Bitcoin Forum
July 31, 2024, 07:25:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So why are you guys interested in bitcoins?  (Read 1393 times)
wdBTCtrader

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 04:47:03 PM

I bought a food recipe from a student in China once. Can you imagine how difficult that would have been without bitcoin?

We are finally buying their secrets for a change! 
mccorvic

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:19:24 PM

I'm in the "internet cash" camp.  The world is becoming more digitally connected and it is time that we move beyond having hundreds of currencies.  If I want to buy/sell something in India or Australia I should be able to do so without first paying out to a dozen middlemen and waiting two weeks for payment to clear.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
Adarma

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:21:28 PM

we like bitcoins
Glubble

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:13:10 PM

Utility. It is the safest, simplest way to buy anything from anyone in the world. 

I think this is a bit optimistic. Exchanging and managing bitcoins still requires the use of a computer and an internet connection, which makes it vulnerable compared to physical money from a established currency. Since it is still a very new currency there are also risks of the whole system crashing down due to unforeseen reasons.

However it's probably the easiest way to make anonymous payments.
I hear what your saying and you may be right. But if one factors in the complexity of setting up an bank account and getting it linked to a credit card, then bitcoin may compare more favorably. Once your client is up and running, pulling he trigger on a purchase is easy.
When it comes to international sales I think bitcoin is even more powerful. I bought a food recipe from a student in China once. Can you imagine how difficult that would have been without bitcoin?

I can't argue with that. To be honest, I'm going to refrain from passing too much judgment on bitcoin, whether positive or negative, until more time has elapsed. After all, it's still an experiment in progress.
binoc

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 07:51:22 PM

I believe it supports the freedom of the individual. we need to hold onto our freedom.
SlickTheNick

Activity: 220
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 11:55:00 PM

I think the fact that it is totally decentralized is awesome. No bank or government controls it, and those are the two main institutions in our world that breed the most corruption. Its like that one quote.. something along the lines of "I care not who makes the laws, only who controls the money". Not the actual quote obviously, I forget how it goes. Point is, we finally have the ability to take away the absolute control of money away from the elites of this world

Looking for a way to get some bitcoins for free? Check out http://earnfreebitcoins.com !
Get easy bitcoins at  https://coincontroller.com?r=eaef398b5 !
quattrobente

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 04:01:36 AM

1.Anonimity
2.Investment growth

BUT it's really hard for me to sell btc! haven't found a way yet to encash a large sum!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: