Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:28:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [COMMUNITY] Taaki, never tell anyone you are involved with Bitcoin ever again.  (Read 10033 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 02:26:18 PM

Much easier to outsource.

Not everyone is a broke dreamer living by the seat of his pants you know.
HOE HOE HOE

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 03:59:53 PM

Much easier to outsource.

Not everyone is a broke dreamer living by the seat of his pants you know.
HO HO HO

FTFY
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 04:01:05 PM

FTFY
It was written exactly as intended, but thanks Cheesy

J-Norm

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 04:52:18 PM

The best way to shun someone is to ignore them. Negative attention often feeds such people.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 08:29:19 PM

I would have done worse than him before my 6 months in Toastmasters where I learned how to speak in front of crowds and they taught me to not use "um", "ahh", "you know", etc...

But I would still likely be nervous in front of an audience trying to explain everything there is about Bitcoin. I have seen some great speakers speak on all aspects of the technology from the economic perspective to the technological. I would have had a hard time describing the blockchain portion of it up until a few months ago after diving into the code of it, and I would still only be able to give a general idea of it with difficulty if someone wanted more detail on the cryptology portion of it.

But in all actuality, I could easily consider myself a "Bitcoin expert" in front of a group of people who have heard nothing about it and want to learn about it.

Face it, most of us are geeks that have some good knowledge but are not comfortable in the area of communicating. Especially in front of a large audience that ended up being somewhat hostile toward the end.

If I were to do something like that I would have a speech prepared and limit the questions and say "we can discuss that further afterwards" often.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2012, 02:20:34 AM

Taaki or you and alikes? I choose Taaki.

Plain as day,  Taaki is a thief.  (He stole the Bitcoinica source code,  and published what wasn't his to publish)

MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 09:22:27 AM

All you profit-oriented retards, who already sold your souls for money and will thus sell Bitcoin as easy as 1-2-3, who are now attacking Taaki
and alikes because you think having people like him around would be bad for your investments = Fuck off!

You fuck off. Bitcoin is not about geeks. I'm sure a familiar rock awaits you somewhere.

Fuck off #2. Taaki and McCarthy, Genjix and Nefario are exactly alike. And they're exactly what has no business associating itself with BTC, or - horribile dictu - pretending BTC is associated with them.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 05:41:27 AM

watching the first video i could tell straight away this guys background is in the 'anonymous' hacker area. and not a business/financial background.

i am a fan of these crypto currencies but even i could not see one positive thing that guy said that actually helped bitcoin have some credibility.

i really wonder where these financial conferences advertise that they require 'experts' to talk about bitcoin. As that guy seriously should not have been a public face of bitcoin.

making comments such as businesses are accepting bitcoin and making a loss purely because they see the potential. and when questioned about how can someone get bitcoin. he seemed to have no clue about mining or how to explain it simply.

i face-palmed atleast 30 times whilst watching the video. what a waste of a potentially good chance to show bitcoin as better then other payment methods.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 05:45:51 AM

watching the first video i could tell straight away this guys background is in the 'anonymous' hacker area. and not a business/financial background.

To be fair, Amir has never claimed to be a business/financial person.  He's often said that all he wants to do is write code. 

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 05:58:30 AM

To be fair, Amir has never claimed to be a business/financial person.  He's often said that all he wants to do is write code.  
im not against coders at all for instance gavin andersen would be a perfect fit to have gone to this conference, or someone from bitpay/bitinstant/mtgox.

but in this case this particular coder going to a financial conference is like a pimp going to a WI meeting to explain womens rights.
the second video shows the other panellists showing more positives for bitcoin and slightly defending it, but that dude really needs a lesson in PR

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 06:19:23 AM

Plain as day,  Taaki is a thief.  (He stole the Bitcoinica source code,  and published what wasn't his to publish)

Quote to quote.
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 06:34:31 AM

Quote to quote.

Here is another quote for you:

Patrick Strateman (Phantomcircut) is a liar,  and has implied physical threats of violence against myself.

That's not the appropriate way to conduct business.

BTW,  when will you be giving me back my 23,291.7726294  Bitcoins? (Currently worth about $300K USD)
I didn't even get a single Bitcoin back from you.

phantomcircuit

Activity: 463
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 06:47:05 AM

http://archive.is/5A1c
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 06:56:09 AM

Would you care to actually answer my question rather than linking me to my own posts?

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 12:02:35 PM

Do you mean these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-DVOYyx_6U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFWPOxSfxgc&feature=plcp

I mean he tries, but you can really see that he is awfully nervous and doesn't feel comfortable in this environment. Just look at his body language in the second video and compare it to the guy right next to him.

He has good intentions and he tries but he really screws up.

We desperately need people to do such events that actually enjoy speaking and are able to explain bitcoin from a business perspective and not the techy way.

Bitcoin is so superior to all the alternatives, it really hurts seeing it presented in this way.

I'd be up for speaking about Bitcoin, I enjoy talking to audiences. I think as a community though we need some good wiki about what to actually SAY to people. I've been trying out different intro-to-bitcoin talks one people for the past couple years and still haven't gotten much farther then, "huh?" from most people. And it's not for the lack of me trying to talk normally.

more or less retired.
kangasbros

Activity: 812
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 01:04:43 PM

i really wonder where these financial conferences advertise that they require 'experts' to talk about bitcoin. As that guy seriously should not have been a public face of bitcoin.

In addition to writing lots of open source software related to bitcoin, Taaki has also promoted bitcoin actively in various tech conferences etc around the world. He also kept bitcoinmedia.com (in addition to other sites), which doesn't update any more, but at one point it was pretty popular.

This is bitcoin, anybody can just start promoting it in any way possible, and there is no central authority to forbide someone working or promoting the tech. If you think that Taaki (for example) is doing a bad job, bitching on the forums won't probably help much. Start doing the promotion etc job yourself and do it better.

Boussac
Legendary

Activity: 1220
Merit: 1015

e-ducat.fr

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 02:10:58 PM

If you think that Taaki (for example) is doing a bad job, bitching on the forums won't probably help much. Start doing the promotion etc job yourself and do it better.

It won't hurt to do both..Maybe people are helping Genjix by telling here that they don't think he's using the right words.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 02:43:36 PM

Do you mean these?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-DVOYyx_6U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFWPOxSfxgc&feature=plcp

I mean he tries, but you can really see that he is awfully nervous and doesn't feel comfortable in this environment. Just look at his body language in the second video and compare it to the guy right next to him.

He has good intentions and he tries but he really screws up.

We desperately need people to do such events that actually enjoy speaking and are able to explain bitcoin from a business perspective and not the techy way.

Bitcoin is so superior to all the alternatives, it really hurts seeing it presented in this way.

I'd be up for speaking about Bitcoin, I enjoy talking to audiences. I think as a community though we need some good wiki about what to actually SAY to people. I've been trying out different intro-to-bitcoin talks one people for the past couple years and still haven't gotten much farther then, "huh?" from most people. And it's not for the lack of me trying to talk normally.

There is:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Public_relations
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 10, 2012, 03:07:30 PM

I love how phantomcircuit comes on here and plays around with the people from whom he's helped obstruct access to their assets.  Classy.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2012, 05:05:40 PM

I think this part of a really amazing TED talk is really fitting for this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=chXsLtHqfdM#t=841s

"The truth about entrepreneurship: You have to be able to do three things beautifully, make it optimally, sell it optimally, handle your finances optimally and no single human being can do all three optimally."

Taaki simply can't sell it and he shouldn't try doing what he can't do. (Well he can't make anything or handle finances either, but's another story..  Roll Eyes)

I love that video, hazek, hence starting a thread on it over a week ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128387.0

~Bruno K~
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: