Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:04:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You Know Whats f**king Sad?  (Read 5715 times)
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 09:15:05 AM

First of all, the need to create Bitcoins. But even more than that-bitcoins are tied to the USD. And do you know HOW MANY people are buying silver/gold instead of taking their "paper". Cause thats what it is-paper. Even change will be soon. Mr GreenJew (no offense) just stays posted all day making as much money as he wants. The reason things 99% of the time are raised in  price is because of inflation-GreenJew got excited and printed a bunch more.
Basically, the USD is backed by...not even the US (its not Federal)paper?
Now, we've stepped back in time to when the Silver Standard existed.
We are almost literally repeating historical economics that did not work out so well.
God help us.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:51:54 AM

I'm sorry but I haven't the faintest what you are on about, your post isn't coherent enough to really convey anything. Better luck next time.

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 11:58:40 AM

Inflation based theft.  It doth suck.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
vokain
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1019

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 04:04:21 PM

First of all, the need to create Bitcoins. But even more than that-bitcoins are tied to the USD. And do you know HOW MANY people are buying silver/gold instead of taking their "paper".

Well, it'll be up to the market to decide how much a dollar is worth in bitcoins then. Just a matter of time pending economic meltdown/awareness of why the economy we have doesn't work .
Realpra

Activity: 815

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 06:57:12 PM

I'm sorry but I haven't the faintest what you are on about, your post isn't coherent enough to really convey anything. Better luck next time.
But he gets inflation-theft... what is the mental state of all the millions that accept it gladly?  Shocked

Cheap and sexy Bitcoin card/hardware wallet, buy here:
http://BlochsTech.com
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 07:22:58 PM

The peasants would likely revolt if they even had a clue that inflation tax theft existed. A candidate for POTUS standing there holding up a 1964 dime on every major network and exclaiming that it still buys pretty much the same amount of gasoline it did when it was minted didn't even phase the fluoridated masses.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 07:37:00 PM

....... Peasants?.... Really?.....
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:19:10 PM

Yes peasants...you know, pitchfork carrying farm boys. Like yours truly.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:50:24 PM

First of all, the need to create Bitcoins.
But even more than that-bitcoins are tied to the USD.
Mr GreenJew

Huh??  Huh

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 08:55:10 PM

First of all, the need to create Bitcoins.

Do you mean creating the concept of Bitcoins, or actually generating the Bitcoins themselves?

If you mean generating Bitcoins, How else do you think we fairly distribute them? You think Satoshi should have just started off with 21 million BTC in his wallet?

But even more than that-bitcoins are tied to the USD.

Where did you hear this nonsense? This is completely untrue.

Qoheleth
Legendary

Activity: 960
Merit: 1028

Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2012, 10:18:48 PM

Now, we've stepped back in time to when the Silver Standard existed.
How so? Say what you will about silver certificates, they still meant that US banknotes were claim tickets for a commodity, instead of deriving their whole value from tax-coupon status and historical confidence.

GreenJew (no offense)
If you mean no offense, then stop using "jew" like a dirty word.

If there is something that will make Bitcoin succeed, it is growth of utility - greater quantity and variety of goods and services offered for BTC. If there is something that will make Bitcoin fail, it is the prevalence of users convinced that BTC is a magic box that will turn them into millionaires, and of the con-artists who have followed them here to devour them.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 02:42:47 AM

GreenJew (no offense)

Also, if you're referring to Greenspan, he hasn't been Fed Chairman since 2006.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 03:18:11 AM

GreenJew (no offense)

Also, if you're referring to Greenspan, he hasn't been Fed Chairman since 2006.

Yeah, it's Helicopter Ben, now.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
johnniewalker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 09:09:57 AM

Alright, apparently I have to simplify it for you.
Before Eisenhower eliminated the Silver Standard, every $note represented a certain bit of silver. If you had $5 you could go to the bank and get $5 in silver (as in silver certificates).
Now, our (USA) currency is tied to NOTHING. Literally it is a piece of paper. What gives things value? Utility and scarceness. Obviously dollar bills don't have much utility. But they have a certain degree of rarity. However, the Fed Rsrv can print as much money as it wants, causing inflation and making $1 worth less.
Bottomline: only FINITE forms of currensy work (gold, silver, etc). Our money system is INFINITE and therefore gives way to inflation.
make more sense?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 03:03:13 PM

Before Eisenhower eliminated the Silver Standard, every $note represented a certain bit of silver. If you had $5 you could go to the bank and get $5 in silver (as in silver certificates).
Now, our (USA) currency is tied to NOTHING. Literally it is a piece of paper. What gives things value? Utility and scarceness. Obviously dollar bills don't have much utility. But they have a certain degree of rarity. However, the Fed Rsrv can print as much money as it wants, causing inflation and making $1 worth less.
Bottomline: only FINITE forms of currensy work (gold, silver, etc). Our money system is INFINITE and therefore gives way to inflation.
make more sense?
I understand your view of fiat. Others have this view as well.  You may be right, you may be wrong (regarding your assertion that "only FINITE forms of currency work"), only time will tell.

What I don't understand is what you meant when you said: "First of all, the need to create Bitcoins. But even more than that-bitcoins are tied to the USD."
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 09:35:45 PM

make more sense?
I understand your view of fiat. Others have this view as well.  You may be right, you may be wrong (regarding your assertion that "only FINITE forms of currency work"), only time will tell.

What I don't understand is what you meant when you said: "First of all, the need to create Bitcoins. But even more than that-bitcoins are tied to the USD."

Didn't you know anything you can buy with money gets part of that money's money-ness infused in it?

It's a problem I often have with chairs. This chair I am in is so comfortable, but I'm dismayed that it is tied to the money I bought it with which greatly reduces it's chairy-ness.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 10:22:41 PM

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 10:34:57 PM

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

lol... not your most coherent post, man. Want to re-arrange those words into a sentence?

I mean, did the DMT just kick in, or what?

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Rudd-O

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 10:40:36 PM

:-) http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-anyone-really-been-far-even-as-decided-to-use-even-go-want-to-do-look-more-like

in reply to OP -- been sitting on the idea of making this post for a few days.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 10:49:12 PM

:-) http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/has-anyone-really-been-far-even-as-decided-to-use-even-go-want-to-do-look-more-like

in reply to OP -- been sitting on the idea of making this post for a few days.

Ahh. I lol'd.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: