Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 05:23:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need suggestions about buying an asic scrypt Miner.  (Read 15481 times)
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 10:47:10 AM

Somehow I don't believe that Mr. Lee knows EVERYTHING about all Chinese farms, especially when he doesn't operate any of them.
 I've seen a couple comments from at least one Chinese farm operator about how cheap (NOT FREE) their electric was and why - I'll take THAT comment over the comments of someone that DOES NOT OPERATE A FARM AND HAS ZERO DIRECT KNOWLAGE.

Try crunching the numbers - even the S7 has ZERO chance of achieving RoI unless your electric is VERY VERY cheap due to the high Bitcoin difficulty increases, while A2 units just keep plugging away on pretty much FLAT with small bounce-around Litecoin difficulties that have not significantly increased since July and only went up a little in the 3 months before THAT.

No, I don't "believe in Litecoin" - but right now mining gear for it is a TON more likely to achieve RoI than Bitcoin gear, which is ALL overpriced and almost all of it almost certain to become unprofitable even WITH very very cheap electric mid-summer when the halfing occurs, or in the case of the S7 and Avalon 6 (and the B-Eleven if it actually shows up this month or next) probably a couple months later after having been barely better than break-even after the block reward halfing.

CRUNCH THE BLOODY NUMBERS.

I've done it repeatedly - and they keep coming up "3 cent electric you might have a faint prayer of RoI on an S7, *IF* the diff increases don't start jumping even more in a few months when 14/16nm gear hits the Bitcoin market" - AND if Bitcoin's currently inflated pricing holds up long enough.

A2's will be profitable on cheap electric even if the difficulty TRIPLES - which I don't see any real probability of happening in the next 6 months, and fairly low probability of happening in a year.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 09:29:14 AM

So since no new miners are coming on the market, and LTC is the future, these are machines that will make money forever. So why is anyone selling  Huh

QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 08:36:59 AM

So since no new miners are coming on the market

A4 sometime this year, timeframe uncertain.
 Possibly a second-generation Alcheminer, timeframe VERY uncertain even if they do get the "financing they need".
 Ghods only knows what SFARDS is doing, or not doing, on the SF100 or a possible successor.

On the other hand, A2s right now are making money even with average electric rates and look likely to stay profitable if you have cheap or very cheap electric for a while even after the new stuff shows up in quantity.
 Hint, EVERYONE is having yield issues with the 14/16nm stuff, new tech still getting sorted out, so even after consumer-available 14/16nm miners show up it'll probably take a while for them to have a serious impact on hashrates.

Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
Oscoda

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 17, 2016, 11:41:48 PM

So since no new miners are coming on the market, and LTC is the future, these are machines that will make money forever. So why is anyone selling  Huh

You are right. It will take years for bitcoin to pass litecoin.

@quintleo
Are there any sources of the A4 coming out?
QuintLeo
Legendary

View Profile
January 18, 2016, 07:37:03 AM
Last edit: January 20, 2016, 10:51:36 AM by QuintLeo

Innosilicon mentioned "3 months to full production once the A4 is fully funded" in a post on here somewhere.

<edit> Actually, it's in their post about the A4 on their website too, probably easier to find that. </edit>

They have also stated that the A3 (SHA256) and A4 (Scrypt) would "come out at the same time" in a different post.

My best guess is that the next few months are going to get even more INTERESTING (as in the Chinese Curse) on the Bitcoin side than they have been since the S7 debut, but Litecoin should be somewhat quieter since the Litecoin halfing was LAST year and a lot fewer folks making gear or having plans to make gear for Scrypt.

DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 20, 2016, 04:21:21 AM

I make a profit with my kncminer titan, which goes for a bit more than 800 euro right now, but keep your eye out you can get them cheap from time to time.

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2898
Merit: 600

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:02:34 AM

I make a profit with my kncminer titan, which goes for a bit more than 800 euro right now, but keep your eye out you can get them cheap from time to time.

Do you mean the total profit you have made from the kncminer? How much did you pay for the miner and your electricity price?

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
GoldBuffalo

Activity: 71
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2017, 03:46:56 AM

Do not buy scrypt miner. Those mining is very concentrated. The litecoin is controlled by small number of people. If you want to mine, mine something else.
I can understand you logic.. I would accept answers like "dont buy, you will lose money", but your argument is "dont buy because litecoin is concetrated"?
 Huh

He means that almost of Litecoin mining  hashpower  is centralized unfortunately due to the high difficulty, If you buy a miner to mine Litecoins you probably you never will get your  investment on short time at least. On the case of Bitcoin is worst, Some peoples bet mining anothers coins but is the same thing. If the money is not a problem for you and you do this for fun only the history will be  different so you can do that you want, Otherwise If the latter is not the case first you need to do a lot of searching to begin.

LTC broke $350 this month and headed to $1000
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: