Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:03:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So do you really think Craig Wright is Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 5326 times)
anonymousx (OP)

Activity: 431
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:36:43 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvQTwjVmrE
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3358695/Suspected-Bitcoin-founder-paid-85m-worth-cybercurrency-buy-gold-software-told-good-insurance-funny-money.html
http://www.wired.com/2015/12/new-clues-suggest-satoshi-suspect-craig-wright-may-be-a-hoaxer/
http://www.neowin.net/news/bitcoins-alleged-founder-has-home-raided-by-police
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:38:55 AM

Not at all. Satoshi wouldn't be publicly talking about bitcoins.

Another misdirection by the media.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
DimensionZ

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 06:12:58 AM

It's probably some businessman seeking attention from the media.

~Bitcoin~
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 06:25:12 AM

No not any cost, satoshi doesn't like to be public so why he will talk freely about bitcoin like craig wright is doing right now. And all of those news are to get some traffic to their blogs and videos. I don't find truth behind these news.

larem

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 06:52:17 AM

No not any cost, satoshi doesn't like to be public so why he will talk freely about bitcoin like craig wright is doing right now. And all of those news are to get some traffic to their blogs and videos. I don't find truth behind these news.

Yep, this is all just like the other "Satohis" they've found in the past. In reality, there's a little Satoshi in all of us, Smiley.

hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:28:16 AM

he just people who want to be famous
 Roll Eyes
Wright had listed two PhDs on his since-deleted LinkedIn page, one from Charles Sturt University in Bathurst, Australia, in computer science. But that university now tells Forbes that it never gave Wright any PhDs, although it granted him three master’s degrees in related fields: Networking and Systems Administration, Management (Information Technology), and Information Systems Security.
LiquidGamerX

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 07:45:34 AM

The major news, and media organisation researchers/writers/reporters still can't seem to grasp the concept of openSource.  Seems to be standard practice for all the news corporations to misead/misinform/fabricate information on anything they fear, and don't understand.

Look what they did to the groups that used to frequent 4chan, irc channels, icq, and other mediums. Successfully labeling a constantly changing unnamed leaderless groups of random people as a "hacker collective" called "Anonymous".  News organizations consistently apply labels, and affiliate associates to events.  The publication under Satoshi was just a clever blueprint for integrating already available open source applications.  Nothing had to be invented in the beginning.

Hell I used to play around with some of the software underlying the bitcoin platform before it was considered a "speculative commodity"/currency long long ago.  If I remember correctly, It was under the same category as the fold@home way back in the early parts of 2000-2002(I think that's what it was called from MIT).  Collective computing, solving complex operations.

While people outside the cryptocurrency community may be influenced by these pseudo-stories the news companies try to feed the public. The die-hards, and those from within the community will always know the truth.

If you want to know who/what is behind Bitcoin, learn about open source software (GNU License), programming, and system integration.  Then get in a time machine, and go back to before 2002 (Things changed in an interesting way in regards to obtaining valid, credible facts/data after 2002 ... acK).

Remember Bitcoin, and cryptocurrencies don't exactly help the current worldwide monetary system yet.  I believe it's still regarded as a threat ( If allowed to become mainstreamed/widespread adoption , the reports I read seemed to point out frequently) to the current banking, holdings, trading, credit conglomerates.  These same companies have unlimited budgets when it comes to subverting use of cryptocurrency for "national security", and other purposes.  If it wasn't for that illusive "unknown AI entity" crawling through all the major data centers, and private networks, and the blowback from the die-hards, I am damn sure cryptocurrencies would of been snuffed out/pacified/destroyed back before BTC skyrocketed past the price of gold.  Was friggin DEFCON 5 red alert for the IMF/Federal Reserve when that happened, lol shareholders were NOT amused.

Sorry to rant, but It's just something to keep in the back of your head.  There are forces that are purposefully, and accidentally subverting this idea of a publically held/updated/maintained ledger that will never be controlled by governments/shareholders.

This is a technology that benefits all who breath oxygen. Subversion is not going to stop till a way is found that will benefit all the public, and privately created entities profiting off the current monetary system. Innovating new business models that incorporate both fiat, and cryptocurrency based allocators of resources into related business operations is the only way to avoid substantial hardship for various sectors during the adaptation period.
anonymousx (OP)

Activity: 431

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 08:16:40 AM

The major news, and media organisation researchers/writers/reporters still can't seem to grasp the concept of openSource.  Seems to be standard practice for all the news corporations to misead/misinform/fabricate information on anything they fear, and don't understand.

Look what they did to the groups that used to frequent 4chan, irc channels, icq, and other mediums. Successfully labeling a constantly changing unnamed leaderless groups of random people as a "hacker collective" called "Anonymous".  News organizations consistently apply labels, and affiliate associates to events.  The publication under Satoshi was just a clever blueprint for integrating already available open source applications.  Nothing had to be invented in the beginning.

Hell I used to play around with some of the software underlying the bitcoin platform before it was considered a "speculative commodity"/currency long long ago.  If I remember correctly, It was under the same category as the fold@home way back in the early parts of 2000-2002(I think that's what it was called from MIT).  Collective computing, solving complex operations.

While people outside the cryptocurrency community may be influenced by these pseudo-stories the news companies try to feed the public. The die-hards, and those from within the community will always know the truth.

If you want to know who/what is behind Bitcoin, learn about open source software (GNU License), programming, and system integration.  Then get in a time machine, and go back to before 2002 (Things changed in an interesting way in regards to obtaining valid, credible facts/data after 2002 ... acK).

Remember Bitcoin, and cryptocurrencies don't exactly help the current worldwide monetary system yet.  I believe it's still regarded as a threat ( If allowed to become mainstreamed/widespread adoption , the reports I read seemed to point out frequently) to the current banking, holdings, trading, credit conglomerates.  These same companies have unlimited budgets when it comes to subverting use of cryptocurrency for "national security", and other purposes.  If it wasn't for that illusive "unknown AI entity" crawling through all the major data centers, and private networks, and the blowback from the die-hards, I am damn sure cryptocurrencies would of been snuffed out/pacified/destroyed back before BTC skyrocketed past the price of gold.  Was friggin DEFCON 5 red alert for the IMF/Federal Reserve when that happened, lol shareholders were NOT amused.

Sorry to rant, but It's just something to keep in the back of your head.  There are forces that are purposefully, and accidentally subverting this idea of a publically held/updated/maintained ledger that will never be controlled by governments/shareholders.

This is a technology that benefits all who breath oxygen. Subversion is not going to stop till a way is found that will benefit all the public, and privately created entities profiting off the current monetary system. Innovating new business models that incorporate both fiat, and cryptocurrency based allocators of resources into related business operations is the only way to avoid substantial hardship for various sectors during the adaptation period.

Wow xD I have a feeling you are actually Satoshi Nakamoto, jokes I was taking press approach, well I learned a thing or two from you and I thank you for taking the time to write this valuable information.

And for the rest I think I would agree with you, that it couldn't be him, but I was afraid to be the only person who doesn't believe this, also his email logs that had his PGP keys, I don't know how they can fake that, but since they didn't release the emails and proof that emails are actually real I think they are in the wrong place.

Also Craig said he is Satoshi, like he told everyone that he is! I think he is obsessed with Satoshi like the rest of the community that sometimes he think it's him, until he believed it.

On 2009 I have been lurking around and I used to have a good amount of BTC which I lost after in instawallet, I also came to contact with maybe real maybe fake Satoshi Nakamoto at 2011, when I made a bitcoin related page on facebook, still can be found here:
https://www.facebook.com/iloveyoubitcoin/
one of the people who liked the page is named satoshi nakamoto, same guy added me on Google+ and he still use it as of today, it could be Craig?? or a random fan, I will never know, it could be a troll as well, but for a long time I believed I knew satoshi nakamoto lol but now actually I don't care, since bitcoin is all crap now and crypto currencies became ICO and a form of ponzi/scam with all respect to greedy developers but it's the truth.

Bitcoin have been copyrighted and have a central control, the only thing people can actually do is like refuse the XT client? really? again I don't know your opinion might be different.
tobacco123

Activity: 552

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:21:43 AM

No. I think it was just a joke. If he is, he will be the prime target from all sort of extortions and cyberattack- he won't have a peaceful life...

ATguy

Activity: 423

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:50:13 AM

The way he explained his 1 million Bitcoins are locked by 2020 to potentional investors is alone clear sign of scam attempt. Not to mention the 1 million Bitcoins mined by Satoshi alone is more a popular simplified version on the matter than a reasonable amount given how quickly new and new people joined Bitcoin. 1 million Bitcoins for one person doesnt add up at all.

.Liqui Exchange.Trade and earn 24% / year on BTC, LTC, ETH
....Brand NEW..........................................Payouts every 24h. Learn more at official thread
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 09:57:17 AM

Dr wright never had 1mill bitcoins.. all he gave his friend was public keys of loads of addresses (emphasis on public, which anyone can copy and paste) to 'suggest' he was worth $85mill, the deal fell through because Dr Wright couldnt pay real bitcoins as he didnt own any of the private keys to do a transfer.

its like writing a cheque for $85mill.. it looks good to see that many zero's on a piece of paper, but the cheque is gonna bounce because the signature doesnt match

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
LiquidGamerX

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 11:19:47 AM

Bitcoin have been copyrighted and have a central control, the only thing people can actually do is like refuse the XT client? really? again I don't know your opinion might be different.

Bitcoin copyrighted, perhaps I am misunderstanding what you are trying to say? The entire source code, and platform is released with an MIT license.  As long as you include the same license, everyone is free to copy, modify, distribute, monetize the software underlying Bitcoin, and most of the other cryptos..   Someone could trademark the name Bitcoin still, I think... Will have to check on that..

While a determined group may be able to exercise the ability to control all the nodes, install/implement custom software that doesn't allow inputs from targeted groups, or people.  That would inherently alienate the end-users.  I would think simply moving to a different altcoin not dominated by a single group would be the solution to that problem.  

When the people who are broadcasting bitcoin nodes, block finding/confirming transactions with miner, and crypto trading platforms are jailed, and/or charged for those activities.  Then you will know Bitcoin has been assimilated into the current monetary structure controlled by hierarchically established entities.  If you have to purchase a license to use send/receive cryptocurrency, ASIC mining hardware, from your state/government then you will know of centralized bitcoin control.  Nobody can freeze assets on the blockchain as is, it is imperative that it stays that way.  Even if senators, presidents, or other reps cry for control/regulation under ruses such as like money laundering(Physical USD is still the best for this), illegal markets, violation of current monetary laws, and other nefarious reasons to get the masses scared (Problem-Reaction-Solution time right? Pffft...) inherently obliging/supporting to all the proposed new laws around this "speculative commodity"/currency.  Look at who is all stuffing those shiny quarters in input slot of the Pseudo-Representative of the state/government proposing the new laws.  

Or, such is the case in the USA (most castrated country I think when it comes to monetary policy) watch for them ninja bills that seem to keep finding themselves attached to happier named bills that have no relation, to the primary bill.  Attached to pass.  If the house, and senate can pass through bills such as the original Patriot Act into law.  Anything is possible.
knightkon

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 12:33:16 PM

I am sorry but I do not think he would let himself be discovered as easy as this.  I am sure he is out there and he if he is selling bitcoin out for a currency exchange, he will be doing it a little more low key than something like this. He has went through all of this to keep himself out of the light, then they want us to believe that he is out there now selling off $85m for gold.  Get real.  Media like that is for those who want something else to believe in.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 02:48:07 PM

Not sure why are you making yet another thread on this guy since it has been discussed enough. This guy is a hoaxer and wanted fame to make people think that he created Bitcoin which gives you massive status in the tech world and would open any doors to your future projects and funding of those, it's not that hard to understand the motive.
larem

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 04:41:49 AM

Dr wright never had 1mill bitcoins.. all he gave his friend was public keys of loads of addresses (emphasis on public, which anyone can copy and paste) to 'suggest' he was worth $85mill, the deal fell through because Dr Wright couldnt pay real bitcoins as he didnt own any of the private keys to do a transfer.

its like writing a cheque for $85mill.. it looks good to see that many zero's on a piece of paper, but the cheque is gonna bounce because the signature doesnt match

Great analogy here! And I wasn't aware that he only sent the public keys -- I thought it was private as well.

quentincole32

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:45:10 AM

another misdirection of media i think,and lets be realistic,if craig was satoshi and bitcoin founder,why he's sold bitcoin and buy gold?he think bitcoin will be end?and so if you change your subject and search satoshi nakamoto on google,i think media will much more talking about satoshi as founder of bitcoin. Smiley

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
altcointrader25

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 08:04:51 AM

No, I think he was just a miner from the very beginning.  He has been cashing out and his writing is much different than satoshis.  He could just be a scammer looking to avoid taxes.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 08:31:00 AM

nickaizoku

Activity: 308

❃ CyberNick ❃

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:12:29 AM

Satoshi nakamoto wont let himself reveal on internet world.  And talk about bitcoin in media.
If he wanna be famous it would since bitcoin start Smiley

This guy craig just wanna be famous itself actually.

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:22:52 AM

Nope ,Donald Trump is the new Satoshi .Fact is nobody is satoshi Nakamoto except Satoshi Nakamoto.Anybody can come up with such stupid shit and claim to be him.Criag weight is just some random dude trying to get attention by posting fake news.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: