Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:55:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the US dollar crashed, would it affect bitcoin in any way?  (Read 6656 times)
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 08:24:56 AM

Yeah it would effect Bitcoin somehow because many of the Bitcoin users sell there Bitcoins against the US Dollar, so know they will have to fgind a other currency to sell for.
I think that it would not do much but it would be somewhat a problem at first.
I also think that it would effect the Bitcoin somehow because many people are selling there coins for the US Dollar so now the users have to search for a other currency and maybe that is going to be harder.
So I am not sure how it would go unless it is going to happen.

When the US dollar crashes, the bitcoin will be the major currency. It can rises a lot in terms of US dollar.
Basteamore

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 09:43:28 AM

Yeah it would effect Bitcoin somehow because many of the Bitcoin users sell there Bitcoins against the US Dollar, so know they will have to fgind a other currency to sell for.
I think that it would not do much but it would be somewhat a problem at first.
I also think that it would effect the Bitcoin somehow because many people are selling there coins for the US Dollar so now the users have to search for a other currency and maybe that is going to be harder.
So I am not sure how it would go unless it is going to happen.

When the US dollar crashes, the bitcoin will be the major currency. It can rises a lot in terms of US dollar.

The US dollar will not crash suddenly. It will just drop slowly due to the inflation. The bitcoin will also rise slowly.
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 02:01:56 PM

Yeah it would have some effect on Bitcoin because most people sell there coins for the US Dollar so I am sure that because of that it is going to effect Bitcoin somehow.
Now people will have to find a other currency to trade in there coins for.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:12:05 AM

Yeah it would have some effect on Bitcoin because most people sell there coins for the US Dollar so I am sure that because of that it is going to effect Bitcoin somehow.
Now people will have to find a other currency to trade in there coins for.
Yeah I agree just like you sad many people trade in their Bitcoin for the US Dollar so you can say that it is pretty important for Bitcoin.
It is somehow going to effect Bitcoin but how it will effect it is what I do not know.
Basteamore

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:16:48 AM

If the US dollar clapses, the bitcoin will replace it as the world reserve currency. So the price will rise a lot.
newcoins1978

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 20, 2016, 08:32:29 AM

I think bitcoin will rise in value, I can't say this for sure because I'm not an expert in economics.
I can only guess at this point, I think the value will increase because the dollar would be worth less if the dollar would crash.
I do think that it will effect Bitcoin somehow because I know that most people sell their Bitcoin for the US Dollar.
If the Dollar crashes then there has to come a replacement for it but i do not know which currency would be best.
Viscore

Activity: 3052
Merit: 647

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:09:57 PM

If the US dollar clapses, the bitcoin will replace it as the world reserve currency. So the price will rise a lot.

The price will bitcoin will rise exponentially when the US dollar crashes. It will replace many fiats in the world.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
Basteamore

View Profile
August 03, 2016, 10:24:48 AM

The price will bitcoin will rise exponentially when the US dollar crashes. It will replace many fiats in the world.

That is right. But it seems that we need to worry about the short term bitcoin now. One exchange was hacked.
Fappanu

Activity: 1111
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 12:52:04 PM

That is right. But it seems that we need to worry about the short term bitcoin now. One exchange was hacked.

The bitcoin price has already recovered from $450 to $550. So the market confidence has recovered as well.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 03:41:30 PM

If the USD crashes I would expect 10k BTC in no time. Now a lot of people is aware of Bitcoin and they would too see the potential. Once everyone starts dropping money on BTC the price will skyrocket due the tiny marketcap.
MingLee

Activity: 490
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 03:49:59 PM

If the USD crashes I would expect 10k BTC in no time. Now a lot of people is aware of Bitcoin and they would too see the potential. Once everyone starts dropping money on BTC the price will skyrocket due the tiny marketcap.
It could probably be higher than $10k USD to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if we hit something more along the lines of $20k or higher, depending on how many people look to Bitcoin as a safe haven for their assets.

Most of the buy orders that could be filled would be filled nearly immediately after the USD goes down 5 cents v. every other currency, and then people would just start dumping whatever USD thy could into Bitcoin (if they opt to do so) and fill basically every sell order, until the sell orders start to dry up and the buy orders skyrocket.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 03:58:14 PM

Most likely Bitcoin's value would increase compared to the Dollar, GBP, EURO and other fiat currencies. It would be seen as being more stable and the value increase would entice others to get some. I doubt it'll fall as it is not fully reliant on the US economy to keep it going.
Genemon

Activity: 55

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:21:32 AM

Most likely Bitcoin's value would increase compared to the Dollar, GBP, EURO and other fiat currencies. It would be seen as being more stable and the value increase would entice others to get some. I doubt it'll fall as it is not fully reliant on the US economy to keep it going.

The value of the bitcoin will rise compared to the fiat. If the fiat crashes, the bitcoin price will rise even faster.
Basteamore

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:39:01 PM

The value of the bitcoin will rise compared to the fiat. If the fiat crashes, the bitcoin price will rise even faster.

I think so. That is the reason why I have bought the bitcoin in the last few years and keep them for the long term.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:42:29 PM

If ever there was a time for the dollar to crash it was between 2007-2009, and it didn't even come close.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 05:56:01 PM

I don't believe that myself. There would be a small hard core of believers who'd carry on buying. Everyone else would examine their beliefs, panic like fuck and pour into gold or just sit there and be eaten by devaluation.

Bitcoin's a generation or two away from being a genuine safe haven, if that ever happens at all. For most people this is an extreme bet and it would be the first thing they'd abandon if the shit truly hit the fan.
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:10:01 AM

I don't believe that myself. There would be a small hard core of believers who'd carry on buying. Everyone else would examine their beliefs, panic like fuck and pour into gold or just sit there and be eaten by devaluation.

Bitcoin's a generation or two away from being a genuine safe haven, if that ever happens at all. For most people this is an extreme bet and it would be the first thing they'd abandon if the shit truly hit the fan.

If the dollar collapses the last thing anyone will give a fuck about is bitcoin. It will be food, ammo and fuel - prepare to protect what you have, take from others, or die. Ffs let's end this ridiculous notion that bitcoin value will moon in the face of US economy collapse.
Shiroslullaby

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:13:45 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 02:26:11 AM by Shiroslullaby

Of course it would have an effect on Bitcoin.
But its never going to happen.
Go ask Muammar Gaddafi what happened the last time someone tried to stand up to the US dollar.
Oh you cant because hes dead lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTqPWcw0KqE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THlaMUq6MKU

chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 02:27:47 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 03:15:24 PM by chesthing

Go ask Muammar Gaddafi what happened the last time someone tried to stand up to the US dollar.
And then there's that, it's not going to happen.
praprata

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 09:31:07 AM

It would effect Bitcoin somehow because many people sell there Bitcoin for US Dollar, but also know that it is not going to happen.
The US Dollar is never going to crash because they will always have a solution.

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: