Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 11:02:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we spread Bitcoin effectively.  (Read 7388 times)
voztata

Activity: 998
Merit: 504

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 06:47:06 PM

Really it is a must we inform the people and give him the tools, too i think we should send emails to all company asking for acept btc for  buy their goods and services, we should too to sponsorize some high level sport-man, it would bring millions of possible users, it would be really nice

Yes, to spread bitcoin effectively, we must need a strong promotion like TV advertisements and newspaper advertisements. But too much this kind of advertisements will make people to see bitcoin like some moneymaking schemes. We should not go like that.
The promotions would be like some discounts only with bitcoin but not with any other payment methods.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 06:53:28 PM

I think we can all spread it effectively by working hard to make sure people are informed about Bitcoin.  It is an understandable necessity for the outmost production.

Yes, we need to start spreading bitcoin with our friends and family first. Because talking about bitcoin to known people will be easy, compared to any strangers.
It is practically not possible for talking to a stranger about bitcoin. But some people in my office are doing this in social media, like selling insurance to a stranger. I don't think it's a working way of spreading bitcoin.
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 06:57:03 PM

I think we can all spread it effectively by working hard to make sure people are informed about Bitcoin.  It is an understandable necessity for the outmost production.

Yes, we need to start spreading bitcoin with our friends and family first. Because talking about bitcoin to known people will be easy, compared to any strangers.
It is practically not possible for talking to a stranger about bitcoin. But some people in my office are doing this in social media, like selling insurance to a stranger. I don't think it's a working way of spreading bitcoin.

Yes talking to our friends would be much easier than talking to some unknown people. But when I forced my employees to accept of bitcoin payment, I was somewhat successful even with the unknown people. Some people has asked me to buy back the bitcoin after the accumulate some considerable the big amounts. I agreed to them just to spread bitcoins.
SmartIphone
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 07:23:51 PM

Really it is a must we inform the people and give him the tools, too i think we should send emails to all company asking for acept btc for  buy their goods and services, we should too to sponsorize some high level sport-man, it would bring millions of possible users, it would be really nice

Yeah but the problem is that if we are holding bitcoins then we don't want that others should also have bitcoins in their wallet, and that is human nature or human behavior, at one end we say that the adoption level should be high and at other end we don't want others to know our secret that how we are earning bitcoins and we really don't want them to know about bitcoins so its a big question mark I guess.
Well idk, it all depends on how far ahead they're thinking. They can either aim for the short-term profit and then run off with the money, or they can see their investment grow over a fairly long period of time.

I, for one, have been telling people about how I use signature campaigns and faucets to get some Bitcoin, and I've been telling people how much I make from it per week.

EDIT: a letter
A good way to spread Bitcoin effectively to potential users or buyers is by promotion.
Big companies can promote that if you buy these x products via bitcoin you will have discount, by this people will be interested in bitcoin.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
December 30, 2015, 08:23:06 PM

I believe faucets are very good for spreading bitcoins environment to new people. The free money given to a new comer, will get him more enthusiastic to make him more involved with the bitcoin ecosystem. But giving too much money for free would lead to negative aspects of price dumping like that.
ausbit
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 08:11:16 AM

Yes talking to our friends would be much easier than talking to some unknown people. But when I forced my employees to accept of bitcoin payment, I was somewhat successful even with the unknown people. Some people has asked me to buy back the bitcoin after the accumulate some considerable the big amounts. I agreed to them just to spread bitcoins.
If we spread Bitcoins and its benefits to the non user's of Bitcoins through mouth publicity. It will sure effect the price rise in Bitcoins. And its great if you are giving the salary in Bitcoins to your employees. Both will get benefitted.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:11:54 PM

If we spread Bitcoins and its benefits to the non user's of Bitcoins through mouth publicity. It will sure effect the price rise in Bitcoins. And its great if you are giving the salary in Bitcoins to your employees. Both will get benefitted.

Bitcoins can be given as salary but it cannot be relied upon for the same, seriously...
Just because when the price fluctuates, as for e.g.; if one is getting salary on 1st of each month and his salary is $420, so he might get BTC1 each month, but just think for a minute that if the rate goes down the same day he gets the salary and stays the same, let's say ~$200, do you really think the employees will ever take interest in Bitcoins again???
That's a flaw as we need stability, by saying that, I mean stable growth...

lixer

Activity: 2520
Merit: 586

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 06:03:44 PM

Yes, my way of spreading bitcoin would be showing people the way of making free money. Because many people are getting easily attracted to free money providing sites, like faucets and PTC sites. When they are slowly growing with their little free money they are asking me about bitcoin and its advantages over other payment processors. This way effectively helps me to spread bitcoin.

xmax

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:00:12 PM

Yes, my way of spreading bitcoin would be showing people the way of making free money. Because many people are getting easily attracted to free money providing sites, like faucets and PTC sites. When they are slowly growing with their little free money they are asking me about bitcoin and its advantages over other payment processors. This way effectively helps me to spread bitcoin.

I agree that this is a great way, but you need to ensure the people you are giving free BTC to are going to need to come back or want to come back for some reason after the free bitcoin has run out.  Getting their attention at the beginning is the easy part, keeping it is the hard part.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 08:20:37 PM

I believe faucets are very good for spreading bitcoins environment to new people. The free money given to a new comer, will get him more enthusiastic to make him more involved with the bitcoin ecosystem. But giving too much money for free would lead to negative aspects of price dumping like that.

for the majority of people faucet payouts are nothing more than dust. they will get annoyed because it isn't worth their time. the amounts are way too small to affact the bitcoin price and economy.
687_2

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 09:23:49 PM

I think the best way that Bitcoin can be spread is by doing public demonstrations, and giving free BTC small amounts around 0.02 to those who take an interest.

The only people who could do this is the ones who brought when the price was incredibly cheap and are now BTC rich, this will be a great way to give back to the community and intern help raise BTC popularity and usage and of course making it widespread.

This is demonstrated beautifully in this documentary : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zKuoqZLyKg

How do you feel we as a community should raise bitcoin awareness and how are you helping ?

Giving something away demonstrates that it has no value. Instead you should create a business, accept only XBT from customers, and pay only XBT to your suppliers and employees.

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
January 02, 2016, 11:12:39 PM

There's no point in hoping for a "fair" distribution of money, at the end of the day in an unregulated market there will always be a en elite of smarter people that find ways to make more money than most people.
Hellacopter

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 12:51:39 AM

I think the best ways to spread Bitcoin effectively is by talking with friends, family and relatives about this powerful crypto currency and explaining it for everyone so that's may help to support the bitcoin's currency easily
xmax

Activity: 131

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:37:16 AM

I think the best way that Bitcoin can be spread is by doing public demonstrations, and giving free BTC small amounts around 0.02 to those who take an interest.

The only people who could do this is the ones who brought when the price was incredibly cheap and are now BTC rich, this will be a great way to give back to the community and intern help raise BTC popularity and usage and of course making it widespread.

This is demonstrated beautifully in this documentary : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zKuoqZLyKg

How do you feel we as a community should raise bitcoin awareness and how are you helping ?

Giving something away demonstrates that it has no value. Instead you should create a business, accept only XBT from customers, and pay only XBT to your suppliers and employees.
Doing this would be hard to do and may put a small business venture out of business quicker than it took them to start.  There needs to be a network for others to be part of so that there are no issues getting your pay converted to your local currency to buy things that are not offered under the same payments.
Phil Astley

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 01:49:25 AM

I do not know if anyone has had this thought but online application gaming is huge, and people spend ridiculous amounts of money on games, imagine the £850M spent on Candy Crush alone in 2014, if there was a 20% discount for using Btc then that would be your market penetration ballistic missile right there, and that is just one game.

www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/feb/13/candy-crush-saga-players-855m-2014

That £850M represents a huge chunk of the market cap of btc and I wonder if someone much better than me at maths would care to crunch the numbers, they would find some very interesting things going on and btc if it could grab some of that gaming market would explode...

Zynga would not lose from this deal, the short term monetary loss would be offset by the thousands of coins that would flow to them over time and that I guess is the goal of every company that is waiting for the governments of the world to stop crapping all over cryptocurrencies for their own ends..

Gaming apps and microtransations with btc or other coins is the perfect narrative, it just needs someone with the user base to realise its potential and see past profit of today. To use a phrase of Amazon GET BIG FAST, that motto did not harm them and they still make barely any profit.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 2977

:( My PC broke due trying to recover an old wallet

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2016, 03:42:57 AM

For me i think the best way to spread bitcoin effectively by making a android and apple games related on bitcoins.
And think even a child can be know what is bitcoin. So making a games or application for mobiles you can spread it fast and introduce it easily.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jethrorn99

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:08:48 AM

Giving away 0.2 Bitcoin is useless, people will tend to use that bitcoin and then *poof* gone.
They will not care for bitcoin at all.

For me i think the best way to spread bitcoin effectively by making a android and apple games related on bitcoins.
And think even a child can be know what is bitcoin. So making a games or application for mobiles you can spread it fast and introduce it easily.

I agree on this one, with games played by children, children will tend to understand bitcoin later on and then maybe they can do something with it.
ShrykeZ

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:14:33 AM

Introduce interesting methods of obtaining it, not just providing it for nothing, make someone earn it which involves Bitcoin or Blockchain technology, aka only those bothered to learn about it will be rewarded.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 05:54:33 AM

Introduce interesting methods of obtaining it, not just providing it for nothing, make someone earn it which involves Bitcoin or Blockchain technology, aka only those bothered to learn about it will be rewarded.

Yes innovating new way of earning bitcoin and talking about bitcoin to new users are simple and effective way of spreading bitcoin in my view.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
January 03, 2016, 09:21:22 AM

the best and the most simple would be to pay your employees with bitcoin at their job, instead of fiat but it also mean heavily regulated bitcoin and no anonimity anymore
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: