Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:42:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: buttcoin.org  (Read 9274 times)
alkor (OP)

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:21:32 AM

Has anyone seen this website yet?

http://buttcoin.org/

It is quite funny. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
interfect

Activity: 141

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:22:28 AM

I've seen it. Very silly.
gene

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 08:26:13 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2011, 09:00:03 AM by gene

Silly, but telling.

This is a widely held perception which will imperil bitcoin in this crucial incubatory phase.

It also shows to what degree the community has failed in honestly and clearly explaining what bitcoin is.

*processing payment* *error 404 : funds not found*
Do you want to complain on the forum just to fall for another scam a few days later?
| YES       |        YES |
sim_bai

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 09:24:54 AM

very nice, i like this chart  Grin
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 11:48:37 AM

There is no evidence of any institutional investors participating in the market yet. Our software is still in beta. We are still the smart money. 

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:49:14 AM

I appreciate good satire, but this site really doesn't run as far as it could with the concept. Comedy is hard, I guess.

He also fails to mention the cycle of new ideas/products that end up as world-changing events. They are first told it is impossible, then they are mocked and ridiculed, and finally given reluctant credit as the obvious implications unfold. Short-sighted people always find it easier to deconstruct something than do their own research into the plausible applications of something new.

As others have said, bitcoin as a first attempt may not succeed - but the fundamental idea of a crypto-currency will. I have a hunch it will be the right combination the first time, with successive refinements to the core idea as time goes on.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
beeph

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:42:05 PM

I appreciate good satire, but this site really doesn't run as far as it could with the concept. Comedy is hard, I guess.

He also fails to mention the cycle of new ideas/products that end up as world-changing events. They are first told it is impossible, then they are mocked and ridiculed, and finally given reluctant credit as the obvious implications unfold. Short-sighted people always find it easier to deconstruct something than do their own research into the plausible applications of something new.

As others have said, bitcoin as a first attempt may not succeed - but the fundamental idea of a crypto-currency will. I have a hunch it will be the right combination the first time, with successive refinements to the core idea as time goes on.

actually its you who doesnt get the concept of a bubble.  You are spouting the classic 'this time its different' line.  Everything you said can be perfectly true and still lead to a bubble, actually most bubbles are founded in very real and accurate logic.. 'tech is the future', 'god aint makin' anymore land' etc the problem is when price action accumulates years of "new paradigm" in a matter of a few weeks/months, and the collapse is not necessarily caused by the failure of a technology to live up to the promise, its true cause is PANIC, people simply can not watch millions of dollars go to 0 without selling, and no matter how intelligent a crowd is if a fire starts, they will trample each other to death.

This IS a bubble, and there will be a huge crash, but that DOES NOT mean that bitcoins are a failure, it will just take longer for it to happen.  I mean tech didnt go away.. eventually amazon.com did live up to the promise of 2001.  IT just didnt do it in in 3 weeks while the public was panic buying to get rich.

O
airdata

Activity: 1148
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:45:31 PM

They must have sold all their coins @ $1.50.

As I said in another thread... taking a person or something's name and inserting a word like butt to try to make a joke is funny if you're 12.  I'm going to put myself out there and say that whoever put that site together has an IQ of maybe 80.

heh heh... buttcoin

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
......swap...Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
...MVP LIVE...
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:48:24 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2011, 12:59:14 PM by Vladimir

pipe down on bubble rhetoric m8, neither public not institutional investors have not heard a pip about bitcoin yet. The chart on that site (which I BTW posted here on forum long before it got to that site) kind of demonstrates that this bubble still has long time to inflate further...

anyway Bitcoin is a singularity not just a bubble.

-
beeph

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 12:55:08 PM

pipe down on bubble rhetoric m8, neither public not institutional investors have not hear a pip about bitcoin yet. The chart on that site (which I BTW posted here on forum long before it got to that site) kind of demonstrates that this bubble still has long time to inflate further...

anyway Bitcoin is a singularity not just a bubble.

oh i agree... I'm not selling by any means.. im buying.. i think the price goes over 100$.. still early phase.  This is a bubble in its very early phase.. and even after it pops, there will be a dead cat bounce at which point i will sell.
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 01:12:01 PM

This IS a bubble, and there will be a huge crash

Proof by assertion?

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 01:16:29 PM

actually its you who doesnt get the concept of a bubble.  You are spouting the classic 'this time its different' line.  Everything you said can be perfectly true and still lead to a bubble, actually most bubbles are founded in very real and accurate logic.. 'tech is the future', 'god aint makin' anymore land' etc the problem is when price action accumulates years of "new paradigm" in a matter of a few weeks/months, and the collapse is not necessarily caused by the failure of a technology to live up to the promise, its true cause is PANIC, people simply can not watch millions of dollars go to 0 without selling, and no matter how intelligent a crowd is if a fire starts, they will trample each other to death.

This IS a bubble, and there will be a huge crash, but that DOES NOT mean that bitcoins are a failure, it will just take longer for it to happen.  I mean tech didnt go away.. eventually amazon.com did live up to the promise of 2001.  IT just didnt do it in in 3 weeks while the public was panic buying to get rich.

O

I assure you, I know what a bubble is, having actually traded futures during some turbulent periods in financial history. This isn't my first rodeo. In fact, the way that bitcoin has percolated up through various layers and groups in the internet before breaking into mainstream media has bolstered my confidence in it overall. It is the antithesis of anything peddled for 'get rich quick' value, as the pattern there is typically saturate every possible medium, then make off with the stolen goods.

As for predicting market action, I also have experience in this and all I can say conclusively (for now) is: Bitcoin is in an uptrend, so it is time to buy until it is not. I will maintain that stance until the market tells me otherwise.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
beeph

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 01:29:47 PM

For the record, I'm buying, and mining, because I believe that we're in the early phases of a bubble, and there's plenty of money to be made in bubbles.  Also, I think that buy-and-hold'ers will make money if they can weather the volatility.  But to those who are deluded that this is gonna be a smooth parabolic rise to the moon, NO.

(my belief, no proof).  To arguments about the validity of the mythos currently surroudn bitcoins, I say 'it doesnt matter - bubbles arent about logic, they're about greed and fear.. thats all'

and  i think fundamentally we're in agreement.. BUY BUY BUY!!!!
Lynzoi

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:02:16 PM

http://weusecarrots.com/

1HX4zSn3yQpVH3v9Sv5TNwMqbfXoBbMuNf
airdata

Activity: 1148
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 02:03:39 PM

Somebody help me understand why somebody would go through the trouble of registering a domain and making a crappy website like that?

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
......swap...Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
...MVP LIVE...
lemonginger

Activity: 210

firstbits: 121vnq

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:17:36 PM

probably just to piss you off airdata
Danny Crane

Activity: 21

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 05:46:03 PM

Nice butt. It turns me on.
Jaime Frontero

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 05:51:51 PM

Somebody help me understand why somebody would go through the trouble of registering a domain and making a crappy website like that?

it's the /. crowd.  they fancy themselves gods.
DATA COMMANDER

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 06:11:46 PM

The interesting thing is that if you look at the so-called "mean" line, these guys are apparently bullish in the long run.

Tips are appreciated (very tiny tips are perfectly okay!) 13gDRynPfLH3NNAz3nVyU3k3mYVcfeiQuF
BombaUcigasa
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 09:50:11 PM

pipe down on bubble rhetoric m8, neither public not institutional investors have not heard a pip about bitcoin yet. The chart on that site (which I BTW posted here on forum long before it got to that site) kind of demonstrates that this bubble still has long time to inflate further...
Oh Vladimir, you're so powerful, like a russian bear... you can just send a DMCA and they take down half that website's content Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: