Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:54:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't let bitcoin overtake your soul  (Read 7135 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 09:43:13 AM

this remind me a bit how they blame bitcoin when terrorist use it, it's the same shit, bitcoin it's not the problem everything around it is

but usually it's more easy to blame bitcoin than the right problem
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 10:02:01 AM

So from April 2015 until mid December 2015 I tried every method I could come up with to try and outsmart the system.
You wanted outsmart math? Cheesy Man, i don't want to insult you, let just say you have gambler gene.
equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 11:08:34 AM

this remind me a bit how they blame bitcoin when terrorist use it, it's the same shit, bitcoin it's not the problem everything around it is

absolutely perfectly said bro, who ever loses in gambling blames bitcoin, who ever loses some thing they blame bitcoin, they just dont want to get  the correct reason of problem and just wanted to blame on bitcoin and get safed, he won so much and planned it but due to greedy he lost everything and this is his own problem and now after lossing blaming bitcoin.

first the person have to gain power on his greedyness then only he can be success.
lahm-44

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:01:08 PM

what the hell how could you even think of getting a lot of blocks after lossing your coins from the first block . look you lost that money so you should clearly tell her the trust o come on its just a pile of money and you van make more if you work on somewhere but taking loan for gambling is off the life it clearly means that you are doing a biggest mistake of your life.think if you had told her the trust when you lost the money you got from the 2nd block yesshe will be angery but aftera little time she will forgive you too. but now you have done a bigger mistake and just bypassing it day by day mining is not a good job at currenct stage. if you want tocrepay the loans then i will advice you to do anything else atleast which will give you profit,mining is only slowly consuming your money
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:09:40 PM

absolutely perfectly said bro, who ever loses in gambling blames bitcoin, who ever loses some thing they blame bitcoin, they just dont want to get  the correct reason of problem and just wanted to blame on bitcoin and get safed, he won so much and planned it but due to greedy he lost everything and this is his own problem and now after lossing blaming bitcoin.

first the person have to gain power on his greedyness then only he can be success.

That's a good example. Bitcoin is just the currency, its not the cause of terror, broken relationships or losses in gambling. People always look for the easiest things to blame.

r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:53:18 PM

It appears you have joined http://www.mgtow.com/

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:59:31 PM

Sucks to hear this, this just proves that money isn't everything. Money doesn't mean anything without your loved ones.
I hope you learn from this and maybe this story will open some people's eyes and will have them take a look at themselves and how bitcoin is affecting their lives.

trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:04:03 PM

That is really funny kind of story when someone failed to take responsibility of his failure i think it all happened just because of op greediness because i feel money is more important for him than any other thing and now putting blame on bitcoin so that i would like to say JUST GROW UP MAN  Tongue
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:17:05 PM

Sucks to hear this, this just proves that money isn't everything. Money doesn't mean anything without your loved ones.
I hope you learn from this and maybe this story will open some people's eyes and will have them take a look at themselves and how bitcoin is affecting their lives.
People fail to understand that this is not the problem of money or bitcoin. It is human nature and greed that is at fault here. It is the same as blaming guns for shooting.
Do you know that Switzerland has free access to weapons the same as US does? Do you heard about any shootings there? Moral of the story - don't blame others for your mistakes.
Newcoins2020

Activity: 406

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:29:32 PM

People fail to understand that this is not the problem of money or bitcoin. It is human nature and greed that is at fault here. It is the same as blaming guns for shooting.
Do you know that Switzerland has free access to weapons the same as US does? Do you heard about any shootings there? Moral of the story - don't blame others for your mistakes.

What a joke. Don't blame greed on the mistakes you've made. It's not in human nature to be greedy, it's just you as a person who is greedy to keep wanting more and more. Not everyone has greed in them. Some people are pretty satisfied with the things that mother nature gave them, they don't need certain stuff to live their lives like something like money. They can live off their land and grow their own food. I know some people who live this way and they are happier than anyone who deals with money. Some people need to take a grip of themselves and own up to their own mistakes and  the decisions they have made.
partysaurus

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:39:20 PM

It all started for me back in April of 2014.

The following year my girlfriend and I had broken up for a few months because I had become so obsessed with reading about bitcoin and was being neglectful to her needs.

I had promised her that I wouldn't constantly be on my phone reading all the news related to bitcoin and watching the price fluctuations and on July 16th 2014 I asked her to marry me.

I kept my promises to her for a while. Until April 2015 when my miners that I used for solo mining actually found a block.

It was my first time finding one after over a year of trying and seeing 25 coins in my wallet worth almost $6,000.00 was so exhilarating and I felt like I was on cloud 9

I told my fiance about it and for the first time she was happy i had gotten involved into mining bitcoin.

I made a promise never to touch them until we we ready to retire.

A few days later I purchased 1 bitcoin and rented some hashpower and tried my luck at solo mining again.

Before I had spent even 1/4 of that bitcoin I found another block.

Woo hoo! This is easy I told myself.

Of course I told her about it and again she was very pleased.

This time I promised I would only use five coins to try and solo mine another block.

Well I lost the five.

Then more, then more and more and more until I had lost it all.

I couldn't tell her what I had done, couldn't admit that I had turned into a compulsive gambler and threw it all away.

So what did I decide to do?

I took out a home equity loan and borrowed $30,000.00 so I could purchase about 75 coins at the time.

I just knewI had figured out a system and with that many coins I would be able to get back what I had lost and repay my home equity loan.

So from April 2015 until mid December 2015 I tried every method I could come up with to try and outsmart the system.

At times I would spend an average of 1 bitcoin per day assuming it would take me no longer than 25 days to find a block and if I found one earlier then that then obviously I had come out ahead and I would pick a different address to solo mine to. It had to work, how couldn't it. At other times I would rent enough hashpower that I should have found a block within 12 hours.

Well it was quiet a roller coaster. From April of 2015 until mid December of 2015 I would estimate I found at least ten blocks probably more.

But I never could get back to where i started. I would get to the point where I was about to lose it all then I'd find a block.

Then I'd use that one to try and find more. When I was about to lose it all again, I'd find another one.

This process of losing almost everything and then gaining back a little, rinse wash and repeat continued for 8 months.

It was the most stressful time of my life.

All I could think about was getting back what I had lost so I wouldn't have to tell my fiance what I had done.

She felt neglected because I was always swiping my phone to see my new "best share" and to see how close I was to finding another block and a dark cloud followed me everywhere I went.

My negativity and despair showed on my face and she didn't understand why because I couldn't be honest about what I was doing because I was so ashamed.

Every day she would complain how I was always on my phone and not paying any attention to her, and I wanted so bad to just get back what I had lost and give her the attention she wanted and needed.

Long story short. She left me and I lost it all.

The moral of my story is dont let bitcoin take ahold of you like it did me, relationships are what matter and once you lose them you can't get them back.

She's already moved on and found a man that is giving her the attention she needs and I'm lonely, broken hearted and in more debt than I've ever been in, in my life.

feel sry for you! i been in the same spot in my life but with sport betting instead of bitcoin mining (gambling) and it sucks :/
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:03:42 PM

It all started for me back in April of 2014.

The following year my girlfriend and I had broken up for a few months because I had become so obsessed with reading about bitcoin and was being neglectful to her needs.

I had promised her that I wouldn't constantly be on my phone reading all the news related to bitcoin and watching the price fluctuations and on July 16th 2014 I asked her to marry me.

I kept my promises to her for a while. Until April 2015 when my miners that I used for solo mining actually found a block.

It was my first time finding one after over a year of trying and seeing 25 coins in my wallet worth almost $6,000.00 was so exhilarating and I felt like I was on cloud 9

I told my fiance about it and for the first time she was happy i had gotten involved into mining bitcoin.

I made a promise never to touch them until we we ready to retire.

A few days later I purchased 1 bitcoin and rented some hashpower and tried my luck at solo mining again.

Before I had spent even 1/4 of that bitcoin I found another block.

Woo hoo! This is easy I told myself.

Of course I told her about it and again she was very pleased.

This time I promised I would only use five coins to try and solo mine another block.

Well I lost the five.

Then more, then more and more and more until I had lost it all.

I couldn't tell her what I had done, couldn't admit that I had turned into a compulsive gambler and threw it all away.

So what did I decide to do?

I took out a home equity loan and borrowed $30,000.00 so I could purchase about 75 coins at the time.

I just knewI had figured out a system and with that many coins I would be able to get back what I had lost and repay my home equity loan.

At times I would spend an average of 1 bitcoin per day assuming it would take me no longer than 25 days to find a block and if I found one earlier then that then obviously I had come out ahead and I would pick a different address to solo mine to. It had to work, how couldn't it. At other times I would rent enough hashpower that I should have found a block within 12 hours.

Well it was quiet a roller coaster. From April of 2015 until mid December of 2015 I would estimate I found at least ten blocks probably more.

But I never could get back to where i started. I would get to the point where I was about to lose it all then I'd find a block.

Then I'd use that one to try and find more. When I was about to lose it all again, I'd find another one.

This process of losing almost everything and then gaining back a little, rinse wash and repeat continued for 8 months.

It was the most stressful time of my life.

All I could think about was getting back what I had lost so I wouldn't have to tell my fiance what I had done.

She felt neglected because I was always swiping my phone to see my new "best share" and to see how close I was to finding another block and a dark cloud followed me everywhere I went.

My negativity and despair showed on my face and she didn't understand why because I couldn't be honest about what I was doing because I was so ashamed.

Every day she would complain how I was always on my phone and not paying any attention to her, and I wanted so bad to just get back what I had lost and give her the attention she wanted and needed.

Long story short. She left me and I lost it all.

The moral of my story is dont let bitcoin take ahold of you like it did me, relationships are what matter and once you lose them you can't get them back.

She's already moved on and found a man that is giving her the attention she needs and I'm lonely, broken hearted and in more debt than I've ever been in, in my life.

feel sry for you! i been in the same spot in my life but with sport betting instead of bitcoin mining (gambling) and it sucks :/

You know, I had similar experience with online gambling.
Never, never allow that virtual life take over your real life. Period!
Computer and Internet can't love you, hug you, can't give you real family, friendship, human touch et.
It's illusion, not real.
So, make balance in your life or you will ruin what is the most important in your life, believe me.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:26:32 PM

*Whining*

Computer and Internet can't love you, hug you, can't give you real family, friendship, human touch et.
It's illusion, not real.
So, make balance in your life or you will ruin what is the most important in your life, believe me.

And yet, you advertise a gambling site in your signature! Can you see my sig line? It's advertising Gamblers Anonymous, a help line for addicted gamblers. There's help staring people in the face and I bet that link has never been clicked. That's why I have no sympathy for people like the OP. Unlike other diseases, gambling addiction is easy for the infected to spot. They may choose to live in denial but they understand that they have a problem but refuse to get help.

I've had gambling addicted friends and one call to GA fixed their lives. GA has a lot of resources available including financial advisors and bankruptcy legal support. Blaming Bitcoin instead of himself just means he's still sick and needs treatment. Someone needs to slap him in the face and wake him up. It may seem like I've said cruel things to him but I consider what I've said a long distance slap in the face. Click the link and change your life.

randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:32:58 PM

i can understand that people get fascinated by bitcoin, but i don't understand how some one can let his personal life suffer due to a far going interest in bitcoin. bitcoin is a more than welcome new technology. people should enjoy it and don't let it take over their life in a negative way.
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:50:12 PM

Solo mining today is just like gambling, this is why pools are important, it makes mining much more predictable by reducing the variance. Finding balance I have also always found difficult, remember what is important in life.

Bitcoin is definitely an important part of my soul today, I feel like my life is better for it. I hope that your situation improves and that you find happiness. There is much beauty and joy in life, maybe try and focus on that a bit more.
bitcoinprofit

Activity: 854

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:02:21 PM

Cool story, bro.  Blockchain proof or it didn't happen.  Does everyone here believe everything they read?

I agree.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:30:02 PM

*Whining*

It's illusion, not real.

And yet, you advertise a gambling site in your signature! Can you see my sig line? It's advertising Gamblers Anonymous, a help line for addicted gamblers. There's help staring people in the face and I bet that link has never been clicked. That's why I have no sympathy for people like the OP. Unlike other diseases, gambling addiction is easy for the infected to spot. They may choose to live in denial but they understand that they have a problem but refuse to get help.

I've had gambling addicted friends and one call to GA fixed their lives. GA has a lot of resources available including financial advisors and bankruptcy legal support. Blaming Bitcoin instead of himself just means he's still sick and needs treatment. Someone needs to slap him in the face and wake him up. It may seem like I've said cruel things to him but I consider what I've said a long distance slap in the face. Click the link and change your life.

Gambling is not illegal and not necessary bad thing, if you can control yourself and not to become addict.
I learned my lesson and now I'm able to find balance between my virtual and real life.
If someone wants to visit gambling sites, they will find it, doesn't matter if I advertise it or not.
People have to learn how to control themselves.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
happygeorge

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

In da Jungle!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:31:22 PM

*Whining*

It's illusion, not real.

+1
happygeorge

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

In da Jungle!

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 04:32:43 PM

This story (including your proofs) could make a great, sad song!!!

Try to find a musician and make it into a One-Hit-Wonder!

Good luck...!!!  --- I would find a female singer Wink
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 12:15:10 PM

Gambling is not illegal and not necessary bad thing, if you can control yourself and not to become addict.
I learned my lesson and now I'm able to find balance between my virtual and real life.
If someone wants to visit gambling sites, they will find it, doesn't matter if I advertise it or not.
People have to learn how to control themselves.
I concur. As long as you do it for fun/relaxation/other reasons and it does not become your addiction it is fine. Anyone who says it is only bad is quite ignorant. Similar to online games, drinking, etc., it is fine if you can control yourself. You can't blame alcohol if you become an addict as you've willingly started drinking it. Similarly OP can't blame Bitcoin in this case either.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: