Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:57:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Bitcoin always be dependent on fiat? Is it?  (Read 12520 times)
Manhlanhleni

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 07:25:16 AM

BitCoin rocks. MMM and BitCoin are deadly combination that benefit people at large.

Nhlekza Boy
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kacak41

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 01:51:57 PM

There is one that I know that always converts it to fiat. He always says "I will just get 9 dollars from here" Instead of "I will get 2 milliom satoshis from this" that is one real story that tells us we are really fiat dependent.

Yeah and even bitcoin gets on mainstream there are certain percentage of people that would be still using fiat, so I don't think that bitcoin can ever replace fiat in future.
iamthesky

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 02:31:28 PM

There is one that I know that always converts it to fiat. He always says "I will just get 9 dollars from here" Instead of "I will get 2 milliom satoshis from this" that is one real story that tells us we are really fiat dependent.

Yeah and even bitcoin gets on mainstream there are certain percentage of people that would be still using fiat, so I don't think that bitcoin can ever replace fiat in future.

Exactly, fiat is popular at a moment and will be popular in future as the market cap of fiat is more in compare to bitcoins, so I think bitcoin will always be dependent on it.
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 03:12:38 PM

Exactly, fiat is popular at a moment and will be popular in future as the market cap of fiat is more in compare to bitcoins, so I think bitcoin will always be dependent on it.

Yes, I don't see bitcoin replacing fiat and it will be only possible if in future we find all shops that accpets bitcoin as a mode of payment, than it can replace fiat upto a certain extent.
eon89

Activity: 308
Merit: 292

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 03:26:11 PM

Yes, I don't see bitcoin replacing fiat and it will be only possible if in future we find all shops that accpets bitcoin as a mode of payment, than it can replace fiat upto a certain extent.

Precisely. If all establishments were to accept bitcoin, only then would it be a serious contender in the replacement of fiat.

ampere

Activity: 1218
Merit: 116

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 03:54:27 PM

Precisely. If all establishments were to accept bitcoin, only then would it be a serious contender in the replacement of fiat.

It will take a long time to happen, and its really difficult to predict that it will happen in near future, as we  don't find many shops that accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 04:48:58 PM

No I think the bitcoin will be always dependent on the fiat this is because the bitcoin can not do it on its own.
In my opinion the bitcoin will never be independent because its need other currency's to make a price.
I even think its a matter of time before the bitcoin gets more dependent of the stock market from global currency's
Not if bitcoins are adopted by a bank or an organization just like we have Google credits and gift cards. If bitcoins too get their own recognition and value, we would have a better and stable market and then we could trade them just as we do now but it would be from one particular wallet and not the wallets we use now.
y8tvkid

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 06:13:03 PM

I don't see bitcoin replacing any major currency as of now and even in future, as fiat is more popular and it is widely accepted everywhere, and the people who are not tech friendly they would always depend on fiat.
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 10:41:24 PM

Bitcoin will always be dependent on fiat. Only if people were to completely accept bitcoin would fiat be rendered useless.

cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2016, 10:52:36 PM

I see Bitcoin as a tool that can be used to transfer fiat without boundaries, but not as a stable currency of it's own.  It's very rare outside of places like this forum that even pro-bitcoin business will set a price in BTC, it's just used as a way to get the money there.  Not that this is a bad thing, the stability just isn't there for it to stand on it's own... whether this will always be the case, nobody knows.

pneumatic5

Activity: 238

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:04:38 PM

Bitcoin will always be dependent on fiat. Only if people were to completely accept bitcoin would fiat be rendered useless.

Yeah, and I don't see it happening in near future as the market cap of fiat is huge as compared bitcoin, so bitcoin would be surely dependent on fiat in future too.

fruitcommander

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 25, 2016, 11:53:08 PM

Yeah, and I don't see it happening in near future as the market cap of fiat is huge as compared bitcoin, so bitcoin would be surely dependent on fiat in future too.

There are chances if everything goes digital then we can expect that people would use more bitcoins as a payment method in compare to fiat, but that doesn't mean fiat will simply disappear.
Mitchow

Activity: 210

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 12:31:40 AM

There are chances if everything goes digital then we can expect that people would use more bitcoins as a payment method in compare to fiat, but that doesn't mean fiat will simply disappear.

That's true even if everything goes digital we would still find many users that would be dependent on fiat and they would continue to use fiat as they are using it since a long period of time.
angryrob

Activity: 287
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 01:14:51 AM

That's true even if everything goes digital we would still find many users that would be dependent on fiat and they would continue to use fiat as they are using it since a long period of time.

That's the problem with traditional people as they don't want to experiment with new things, they would stick to the same thing they are used and never entertain the innovative things.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:00:57 AM

yeah agree. unless all merchants accept bitcoin. because basically money just to buy. if they accepted.of course we do not need. relies on fiat
JAyThaRevo

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 02:01:36 AM

That's the problem with traditional people as they don't want to experiment with new things, they would stick to the same thing they are used and never entertain the innovative things.

That's not true even the older generation wants something new, and if they don't some new things then they would never accept internet too, but now they are used to it, only thing they want is good return on their investments and its difficult for them to trust bitcoins at a moment.
reputedchain

Activity: 164

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 03:13:28 AM

That's not true even the older generation wants something new, and if they don't some new things then they would never accept internet too, but now they are used to it, only thing they want is good return on their investments and its difficult for them to trust bitcoins at a moment.

Yeah and the reason is they hesitate in investing their money in something that they really don't know, they have a fear of loosing their money by investing into digital currency.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2016, 05:40:15 AM

Yeah exactly what needs to take place, but the factor behind it is the difficulty in establishments in most of the fields.
This can be done by regular promotion of bitcoin. Only then a dependence on fiat gets reduced to some extent.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 05:54:51 AM

That would really be impossible. Something is needed to be used to determine the price of something. Just look at this way. Someone ask you where is your money. You will take your phone out of your pocket and show him this is my money. Then what if you broke your phone or electricity is down. Those are the questions that will be asked once they want to start bitcoin as a means of money  "like a fiat"
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
February 26, 2016, 07:21:15 PM

If bitcoin becomes an independent currency, it would not be worth much as currently the only good thing is that it is volatile and can be traded. With currencies like USD, EUR and others, the price would be too low and we would never
reach $400-$450 like its now. Also, if prices are fixed in BTC, users would need to earn as well in bitcoins which would take years as currently people receive everything in their own local currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: