Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:42:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin always be dependent on fiat? Is it?  (Read 12520 times)
iamthesky

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 02:56:22 PM

I think maybe yes it will be dependent on fiat for many years to come, as I don't see bitcoin replacing fiat sooner or latter, as majority of people use fiat and are more dependent on fiat, so its impossible atleast for next decade.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
February 12, 2016, 06:01:18 PM

bitcoin can't replace fiat soon or in the future even now many store accept bitcoin or we already have bitcoin ATM but when you sell bitcoin in exchanger you still withdraw local currency. that's why bitcoin always be dependent on fiat
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 08:03:11 PM

bitcoin can't replace fiat soon or in the future even now many store accept bitcoin or we already have bitcoin ATM but when you sell bitcoin in exchanger you still withdraw local currency. that's why bitcoin always be dependent on fiat

Exactly, bitcoin can never replace fiat, even merchants starts accepting bitcoin as a mode of payment, there are many users who will be dependent on fiat and keep on using fiat for buying basic stuffs.
ampere

Activity: 1218
Merit: 116

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2016, 10:34:32 PM

Bitcoin will always need some kind of reference. And fiat and/or gold will be those references. How else can you estimate its value?

Beer, oil, big macs, rice, MW of electricity, gallons of gasoline, cigarettes, a month of rent in san fran..  shall I go on? 

Exactly, there are basic things which only fiat can take care of, bitcoins cannot be helpful at that stage, and I don't see in near future that we can buy basic stuffs using bitcoins.
Nemesis099

Activity: 205

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2016, 12:46:50 AM

Bitcoin will be dependent on fiat for many years to come, majority of the people are not aware about the bitcoins and they are used to fiat currency, people who have never used internet how can they switch to digital currency.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:12:32 AM

As the title says, will it always be dependent on fiat currencies like €, $, ...? Because right now, you always convert before paying. So when you buy a TV, it costs 800$ so that means 1.8 BTC. And by that i dont see how can it become independant? It is just like gold, which cannot be used by itself.

So is my thinking true, or can the prices in the future be projected just through BTC; like you buy a TV and the price is 1.8 BTC. You buy bread, price 0.003 BTC .

I really dont know about these things so thats why i want to hear your knowledge on this.

It  is ordinary currency echange,bitcoin  is exchangable to any currency,if  not,bitcoin will die
bitcoin  is exchangable  to  dollar,yuan,euro,rubel,rupia etc

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
jkrules

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 02:14:23 AM

I think yes bitcoin will always be dependent on fiat as bitcoin cannot take care of us in everything, if the merchants are not accepting bitcoin as a payment system then you need to exchange your bitcoins to fiat for making purchases.
diodio5

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 09:10:31 AM

in fact we can stand alone. we could buy something or food, directly with bitcoin, without having to convert it to a fiat, but for some reason a lot of people who are lazy to use bitcoin, and convert it to a fiat, then spend
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 01:39:51 PM

Bitcoin will be dependent on fiat for many years to come, majority of the people are not aware about the bitcoins and they are used to fiat currency, people who have never used internet how can they switch to digital currency.
true if we continue to rely on fiat and continue to dependent on fiat, of course dissemination and adoption of bitcoin slowed, people who do not know about bitcoin, would not be interested if we continue to rely on fiat
kacak41

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 13, 2016, 05:46:08 PM

Bitcoin will always be dependent on fiat, as of now I have to convert my bitcoins to fiat currency to make purchases from physical shops as they don't accept bitcoins as a mode of payment.
bit1
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 06:35:57 PM

It is similar to the measures system we always make the conversion  in that we use more.
CryingMidget

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 07:44:10 PM

It is similar to the measures system we always make the conversion  in that we use more.

We are using bitcoin in online mark, some stores and more But still bitcoin doesn't reach it destination Soon It will reach to all simple people in the world. that time I am sure bitcoin will work without any support.
No we have to accept it because many people just selling their bitcoins for fiat.
jokerrj

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 08:00:15 PM

Yes, bitcoin will always be depended on fiat atleast for next couple of years, as I don't see anything replacing fiat currency, the only reason is fiat is accepted every where and bitcoin is not.

Looking for a long term signature campaign. Pm me
funkenstein
Legendary

Activity: 1066
Merit: 1050

Khazad ai-menu!

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2016, 09:09:20 PM

Bitcoin will always need some kind of reference. And fiat and/or gold will be those references. How else can you estimate its value?

Beer, oil, big macs, rice, MW of electricity, gallons of gasoline, cigarettes, a month of rent in san fran..  shall I go on? 

Exactly, there are basic things which only fiat can take care of, bitcoins cannot be helpful at that stage, and I don't see in near future that we can buy basic stuffs using bitcoins.

Huh  I didn't mention counterfeitable tokens at all here.  "Only fiat can take care of" Huh  What could that possibly even mean? 

You can always trade stuffs for any other stuffs.  Always and anywhere - not only in the future but right now and forever in the past.  Go, negotiate a price already!!   

"Give me control over a coin's checkpoints and I care not who mines its blocks."
http://vtscc.org  http://woodcoin.info
kartaggen

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 14, 2016, 10:31:35 PM

Maybe things can be changed in future, if everything goes digital and each and every shop  accepting bitcoin as a payment method, then people would directly buy things using bitcoins.
Mometaskers

Activity: 1764
Merit: 584

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 03:39:30 PM

Maybe things can be changed in future, if everything goes digital and each and every shop  accepting bitcoin as a payment method, then people would directly buy things using bitcoins.

What I want most is that I do not have to buy bitcoin to spend it. I will be paid with bitcoin and spend it as I wish.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 04:06:48 PM

To loose the fiat dependence bitcoin users need the possibility to be payed for its work with bitcoins. Before we can't choose that bitcoin wouldn't loose this dependence, and we will need exchanges to convert our fiat to bitcoin.
y8tvkid

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:28:43 PM

To loose the fiat dependence bitcoin users need the possibility to be payed for its work with bitcoins. Before we can't choose that bitcoin wouldn't loose this dependence, and we will need exchanges to convert our fiat to bitcoin.

Yeah unless we can't spend our bitcoins directly to buy something, I think it will be always dependent on fiat, as we don't have that amount of store that accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment.
pneumatic5

Activity: 238

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:18:39 PM

Yeah unless we can't spend our bitcoins directly to buy something, I think it will be always dependent on fiat, as we don't have that amount of store that accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment.

That's true, but it will take a long time for bitcoin to get on mainstream, as at a moment many of us are using it only for online stuffs and not physically, so we need to have patience for that to happen.

BitsandBites

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:36:01 PM

Well yes bitcoin needs an extra asset to convert it back or from bitcoin.
This can be gold or fiat. Right now fiat is used more so fiat is used for that.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: