moment. But they have announced that they will build you a car for bitcoin if you ask them.  

When did overstock ever start accepting bitcoin?
I see overstock.com/bitcoin claims all kinds of stuff.
Yet bitcoin is not an option at checkout.  Not even when I read everything and follow instructions.
You shop on overstock, but do you use bitcoin??

I see overstock does not sell cars, they sell advertising links that link to car dealerships, who of course do not accept bitcoin.
Oh yeah, I've spent thousands there. I just checked and found that if I log in and proceed to checkout there are payment options, including bitcoin. I see it on the same page that prompts me for a shipping address.
I have not bought a car from them but I thought it worked like this:
Dealers advertise on overstock and If someone buys then overstock basically buys it cheaper from the dealer and resells it to you at the advertised price. The dealer takes a bit of a hit, but does nothing to get the sale. So your right, its not their car they are selling. More like a scheme that makes both parties a profit.

EDIT: here is a pic.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:19:50 PM

Perhaps I need an account on overstock to access the bitcoin payment option.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 03:04:51 AM

Why dont you ask the car vendor to get a bitpay account. He can probably get it up and running quickly and then there is no need for this middle man on the forum.

I did.
And the video on bitcoin.org is perfect as a sales pitch for their business to accept BTC.
No dealers will play with BTC.
I tried very hard.
They act like they don't need my business unless I have cash or finance it on a loan.
One accepted credit card, but wanted 2-3 days for the payment to clear before letting me have the car!  wow.
Sucks that they treat you like this but if you can pay on creedit card just do it and wait the three days. Why cant you wait 3 days for the car?

I will as a last resort, but I will do better if possible.
By CC I can use e-coin to get virtual credit cards, and make multiple transactions for the total.  Just as much work, but takes 3 days.
When you shop in a store they don't tell you, "thank you please come back in 3 days".  So that threw me off.
I guarantee you that waiting for a bank transfer/cc payment to go through will be much faster than looking for your current deal.

Good luck!
nichlahghe5

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:11:20 AM

Bitpay is the one true answer here. The op obviously failed at convincing the dealership to even open an account. Its sad.
Failed?  You try convincing a dealer, or any retail store to accept bitcoin then!  It is sad that you do not realize how small and closed off the world of bitcoin really is.   It is also sad that you talk without reading.  Bitpay is not an option.  Don't make me repeat myself, because I won't.  Read next time.

Listen here mate. Without going into too much information in public I'll have you know I have convinced many businesses who sell goods to sell them to me in bitcoin. I explained how easy it was. Set them up with an account on a major exchange and always got the deal done. Once for a sports car valued at $58.000 The problem here is not bitcoin, nor is it the "closed off bitcoin world" as you call it its your ability to pitch bitcoin to the dealership. Bitcoin is money. If someone walked in there with a check would they turn it away? I don't think so. You my friend failed. Not Bitcoin.

Now go back to that dealership and show the salesman who's the real salesman in this deal.

Good luck.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:47:03 AM

I would talk to the dealer about accepting the bitcoin directly. I have had success convincing companies to take bitcoin via Coinbase/Bitpay - just tell them that at the end they'll have the money wired/ACH'ed to them from the service, and they won't have to touch BTC at all. It's simple and safe for them esp. when they're selling something physical like this - they can simply just wait until the $$ clears to their bank before proceeding.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:05:37 AM

Yeah these escrow guys claim they have almost done escrow for 75,000 bitcoin transactions!!!
HA HA HA HA what a load of bullshit.   People would meet each other in fucking person for a deal that large.
This is why I don't trust these exit scamming escrow thieves.  They are anonymous, make transactions with themselves to build a fake history of "look I managed a 60k deal last month!".  So fake.

^ I do have old escrow addresses and contracts that show deals more then that in terms of escrowing, and I'm pretty sure there's people that does more nowadays. Bitcoin is getting huge, and there's people trading bitcoin for significant amounts of money regularly.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 01:13:13 PM

But like you said, if you don't trust someone, don't use them. I'm just another guy who does 50k USD in transactions every month albeit not in bitcoin though.
Here's an old one:
http://blockchain.info/address/1Dabso5tsVpM9oZKxu8h4WYUUxjkwxC25Q
50k every month?  But your example is 20 months old, and also it is in bitcoin which you said it wouldn't be.

I get people asking for proof, it's annoying but I prove it.
I don't say 'every month' and flash a 20 month old transaction.

It's cool, you don't need to prove anything to me, I won't verify it because I already trust nobody basically.

What is a multi-sig escrow?  10 different escrow people?  Tried, and most got mad that they were not asked individually as just one.  More reason I don't trust them.

You sent 10 busy people a message to escrow and called us all exit scammers Roll Eyes. You did not even have a buyer before sending the message either...amazing we all said no.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:54:30 PM

You sent 10 busy people a message to escrow and called us all exit scammers Roll Eyes. You did not even have a buyer before sending the message either...amazing we all said no.

The "buyer" backed out, saying he did not mean to imply he was willing to do the deal, even though it looked that way.
No, only 2 guys out of 10 said no.  Or were offended they didn't get the full deal.
Are you the one claiming you did a 75,000 Bitcoin deal? 
Or the one claiming 50k a month, quoting a transaction from 20 months ago?
IF SO, then yes I am calling that person specifically an exit scammer.
Stop crying.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 06:56:56 PM

Listen here mate. Without going into too much information in public I'll have you know I have convinced many businesses who sell goods to sell them to me in bitcoin. I explained how easy it was. Set them up with an account on a major exchange and always got the deal done. Once for a sports car valued at $58.000 The problem here is not bitcoin, nor is it the "closed off bitcoin world" as you call it its your ability to pitch bitcoin to the dealership. Bitcoin is money. If someone walked in there with a check would they turn it away? I don't think so. You my friend failed. Not Bitcoin.

Now go back to that dealership and show the salesman who's the real salesman in this deal.

Good luck.

You try and talk a dealer into accepting bitcoin...  It will not happen.
They don't even take credit card.
Checks?  Who the fuck accepts a check in 2015?
If you can talk a dealer into accepting bitcoin, I will give you $400 USD in bitcoin.
You are a big talker, put it to use.  PM me and I will give you all the details for the area, and you can use that area on Craigslist to find one of the cars, call the dealer and spin your Bitcoin talk on them.   You won't because you know it would be a waste of time and nobody will accept bitcoin.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 07:42:14 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2015, 08:02:22 PM by ClownSpider

Will you again delete my post ? Second time ive quote the guy who said he will wire you the 20k. Now stop your BS.

You're an attention whore, nothing will get done here youre all talk.

NOBODY on this thread offered to wire 20k!
Get your troll but off the thread.
Nobody wants your newbie, 5 post count butt trolling here.
Yes I will delete you =)
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:01:44 PM

I did not purchase this account, thanks.
You are hiding behind an alt name.

I have signed for the account with 42,000 USD just to show I have money to buy a car.
Nobody is stupid enough to scam a car, with paperwork, registration, title, and VIN.

Get the fuck out of here, troll.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:36:26 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2015, 08:52:46 PM by ClownSpider

Youre nothing more than an attention whore.
You can delete my post all you want i have screenshot and proof in my pm yourr all talk.

Proof of what?
That I accepted an escrow deal for a large item with tons of paperwork and registration?
Proof of you being a troll?
Proof that I digitally signed for my 42,000 in bitcoin?
lol
Get a life, troll.
You must be the exit scamming escrow guy claiming to have done 75,000 deals.
You are trolling with your anonymous alt now, because you are mad?
cashoutservices

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:58:22 PM

You can delete my post all you want i have screenshot and proof in my pm yourr all talk.

Proof of what?
That I accepted an escrow deal for a large item with tons of paperwork and registration?
lol
Get a life, troll.

He quote the guy two time. Why are you claiming that no one offer you the $20k ? The post is on second page.

ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:13:23 PM

Proof of what?
lol
Get a life, troll.

He quote the guy two time. Why are you claiming that no one offer you the $20k ? The post is on second page.

He quoted WHAT?
Nobody said "Yes I will wire you 20k."  Nobody.
One guy said I should use 10 escrow people because of the size of this deal.
Turns out, that guy is NOT offering to do this deal.
Therefore, NOBODY is sending 20k to any car dealership.

So who is the person that is accepting my offer, not talking to me, and not PMing me?
I was given the tip that beepi.com accepts BTC for cars.
And I am going with Beepi.com
On my way out, I replied to some sad escrow guys that are sad that I would not trust an anonymous person with 20k in BTC.

This is my thread, I think I would know if someone accepted my deal or not.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:15:19 PM

choose 10 different escrows here and send them 2k each. Il wire you the cash.

This guy did not make any deal with me, because escrow guys want all the money and would not be willing to accept 2k each when they smell a taste of 20k.
ClownSpider (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 09:29:43 PM

Eneilwex said "choose 10 different escrows here and send them 2k each. Il wire you the cash." Looks like aj offer to me.
Anyway good luck finding what you're looking for.
Cheers

Kindly stop flooding with unneeded quote chains.  Please limit quotes to ONE quote so your point is not lost in an avalanche.
As I have already said.... that deal did not work, and I explained why.
Cheers.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:58:19 PM

The "buyer" backed out, saying he did not mean to imply he was willing to do the deal, even though it looked that way.
No, only 2 guys out of 10 said no.  Or were offended they didn't get the full deal.
Are you the one claiming you did a 75,000 Bitcoin deal?  
Or the one claiming 50k a month, quoting a transaction from 20 months ago?
IF SO, then yes I am calling that person specifically an exit scammer.
Stop crying.

That was OgNasty not me, and no he is not an exit scammer. I simply said 10 escrows was ridiculous especially only holding 2k each.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: