Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 10:36:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM partners with major bank, consortium of 5000 businesses, and cloud service  (Read 4158 times)
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 05:53:16 PM

Hows the volume of Sakura Internet?

I'm not really sure, but there stock has gone up like 2 or 3 times its marketcap since this announcement.  That is like a crypto pump, not a stock on a major stock exchange. hahaha  http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/3778:JP

Actually, it reminds me of my old penny-stock days!

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

BlackWidow

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:35:32 AM

in my opinion, mass adoption is an unreachable goal. We should focus to bring NEM as tech to partners like banks, payment processors and so on. They have a need of NEM's tech or the blockchain tech in common. The normal guy usually does not have.

Wouldn't banks using your project in some way be beneficial?

Not saying that's all you would want, but would you welcome their participation?

Its hard for me to imagine a scenerio in which NEM technology gets used by millions of people via Mijin (yes millions), but somehow the main center chain of NEM doesn't benefit and grow way beyond what it is now.

I think your right that NEM gaining tech partners is a great strategy, although I also think it should be a PART of the overall strategy.

Mass adoption IS possible IMHO.

Very difficult, yes.

I do believe that if NEM played it's cards just right, it can reach members of the general public.

Nobody has figured it out as of now. It has always been my belief that the stars will align at some point in the future, and we will see the interest of the general public gain traction when it comes to cryptocurrency in general.

Will it be NEM? Who knows.

I can say the approach NEM has taken looks promising to say the least. There are a few other projects with promise as well.

One day it will happen I think. A coin will have a message that reaches the masses, and that message will be successful in showing the benefits to them in a convincing way.

It could be NEM. It has many of the pieces already there, and has the potential to get the rest into place, especially in light of the recent developments we've seen.
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 03:44:47 PM

Thanks Black Widow.  I agree too.

jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 03:45:12 PM

Here is a pretty good news write up.  No hype, no BS. 

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/japanese-financial-institutions-partner-with-technology-startups-to-utilize-the-blockchain/

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:03:41 AM

Very interesting thread. Watching Smiley
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2016, 07:31:34 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2016, 07:46:03 AM by jabo38

Sakura Internet's stock frozen again for another day for rising to fast.  Since making a press release saying they will work with NEM, they have gone from a $65 million marketcap to $340 million marketcap.  

Here is their press release from the day when the stock started going up http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/sakura-internet-tech-bureau-cloud-system-mijin-blockchain-free/

And here is their stock price graph form Wallstreet Journal  http://quotes.wsj.com/JP/3778

tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
January 08, 2016, 05:56:20 PM

This really seems that i need to stake up my NEM amount immediately. Hope this positive development will hold on in the future.

Sakura Internet's stock frozen again for another day for rising to fast.  Since making a press release saying they will work with NEM, they have gone from a $65 million marketcap to $340 million marketcap.  

Here is their press release from the day when the stock started going up http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/sakura-internet-tech-bureau-cloud-system-mijin-blockchain-free/

And here is their stock price graph form Wallstreet Journal  http://quotes.wsj.com/JP/3778
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 04:57:52 PM

This really seems that i need to stake up my NEM amount immediately. Hope this positive development will hold on in the future.

Hi Tyz,

This one looks just like the last, but if you look closely this is a 2nd completely different company. 

Press Release: http://www.coindesk.com/press-releases/infoteria-private-blockchain-startu/

I am the guy

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:08:06 AM

NEM is making real world impacts outside cryptoland. Very encouraging. 

jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 06:20:12 AM

Speaking of real world impacts.  There is a group in Japan called Nomura.  It is big, like really big.  Basically every person in Japan knows them. 

They have a think tank that has come out with some very favorable conclusions for us. 

This article references DragonFly Fintech and SBI, both of which are using NEM technology. 

http://www.coindesk.com/nomura-research-consortiums-banks-blockchains/?utm_source=CoinDesk+subscribers&utm_campaign=f2a14de1db-EMAIL_RSS_CAMPAIGNT2&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74abb9e6ab-f2a14de1db-79029057

Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 07:40:28 AM

Article just references buzzword blockchain tech. More blockchain word. Blockchain blockchain blockchain. No meat. Wheres the beef?

Speaking of real world impacts.  There is a group in Japan called Nomura.  It is big, like really big.  Basically every person in Japan knows them. 

They have a think tank that has come out with some very favorable conclusions for us. 

This article references DragonFly Fintech and SBI, both of which are using NEM technology. 

http://www.coindesk.com/nomura-research-consortiums-banks-blockchains/?utm_source=CoinDesk+subscribers&utm_campaign=f2a14de1db-EMAIL_RSS_CAMPAIGNT2&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74abb9e6ab-f2a14de1db-79029057
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 09:16:28 AM

Article just references buzzword blockchain tech. More blockchain word. Blockchain blockchain blockchain.

Okay.... So, I'll try to make it a little more clear and explain what is happening reading in between the lines (or really just reading them plainly) because news of the likes of this doesn't usually come to BTT or even to Bitcoin for that matter (If somebody has one for Bitcoin, please post it.  It would be nice to compare.)  

One of the most powerful banking organizations in the world is exploring NEM. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomura_Securities

It is one of 20 banks that trades directly with the Federal Reserve as a primary dealer.  

Additionally a Japanese bank SBI is testing NEM along with DragonFly Fintech which is also testing NEM.  

I have already linked press releases by those two companies, but this is the first time the think tank NRI for Nomura has spoken out on this issue.  

This think tank is Japan's oldest and most important think tank, which comments and dictates lots of policies in lots of areas in Japan.  

No meat. Wheres the beef?

Even the bun and vegetables on this sandwich are made of beef.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 09:48:58 AM

Grass fed, Kobe beef Smiley

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
jabo38 (OP)
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 05:14:57 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 07:07:19 AM by jabo38

Mijin to team up with GMO to provide back end support for online games.

http://jp.techcrunch.com/2016/02/01/gmo-techbureau/

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 03:56:47 PM

Mijin to team up with GMO to provide back end support for online games.

http://jp.techcrunch.com/2016/02/01/gmo-techbureau/

Thanks for the update.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 12:27:00 AM

Are you sure you are not confusing xem and xrp?

http://forklog.net/ripple-rises-and-partners-with-japanese-financial-giant/
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:00:14 AM

he said mijin not NEM. Also he posted an article with it so i guess he's not confusing it.

Richard1972x

Activity: 224

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:50:20 AM

I wanted to buy some Nem at Poloniex. But the price was very high. Is it possible that if you want to buy XEM at Polo you buy a trading lot of 1000 shares? Thanks for the information.

suda123

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 01:28:32 PM

I wanted to buy some Nem at Poloniex. But the price was very high. Is it possible that if you want to buy XEM at Polo you buy a trading lot of 1000 shares? Thanks for the information.

is it to expensive? should I buy?
Richard1972x

Activity: 224

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:16:44 PM

is it to expensive? should I buy?

It went up 30% today. But I still see potential as long the market cap is still in single digest.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: