Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:19:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin always be dependent on fiat? Is it?  (Read 12520 times)
sallymeeh27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 02:56:47 PM

I believe so that bitcoin will always depend on fiat. Everything that fiat moves to another currencies, stock market this is how also bitcoin goes with the flow. Transactions of business as far from everyday life will continue to go with fiat and so forth with bitcoin they are always together..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:13:27 PM

Bitcoin and fiat will always be a team,as all wanna invest at bitcoin and take the profit and if possible the investment back into fiat and keep playing with the profit at bitcoin .
yeah because of the exchange rate and the price of bitcoin always rely on fiat or examples of dollars. so both of them are like two pictures of currency, can not be separated. both will always be in touch

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:36:44 PM

i think once bitcoin has some sort of main stream adoption it will get alot more attention and merchants will be alot more interested in accepting it as a form of payment.   Grin

True. If bitcoin is mainstream then we can see it being used by any kind of digital party. Which means there is no fiat needed anymore to buy bitcoins.
Or even to spend your bitcoin. I do hope that the price will be stable then.
if bitcoin started to become mainstream of course it will be very interesting. I do not need to convert it to a fiat to buy something. I can directly buy goods at merchants by paying bitcoin because they would have accepted bitcoin. but for that to happen we must accelerate the adoption. so that we can experience it
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 03:59:07 PM

Bitcoin will be depending on fiat till it gets a acceptance to be used in its physical form. Till date we are in need to convert to fiat and use in places where bitcoin is not accepted.
I think bitcoin does not need to wait for approval or legality of the government, if adopted children is widespread and users already covers the whole world, would be a lot of merchants that accept bitcoin as a payment option right, so you do not need to convert it to a fiat
knowhow

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:17:34 PM

Sure you will always need fiat ,some people invested at bitcoin to get more money ,soo they can convert it and put it at banks at saving or some investment pack they offer,bitcoin has potencial and volatility not those almost safe services to make your money grow.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 09:44:16 PM

Bitcoin and fiat will always be a team,as all wanna invest at bitcoin and take the profit and if possible the investment back into fiat and keep playing with the profit at bitcoin .

Its more like its a forced relationship if anything else.

Unless bitcoin was trading back for something else we all universally see as value then theres no choice.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:23:41 PM

As long as rent/mortgage and tax payments require fiat, then BTC is dependent on fiat, because people will have to cash out to make those payments.

Once the taxpayer starts accepting btc, and landlords/mortgage providers do, then BTC will have truly arrived as a currency in it's own right.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
betohell

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2016, 11:56:06 PM

Sure you will always need fiat ,some people invested at bitcoin to get more money ,soo they can convert it and put it at banks at saving or some investment pack they offer,bitcoin has potencial and volatility not those almost safe services to make your money grow.
I also do it I realized. that we can not rely only use bitcoin just to buy something you know the reason right? so when I get bitcoin. I will convert it to a fiat to spend it for buy something

dodgecharger

Activity: 1005

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:09:42 AM

I don't agree. Many startups are coming out to make Bitcoiners spend Bitcoin to pay the daily necessities without the need of fiat money, like bitwala. http://coinour.com/index.php/bitwala-offers-free-charge-transactions-only-for-two-weeks/ Due to the negative interest in many countries, people are reluctant to keep fiat money.
BitsandBites

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 12:25:27 AM

I think it will still be dependant on fiat for a long time.
Unless you can do literally everything with bitcoin there still will be some dependency with other currencies.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
March 15, 2016, 07:41:15 AM

yeah because of the exchange rate and the price of bitcoin always rely on fiat or examples of dollars. so both of them are like two pictures of currency, can not be separated. both will always be in touch

Though the two are extremely different by the method of development as well backing, in common the fiat is present. It acts to be a connective bridge. So till the end of currency use bitcoin depends on fiat.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 01:36:15 PM

I think it will still be dependant on fiat for a long time.
Unless you can do literally everything with bitcoin there still will be some dependency with other currencies.

That is the right thing to say it. Bitcoin needs to be known by some individuals too. Just ask 10 persons outside the city ask if they know bitcoin and that question mark on the head will be seen all over him. Unlike, dollars, pounds, peso, etc etc this currencies have been known for many years.  I say bitcoin is still a  baby.
knowhow

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 02:07:01 PM

I don't agree. Many startups are coming out to make Bitcoiners spend Bitcoin to pay the daily necessities without the need of fiat money, like bitwala. http://coinour.com/index.php/bitwala-offers-free-charge-transactions-only-for-two-weeks/ Due to the negative interest in many countries, people are reluctant to keep fiat money.

Well sure they can work with bitcoin as several exchanges but will them just hold the bitcoin or do they convert it to fiat?Sure this happens they need capital to run their business and if they invested 200k dollars at bitcoin they will get their investment and then maybe collect just bitcoins,buts its risky as no one can prevent the future of bitcoin.
ronaldinho_07

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 05:48:24 PM

One of the biggest examples happened here,last year most signatures were paying 0,10btc weekly,around 20-30 dollars,and this yeat all signatures reduced their payment to almost half of the value,soo for business that runs with just bitcoin the ammount paid should be the same being bitcoin worth 100 or 800?Sure not they pay the signature based on the value of bitcoin ,all depends of fiat in the end.
Crazygreek

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 06:11:57 PM

I think not, btc are still new for people. Maybe in future it will be independent but now we have what we have. But it's also not so bad, eveything dependent on smth

umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 11:24:26 PM

If I have to buy anything at a moment I need to convert my bitcoins to fiat, and I think in future also I will have to follow the same, so I think bitcoin will always need a support from fiat.
stromma44

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 11:27:35 PM

If I have to buy anything at a moment I need to convert my bitcoins to fiat, and I think in future also I will have to follow the same, so I think bitcoin will always need a support from fiat.

We will find places in future where we can use bitcoins directly for making purchases, but again we cannot afford to ignore the fact that fiat will be also used by those who don't believe in bitcoins.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:19:49 AM

I think not, btc are still new for people. Maybe in future it will be independent but now we have what we have. But it's also not so bad, eveything dependent on smth

Yes it is still in maturity stage where it will be known all over the world even the people who aren't educated much will know that there is a currency like this that exist online. Maybe that way they will pursue an education in how to use a computer.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 07:43:28 AM

Yes it is still in maturity stage where it will be known all over the world even the people who aren't educated much will know that there is a currency like this that exist online. Maybe that way they will pursue an education in how to use a computer.

Dependency doesn't mean the system is not capable of running on its own. The dependence here is something like an alternative. So bitcoin will depend on fiat till some collapse occurs.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
knowhow

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 08:08:56 PM

No bitcoin will be always conneted to fiat,even if goes mainstream,as you cant save anywhere bitcoins ,it may happen in the future this option but i really doubt,bitcoin will be dependent always ,and we cant do nothing to stop it as we need our fiat as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: