Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:07:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ICO on April 18 - 30% on 1s Day] The Next Big Thing? #Edon #newTechnology!  (Read 97061 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 08:26:14 PM

remembering from node (NXT LITE), there were some pretty impressive TX speeds and rates- I really wonder if the concept scales as indicated by those early tests...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhalingWhales

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 08:27:55 PM

You've got me wondering. I may stick around a bit to see how this plays out.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 02:54:03 PM

A little more (and when I say little I actually mean a lot Smiley) more technical details would be much appreciated.

How do all nodes agree on the "line" i.e. the order in which nodes are supposed to forge ?
How is the "evaluated score of credibility" calculated ?
How did you solve the DDoS problem (assuming the entire networks knows which node is going to forge next) ?
How (and who) is determined if and when "a node is fully operational" ?
Any pre-requisites for nodes to join "the line" like a bond or anything ?

Srsly you couldn't have been more vague  Undecided

kerhso

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

🌟 LAToken ICO - August 22, 2017 🌟

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:02:49 PM

How much available supply?
Is 5500 0000 coin?

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
crunck
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

crunck

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 05:12:55 PM

Losing interest a little now with this and the drip of info, I think I will re visit once all the information has been released.

Thanks
Crunck

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
patmast3r

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:19:31 AM

A little more (and when I say little I actually mean a lot Smiley) more technical details would be much appreciated.

How do all nodes agree on the "line" i.e. the order in which nodes are supposed to forge ?
How is the "evaluated score of credibility" calculated ?
How did you solve the DDoS problem (assuming the entire networks knows which node is going to forge next) ?
How (and who) is determined if and when "a node is fully operational" ?
Any pre-requisites for nodes to join "the line" like a bond or anything ?

Srsly you couldn't have been more vague  Undecided

1)
An important fact is that each time a node loses connection to the network, it internal memory is wiped, thus repeating the process at connection.

2)
until the time elapses and every node calculates its score.

3)
 it will still be in vain, thanks to node.js millions of connections per sec can be handled with ease
the network will just switch to the next one in line.

First of all thank you for answering my questions ! I'm hoping there will be a detailed whitepaper or technical reference released that will detail everything ?

@1) How are you going to force nodes to wipe their internal memory ? I'm assuming at some point this project will be open-source at which point you can't assume nodes to behave like you want them to.
Also what if the node fails to forge a block ? Is there some punishment for that ?
Lastly I'm not convinced that all nodes will come to the same conclusions for a new node that joins the network. Latencies will be different for each node, potentially very different once the network get's bigger. So a node might be pending for one node but activer for another. How does the conensus on that internal ledger of nodes work exactly ?

@2) From how I understood it there is an internal ledger that all participating nodes agree on that defines the line. Now what stops any node from calculating the scores based on that ledger ? Every node has to be able to do that otherwise they can't know who's block they are supposed to accept or am I missing something here ?

@3) So what you're saying is node.js solves the DDOS problem all by itself because it supports so many connections ? I'm sorry but I think that's a little delusional.
Yes of course the network will swtich to the next one in line and so will the attacker.
Is there any mechanism that will blacklist nodes that behave negatively ?

wildduck
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:59:28 AM

How many coins in total?
patmast3r

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 09:12:38 AM

How many coins in total?

50 000 000 coins in the first block.
Been answered like 3 times now one of which was like 5 posts abve yours Wink

kerhso

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:44:19 PM

When is announced?

SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
WhalingWhales

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 06:21:13 PM

Too many coins I think. I'll keep watching and I have followed on twitter.
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 08:06:17 PM

Looks really great. Will be watching. Sounds similar to what Spreadcoin are doing. Well, not the node.js thing but the PoL.
kerhso

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 12:43:04 PM

What time of launch

SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
kwest

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 02:50:34 PM

Keeping my eyes on this one for sure. I plan to invest in the ICO if nothing changes my mind.
Are you in talks with any specific exchanges at this point?
edoncoin

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:27:12 PM

What time of launch

When is announced?

We're probably going to announce that in a few weeks, stay tuned!
operabit
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:31:59 PM

Wait for this
edoncoin

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:33:12 PM

Too many coins I think. I'll keep watching and I have followed on twitter.

You are awesome! We hope to keep you interested, as this is big!
edoncoin

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:15:21 PM
Last edit: January 29, 2016, 07:06:02 AM by edoncoin

Keeping my eyes on this one for sure. I plan to invest in the ICO if nothing changes my mind.

At this particular moment we are in talks with 2 exchanges. But we must first see a reaction from the community. If people are interested in this project, it will motivate us to continue its development.
craslovell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 07:18:10 PM

At this particular moment we are in talks with 2 exchanges. But we must first a reaction from the community. If people are interested in this project, it will motivate us to continue its development.

+1 for interest here. As for PoL, couldn't one game the system by simply setting up a ton of nodes? (i didn't get a chance to read over everything so not sure if this was addressed yet)
kwest

Activity: 476

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:18:02 AM

At this particular moment we are in talks with 2 exchanges. But we must first see a reaction from the community. If people are interested in this project, it will motivate us to continue its development.

I hope you're not ready to throw in the towel already. I'm sure as more information comes out, more interest will follow.
edoncoin

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:44:32 PM

I hope you're not ready to throw in the towel already. I'm sure as more information comes out, more interest will follow.

No way!

We are slowly working our way up. And we haven't started promoting the project yet Smiley Right now we are working with SimpleIn on the site, soon we'll have more info available!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: