Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain shipping policy  (Read 5089 times)
papadrams (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:21:39 PM

Hi all,
I would like to know if i can buy from bitmain's site (https://bitmaintech.com/product.htm) for delivery in EU.
Has anybody that kind of experience?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:24:50 PM

Hi all,
I would like to know if i can buy from bitmain's site (https://bitmaintech.com/product.htm) for delivery in EU.
Has anybody that kind of experience?

If what ways are you wondering? If you meant import taxes/vat yes you will owe that.

That is normally the most common question as far as EU.  But yes they ship to EU no issues as far as ordering and being there as far as delivery.
papadrams (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:34:49 PM

Thanks a lot. I am asking because if i want to buy from a reseller i have to pay 2200€ + shipping cost

http://asicminer-shop.de/Bitmain-Antminer-S7-47-TH-s-B8_1
http://www.antminerdistribution.com/antminer-s7-released-soon/
If i buy it from bitmain, i'll pay 1300€+ 23%vat (Greece) = 1600€ + shipping cost

Are my calculations wrong???
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:45:19 PM

Thanks a lot. I am asking because if i want to buy from a reseller i have to pay 2200€ + shipping cost

http://asicminer-shop.de/Bitmain-Antminer-S7-47-TH-s-B8_1
http://www.antminerdistribution.com/antminer-s7-released-soon/
If i buy it from bitmain, i'll pay 1300€+ 23%vat (Greece) = 1600€ + shipping cost

Are my calculations wrong???

There was a pretty big drop between Batch 7 and  Batch 8  miners.  It's possible those re sellers have stock of older higher priced miners, and EU honestly always seems high on miners with VAT/Import.

But yes most likely you get a Batch 8 and pay import direct from bitmain without re seller, and it will be cheaper.  Your cutting out a middle guy.  
papadrams (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:49:51 PM

There was a pretty big drop between S7 and S8  miners.  It's possible those re sellers have stock of older higher priced miners, and EU honestly always seems high on miners with VAT/Import.

But yes most likely you get a S8 and pay import direct from bitmain without re seller, and it will be cheaper.  Your cutting out a middle guy.  

You mean batch 7 and batch 8??
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:55:54 PM

There was a pretty big drop between S7 and S8  miners.  It's possible those re sellers have stock of older higher priced miners, and EU honestly always seems high on miners with VAT/Import.

But yes most likely you get a S8 and pay import direct from bitmain without re seller, and it will be cheaper.  Your cutting out a middle guy.  

Sorry about that yes mean different batches.  Batch 7 was quite a bit higher then batch 8.  But it also is faster (and quite possibly more efficient).  

So there are arguments I can see for a higher price on batch 7.  But not to the extent you mentioned above.
papadrams (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:01:10 PM

Batch 9 has even lower price.. 1180.47$ I suppose they want to get rid of all the chips because 16nm is on the way..
papadrams (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:07:39 PM

Sorry about that yes mean different batches.  Batch 7 was quite a bit higher then batch 8.  But it also is faster (and quite possibly more efficient).  

So there are arguments I can see for a higher price on batch 7.  But not to the extent you mentioned above.

Thanks for the help my friend..
I would appreciate if someone from Eu who has done this could tell me if everything went smoothly. Maybe there are hidden taxes  Tongue After all i live in Greece!! You have to pay taxes even for pissing...
J4bberwock

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 12:55:10 AM

I would appreciate if someone from Eu who has done this could tell me if everything went smoothly. Maybe there are hidden taxes  Tongue After all i live in Greece!! You have to pay taxes even for pissing...

The only tax I had to pay was VAT on delivery to DHL (or Fedex/UPS if you choose them) and 12€ flat fee for DHL who acted as a broker (dealt with customs, and supposedly paid upfront VAT for me to the customs).
Remember, you pay VAT on item price with shipping added.
If the carrier company needs something else than "Bitcoin miner" as a description to select a category for the taxes, you can answer they are "computer accessories".

The latest price drop on batch 8 can easily explain a large part of the price difference you see with EU resellers.
They bought S7 when they were over 1600€ plus shipping plus VAT.

Custom Server PSU breakout boards, 1200w, 1300w, 2000w, 2880w https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=738527.0
Btc: 1J4bberWs6f6XVQ53gn3BNc8qHAicmm7wu
Ltc: LNDmMBtzD3cduwjfxANm2wDrxt9jXRk5ZP
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 02:47:48 AM

The only tax I had to pay was VAT on delivery to DHL (or Fedex/UPS if you choose them) and 12€ flat fee for DHL who acted as a broker (dealt with customs, and supposedly paid upfront VAT for me to the customs).
Remember, you pay VAT on item price with shipping added.
If the carrier company needs something else than "Bitcoin miner" as a description to select a category for the taxes, you can answer they are "computer accessories".

The latest price drop on batch 8 can easily explain a large part of the price difference you see with EU resellers.
They bought S7 when they were over 1600€ plus shipping plus VAT.

I was actually wondering about UPS vs DHL vs etc. I've had varied tax% when importing to Canada, sometime the miner will cost 6, 7 or 14% taxes. And i saw alleged report of people saying they had no tax to pay with DHL' albeit maybe not with something so pricy.

I think i'll make sure that the official-ish value of the miner is under 1600CAD however, as that become labeled as a "High value import" and it become a pain, like it does in the US from what i understand.

Maybe then its less tax, i don't know.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:05:47 AM

Batch 9 has even lower price.. 1180.47$ I suppose they want to get rid of all the chips because 16nm is on the way..

More like they realise that by the time the Batch 9 units ship, they'll have serious competition AND they're going to be impossible to RoI at the older overcharge price even with VERY VERY cheap electric.

It does appear that the "28nm full custom" generation is going to have a rather short profitable lifetime - the units of that generation came out WAY too close to the halfing, and it looks like the first 14/16nm "available to the public" gear should be out before the halfing as well.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:07:54 AM

More like they realise that by the time the Batch 9 units ship, they'll have serious competition AND they're going to be impossible to RoI at the older overcharge price even with VERY VERY cheap electric.

It does appear that the "28nm full custom" generation is going to have a rather short profitable lifetime - the units of that generation came out WAY too close to the halfing, and it looks like the first 14/16nm "available to the public" gear should be out before the halfing as well.

I'm thinking of waiting and just pick off some S7's for 600-800$ in a month or two. The difficulty is still climbing and the latest S7 batches are inferior in efficiency to the latest, so i don't really see the S7's being worth all that much before long. I hope those who bought at 2k+ got their 1k+ return already.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:59:15 PM

I'm thinking of waiting and just pick off some S7's for 600-800$ in a month or two. The difficulty is still climbing and the latest S7 batches are inferior in efficiency to the latest, so i don't really see the S7's being worth all that much before long. I hope those who bought at 2k+ got their 1k+ return already.

I do not remember so expensive S7   at 2k+

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1 × 2
Date 2015-08-30
Wrong Shipping Date  from Bitmain site  2015-09-28 
Real Shipping Date from DHL  Shipment picked up Thursday, October 08, 2015
Order Total 3535.09 USD

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1 × 2
Date 2015-08-30   
Wrong Shipping Date  from Bitmain site 2015-09-21
Real Shipping Date           Shipment picked up   Saturday, October 31, 2015
Order Total 15.967 BTC    1BTC=227,66USD

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:29:12 PM

I do not remember so expensive S7   at 2k+

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1 × 2
Date 2015-08-30
Wrong Shipping Date  from Bitmain site  2015-09-28 
Real Shipping Date from DHL  Shipment picked up Thursday, October 08, 2015
Order Total 3535.09 USD

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 1 × 2
Date 2015-08-30   
Wrong Shipping Date  from Bitmain site 2015-09-21
Real Shipping Date           Shipment picked up   Saturday, October 31, 2015
Order Total 15.967 BTC    1BTC=227,66USD

BTC value has went up aswell.  Some bought when it had a lower value.  So if they waited it would have been better there aswell.   But we had no way of knowing going from like 230 to 400 or so would happen that soon.  Best bargin was when it hit around 500 that one day as price was still varible I think they got best price (could have changed after drop).

Now it seems they do a fixed price in BTC so value of BTC is not near as much of a factor.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: