Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:58:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: And some more delays in BFL shipment plans / no shipment before 14th Jan 2013  (Read 22690 times)
LazyOtto

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:10:59 PM

whether Chinese New Year is going to be an issue
What!

BFL has experience with Chinese New year.

If that could become an issue they would surely so announce.

Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:12:18 PM

It's likely next on the excuse Rolodex.

DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:15:41 PM

This year Chinese New Year starts Feb 10th 2013

So BFL only needs one more 30 day delay to be affected

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_New_Year
Frizz23 (OP)

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:48:13 PM

I got lost with BFLs updates/announcements/delays. 11th December was when Josh was gonna confirm that 24th chip delivery December date.

Are there any new updates/announcements/delays dates scheduled by BFL/Josh already?

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
repentance

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 10:56:58 PM

It's likely next on the excuse Rolodex.

The massive delays which Chinese New Year can create aren't really an "excuse", but they're one hell of a trap for the unwary.  You need to plan for it months in advance because it can slow production down so much.  That said, we don't know the location of their foundry or whether it could potentially be affected.

Are there any new updates/announcements/delays dates scheduled by BFL/Josh already?

You mean you didn't read the new title of your own thread?

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Frizz23 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2012, 11:21:10 PM

You mean you didn't read the new title of your own thread?

Cheesy ... that thread/title was created last week ... much could have changed since then. It's hard to keep up with Inaba/BFLs rate of excuses / new delivery dates / "press releases".

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 12:03:00 AM

Starting is one thing. I dont think people understand how long it takes for poor factory workers to get around in huge china and then back to their job. They might very well leave a week or two early early in some cases. It is a huge mess. 130 million people trying to get home and not using jets. Weeks before the holiday things gring to a halt and cause major problems for the largest customers let alone tiny ones.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 12:15:03 AM

Starting is one thing. I dont think people understand how long it takes for poor factory workers to get around in huge china and then back to their job. They might very well leave a week or two early early in some cases. It is a huge mess. 130 million people trying to get home and not using jets. Weeks before the holiday things gring to a halt and cause major problems for the largest customers let alone tiny ones.

All I can say is WOW! http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/interactive/2011/jan/27/china-railways-audio-slideshow (video slideshow with voice over)
repentance

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 12:16:27 AM

We always used to count on a two month delay around Chinese New Year.  As you said, many places close early because it takes so long for people to travel home.  They often re-open late for the same reason.  Another issue is that many workers don't return at all so when businesses in the manufacturing sector do re-open they not only have orders backed up but they often have to find new employees as well.  Even a business which is not directly affected itself will often have issues because its suppliers are affected.

Of course the fab might not be in China.  If it is, though, BLF urgently needs to find out whether it will be closing around the Chinese New Year period or working at reduced capacity.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 12:33:30 AM

BFL's fab is in china.

so yeah.

i believe it's feb 8 for the start of chinese new year this year, so if they didn't get the chip shipment by mid-january...well, expect somewhere close to summer until you can get your asics.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 12:39:10 AM

BFL's fab is in china.

so yeah.

i believe it's feb 8 for the start of chinese new year this year, so if they didn't get the chip shipment by mid-january...well, expect somewhere close to summer until you can get your asics.

If that's the case, would The Fab Feb FAB Fib be added to the lexicon? (Fab = fabulous)
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 12:52:08 AM

BFL's fab is in china.

so yeah.

If that's the case, would The Fab Feb FAB Fib be added to the lexicon? (Fab = fabulous)

that'd be fabulols.

DoomDumas
Legendary

Activity: 1002

Bitcoin

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 01:41:12 AM

If a customer wants a refund, we issue a refund.  End of story.

Stop spreading mis-information. Let me show you the official BFL policy.

http://www.butterflylabs.com/faq/
Payments made for pre-orders of ASIC based products now under development should be considered non-refundable
In cased you missed it, Inaba works for BFL. I think that part of their website needs to be updated, as I don't think it's ever been enforced. I've never heard of someone who wanted a refund, and didn't get one.

Just cuz he might scrub their toilets once a week doesn't mean he determines company policy. He doesn't even post under his offical company account here. Official BFL Policy is clearly visible on the website and has been that way for 6 months. If the website was intended to be updated, it would have been updated months ago. BFL can refuse any request for a refund.

Yes they can, but do they refuse any refund request yet ?  Never heard of it for now !  So ask your refund and let my orders comes faster to me Smiley
repentance

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:01:21 AM

From Jody's blog.

If we have extended our date beyond your ability to stick with us, we at Customer Service are ready to refund money for those who want to get out of the line.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/55-so-we-get-have-holiday.html

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:17:25 AM

Well..........Creativex,Frizz,mem...........you guys were right on the delay part   Sad

Now all we can do is wait & see if BFL has another delay.It dosen't make any sense for me to get a refund,they may get it right this time & I'll really be behind the 8 ball if I lose my place in line........

All other ASIC vendors have no room for my preorder as of now,so I'd be looking at march-may for my first device.............

I'm more dissappointed than anything else,I'm an optimist at heart...........still hoping,but it looks like FPGA crap all over again  Sad

Soooo..........bring on the "I tolds ya so's"...............I'm ready  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 02:27:12 AM

I'm not happy to be right on this, and I do hope it works out for you and other BFL pre-order customers.

BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 06:19:14 AM

That must be why it is so cheap. Some legwork is required at a boutique fab?

Western business people regard having good contacts as essential to success.  Relationships are also a critical part of doing business in Asia.  Not only do you need an agent who actually has the influence they say they have, you need an agent who will actively use that influence on your behalf unless you want your orders to be pushed aside repeatedly because another agent has a better relationship with the manufacturer than yours does.

Am I the only one here who's gob-smacked by the fact that none of the project leads for any of the BTC ASIC vendors seem to have been flying to Asia on a regular basis to meet with their agents and manufacturers?

eh, ngzhang is in Asia to begin with, and earlier last month, i flew in as well. every member of the Avalon team is in china at the moment.

DiabloD3
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2012, 06:51:39 AM

Angry neighborhood bastard mod here.

Earlier Phinnaeus Gage doxed the BFL people. This post has been reported several times. I have decided to not delete the post. I think BFL is at the very least lying to people and at the very most trying to scam people, otherwise they would have shipped the product already.

If you think I'm wrong and the post should be deleted, take it up with theymos. If you don't want unsavory characters like Phinnaeus Gage to dox you, then don't fuck investors.

Frizz23 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 07:41:56 AM

Earlier Phinnaeus Gage doxed the BFL people. This post has been reported several times. I have decided to not delete the post. I think BFL is at the very least lying to people and at the very most trying to scam people, otherwise they would have shipped the product already.

Are you referring to this post?

What concerns me is that I get the impression that Jody and Josh are not even in the same building most of the time. They talk as if they haven't seen each other in the workplace [in the same day].

Whats up with that?

Why is Jody talking about it like it's the first shes heard of it? Isn't she GM (General Manager) and don't they see each other all of the time? Or is she a stay at home CS type of thing? (Serious question)

why does she act like she just heard the latest word from the blog or a post?

It's possible Jody Drake works from her office at home in front of the picture window watching her chickens.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jody-drake/13/556/4ba

http://www.awakeningworld.com/about.html

John Mutrux uses the same studio/home: http://www.mutrux.com/

http://asmp.org/community/chapters/chapter_profile.php?id=13

Board Member   
John Mutrux
5217 England
Merriam, KS 66203
(913) 722-4343 Work
(913) 982-6120 Cell
john@mutrux.com

Vice President   
Chris Vleisides
2507 Jefferson
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816) 421-1077 Work
chris@vpsphoto.com

Board Member   
Nicholas Vedros                 Nick V (?) (EDIT: possibly wrong Nick--I was thinking of Nick W)
1510 Jarboe Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816) 471-5488 Work
(816) 471-2666 Fax
nick.vedros@vedros.com

Starlightbreaker
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2012, 07:51:02 AM

Are you referring to this post?

What concerns me is that I get the impression that Jody and Josh are not even in the same building most of the time. They talk as if they haven't seen each other in the workplace [in the same day].

Whats up with that?

Why is Jody talking about it like it's the first shes heard of it? Isn't she GM (General Manager) and don't they see each other all of the time? Or is she a stay at home CS type of thing? (Serious question)

why does she act like she just heard the latest word from the blog or a post?

It's possible Jody Drake works from her office at home in front of the picture window watching her chickens.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jody-drake/13/556/4ba

http://www.awakeningworld.com/about.html

John Mutrux uses the same studio/home: http://www.mutrux.com/

http://asmp.org/community/chapters/chapter_profile.php?id=13

Board Member   
John Mutrux
5217 England
Merriam, KS 66203
(913) 722-4343 Work
(913) 982-6120 Cell
john@mutrux.com

Vice President   
Chris Vleisides
2507 Jefferson
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816) 421-1077 Work
chris@vpsphoto.com

Board Member   
Nicholas Vedros                 Nick V (?) (EDIT: possibly wrong Nick--I was thinking of Nick W)
1510 Jarboe Street
Kansas City, MO 64108
(816) 471-5488 Work
(816) 471-2666 Fax
nick.vedros@vedros.com

well shit son.

don't quote the whole thing, you'll get reported too.

Angry

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: